Pictures of CLS63 with 22" Forgiato wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG; 2006 Infiniti FX45;
Originally Posted by guldbil
Hi there,

I was in the states in April and bought some Forgiatto Granos in 9x20" and 11x20" for my CLS ( i live in denmark) .. I purchased the wheels from Harbor Motorsports in santa ana... They said building time were 10 days and shipping 1 week.. i got my wheels in first of June!!! Not exactly like they promised.. When i got the wheels i was happy and jumping around !! Then i opened the box with the front wheel all the lugnuts were lying on the face of the wheel!! and the wheel looked like a shooting target !!! I talked to Harbor motorsport, and i myself had to pay a new wheel because of the shipping price it would be the same to ship it for repair !! by the fact i havent recieved the new wheel yet, even though the guy at harbor said he has shipped it first in june yeah right...

Now the next thing ( WORSE!!) :

I have had the forgiattos on for 500 km, ( i only use my car few times a week to work ) And i was washing the car Yesterday (12.07.2008) , and gues what!! The chrome i lacking/bubbling on the rear lips!!!

I have tried to reach the guys at harbor without luck by email, and tommorow i will try to call forgiatto myself.

I thought i bought the best and the coolest wheels on the market, and i was the first in scandinavia with Forgiatto Granos on my CLS.... But i guess i got ****ed...

Any of You guys that can help me out ?? what should i do ?? I live across the world and the dealer dont care... And this text from Forgiato´s hompepage is nothing like the real deal:

"We have combined our knowledge of the art of jewelry manufacturing with technological advancements in CNC automation. We use all American Alloy Parts. The end result is… Wheels that look and perform like fine Piaget watches… Proudly made in the USA using all American parts."

Yeah right....

Best Regards
Jesper

My car:

Sorry for your trouble. I hope they resolve your issue. I would help you out but I'm not in California. Hopefully another member who lives out there will be able to help. My advice is to stay with reputable wheel manufacturers. Everybody and their mother are making wheels here in the states. IMO
Old 07-13-2008, 02:31 PM

these wheels a bit funky for me....
Old 07-14-2008, 02:32 AM

Location: I live in Denmark where the cars cost´s 3 times as much!!!
ML63AMG 2007´
Forgiato

Originally Posted by von32897
Sorry for your trouble. I hope they resolve your issue. I would help you out but I'm not in California. Hopefully another member who lives out there will be able to help. My advice is to stay with reputable wheel manufacturers. Everybody and their mother are making wheels here in the states. IMO

I was told that theese wheels were the bomb!! And that Forgiato were the fastest growing manufaturer in US, and has won prices for the coolest wheels on the market at SEMA, remember that i told the guys that i wanted the finest wheels, and that it had to be the best cause´ of the shipping prices.. I payed about 1200 USD shipping only!!
The looks are stunning, but that doesn´t help me, when the chrome is lacking!
Thanks´ for your reply, i hope some guys in California could help me out...
Old 07-21-2008, 12:18 AM

07 CLS 63, 87 L6,raised TITAN,62 custom beetle,72 monte carlo,2 civics
WOW Jesper ?
Old 07-22-2008, 08:39 AM

you would think that on high end products like these they would at least have good service. these days everything's about service and reputation. sounds like this forgiato place service sucks, or, at the least the dealers they choose to sell their products have shady service. the only problem i've had on rims were on my hamann pg2's on my m3 where it wouldn't hold air properly. hamann sent me a new wheel, free shipping, and paid for the installation all within a week. they also sent me a nice card apologizing and didn't ask for the wheel returned. i heard some great stories also about champion and hre's (i have hre's on my porsche) never had any problems.

like someone said above, there's a reason that wheel manu's stay in business over a long time. also you figure if you're driving a car like this you're gonna push it once in a while so you don't want a wheel warping or cracking at high speed. my 2 cents, imho.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 CLS500 with 55 AMG motor, 2008 Infiniti G35, 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager
Sorry to hear about you situation. I have been modifying cars for a long time and it seems like customer service is not really a concern these days. I often wonder how shops stay in business. It took me a long time to find people to work on my car that really care. But, I've been exactly where you are right now. I've had people give me crappy service, then promise to correct the problem. You try to call them, and they fail to answer the phone or return calls. Customizing a car can be an ordeal at times.

I am a really big fan of the Forgiato product, but I think I will monitor the quality of these wheels before I purchase.

I've also heard of paint peeling of of these wheels.

Whats up Slang500 ? I guess you don't talk to non AMG owners?
Old 07-25-2008, 01:06 AM

ML63AMG 2007´
Slang500: Why do You write "Wow" on this thread, you have time to sit here and reply on this thread, but You dont bother replying on the 10 emails i send you about the problem. Now i suddenly get an email from another guy at harbor motorsport, and now things is speeding up ;o) So i hope he can solve my problems with theese "lovely" Forgiato wheels....
Old 07-25-2008, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by khelawanb
Sorry to hear about you situation. I have been modifying cars for a long time and it seems like customer service is not really a concern these days. I often wonder how shops stay in business. It took me a long time to find people to work on my car that really care. But, I've been exactly where you are right now. I've had people give me crappy service, then promise to correct the problem. You try to call them, and they fail to answer the phone or return calls. Customizing a car can be an ordeal at times.

I am a really big fan of the Forgiato product, but I think I will monitor the quality of these wheels before I purchase.

I've also heard of paint peeling of of these wheels.

Whats up Slang500 ? I guess you don't talk to non AMG owners?

Wus up, wus up, car's lookin good..
Old 07-25-2008, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by slang500
Wus up, wus up, car's lookin good..
Thanks man, your car is one of my favorites on here.

What is the verdict with Forgiato Slang? I am looking to get new wheels for the 2009/2010 season. I know that they are very light wheels, but what's up with the quality and durability?
Old 07-25-2008, 01:18 PM

ML63AMG 2007´
Forgiato

I did not want to wait anymore, so i Just talked to Forgiato by email, and they say that they will help me out so i have no more bad to say about this company. Their customer service seems to be JUST FINE, and they will help me out personally,

I wish the editor on this thread can delete all my replys.

Thanks

Jesper

Last edited by guldbil; 07-26-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just talked to Forgiato by email, and they will help me out so i have no more bad to say about this company. Their customer service seems to be JUST FINE, and they will help me out personally, now that Harbor Motorsport wont do anything to help

Thanks

Jesper

Jesper, this is Edison. I DID help you, even though we closed our shop. so no need for these kind of statements. You got your wheels, and the Manufacturer is now helping you with the bad wheels, as they should.

HMS did not build those wheels, Forgiato did, we can not control the chrome coming off the wheels. I hope you enjoy your set and have a nice day
Old 07-25-2008, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Just talked to Forgiato by email, and they will help me out so i have no more bad to say about this company. Their customer service seems to be JUST FINE, and they will help me out personally, now that Harbor Motorsport wont do anything to help

Thanks

Jesper
Good to see a sponsor step up to the plate. Kinda strange to see another less favorable comment on the seller in a short timespan.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:08 AM

ML63AMG 2007´
Yeah, but i did buy it from You guys at HMS, and no i still did not get my new frontwheel. That´s still a problem. I know now that Your´e working on it, but it took me long long time to get a reply on email from You Guys (slang500) that´s why i made my case here and i told You in one of my last email´s that i would do this if i didn´t get at response from You... now things are speeding up, but it didn´t have to be this way, if You guys just had helped me out to start with.

Regards
Jesper
Old 07-26-2008, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A simple phone call or reply can eliminate so many problems. When I had the inside pieces to my headlight painted for the first time, they shop would not answer my calls. I finally drove 40 minutes to the shop, only to find out that they broke them during sanding.
I had to order another set of lights on ebay.

The guys at Harbor seem cool, but I know how he feels.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:57 PM

A few MB's
nice looking cls63! not a big fan of the wheels
Old 07-28-2008, 04:54 AM

Thanks man, your car is one of my favorites on here.

What is the verdict with Forgiato Slang? I am looking to get new wheels for the 2009/2010 season. I know that they are very light wheels, but what's up with the quality and durability?
Well, lets put it this way, FORGIATO is a great wheel i love the styles and different paint options they offer.. The quality IMO is the same as MOST 3 piece companys today, the wheels are not that light but not that heavy either..I think its more of a STYLE wheel then performance. The chrome quality is not the best but its pretty good if you take care of it properly, chrome is chrome if you leave your car OUTSIDE for 2 months and never touch it im pretty sure the rain, snow or just dirt and bad weather will mess up your chrome.
Durabilty is the same, all these wheels are hand made they cant be perfect some may leak some may not.
Their offsets are usually right on and perfect. Forgiatos are great wheels very popular all over specially in the L.A./HollyWOOD area but if it was up to me and money was no object i would go with H.R.E.'s almost every time, I just like em that much even though their not perfect either i've had my set on the cls for about 2 years now and i've had to fix them about 4 times already, it depends on how you drive, where you drive, and the tires you run so its really all up to you. My H.R.E.'s are actually getting fixed right now i messed up two of them really bad on the 405 leaving a car show in Long Beach and i happened to have a new set of FORGIATOS that were real fresh so i put on 2 of them and have been driving on them for about 2 weeks now and some people like them better then the H.R.E.'s.
Good luck with your purchase and if you need help or a good deal on whatever wheel you decide to go with i'de love to help you...
Here's some pics of the FORGIATOS and H.R.E.'s and my 405 incident..

Old 07-28-2008, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I like your HRE's much better. That was some major damage. I've bent the inner part of my wheel, but never the outer. That is probably the only style from HRE that I like. The other styles seem so plain. I'm sure you have an easy time cleaning the inside of it to.
There is a shop here in Maryland that will fix the wheel in 2 days. I've been there about 4 times also. I also like the display for your car. Very modern and Hi tech.
Car looks fantastic man, keep up the good work.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:50 PM

I like your HRE's much better. That was some major damage. I've bent the inner part of my wheel, but never the outer. That is probably the only style from HRE that I like. The other styles seem so plain. I'm sure you have an easy time cleaning the inside of it to.
There is a shop here in Maryland that will fix the wheel in 2 days. I've been there about 4 times also. I also like the display for your car. Very modern and Hi tech.
Car looks fantastic man, keep up the good work.

Thanks man
Old 07-29-2008, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M

Damn what did you hit?
Old 07-30-2008, 04:37 AM

Damn what did you hit?[/QUOTE]

I was on the 405 going home and some idiot in front me in a tow truck dropped a chain from the back of the truck the chain was rolled up into a small knot, i saw it but could not get over in time so i hit it and it all went to ****. I pulled over right away cause i new something was wrong to see that both my front and rear wheels were done, 40 minutes later i put the spare on the back and drove about 10 miles (still on the freeway) to get to the shop.
It was a horrible day
Old 07-30-2008, 08:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my god!
I need to buy the spare for the CLS 55/63. The spare for the 500/550 won't fit over my Brembo's. I usually throw my spare in the back seat when I drive out of town, but i just realized that my spare tire is useless.

Those pics are scaring me.

Damn what did you hit?

I was on the 405 going home and some idiot in front me in a tow truck dropped a chain from the back of the truck the chain was rolled up into a small knot, i saw it but could not get over in time so i hit it and it all went to ****. I pulled over right away cause i new something was wrong to see that both my front and rear wheels were done, 40 minutes later i put the spare on the back and drove about 10 miles (still on the freeway) to get to the shop.
It was a horrible day[/QUOTE]
Old 07-30-2008, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
It was a horrible day
That blows, did you get his plate # at least?

Hear a lot of these stories, and the ****s always get away
Old 08-12-2008, 11:34 AM

S600
Im sorry but Forgiato has to be the worst company ever dealt with. I have had nothing but problems with my wheels from them. I now have HRE on my S600 and Forgiato has my wheels again for the last 2 months and still no word on them. The finish work is horrible. 2 days and the wheel starts cracking and pitting. I dont even drive my 600 thats the best part. I drive it from the place I get the wheels put on to my shop and it sits there.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'17 CLS550
Originally Posted by Blue_Monster
Jesper, this is Edison. I DID help you, even though we closed our shop. so no need for these kind of statements. You got your wheels, and the Manufacturer is now helping you with the bad wheels, as they should.

HMS did not build those wheels, Forgiato did, we can not control the chrome coming off the wheels. I hope you enjoy your set and have a nice day
It truly amazes me that people that own shops that sell this stuff take an approach like this.....do you think if you go to Walgreens and get a bottle of Dove shampoo and you find out it was only half full that you would go to Dove to get the issue resolved? Hell no...you would go to Walgreen's. Same holds true in a case like this.

I had this same problem with a set of coilovers I got for my old 996tt. One of them was defective and the Tuner shop I bought them from took the same approach --- "we didn't make the coilovers"...well, no *****... but you carry their product so IT IS your issue to get resolved.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:34 AM

ML63AMG 2007´
Slang500: As you can see You sold me crap!! All others with forgiato tells the same story over and over again!! Im really worried right now, because im just waiting for my front wheels to start lacking, then im a ticking bomb.... Just waiting to explode... I prefer You start doing something.. I didnt have to go to forgiato, i bought it from Harbor Motorsport..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pictures of CLS63 with 22" Forgiato wheels