C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Modifications for cls 63 amg

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 02:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 CLS63 AMG(Designo Platinum Blk,030), 09 C63 AMG, 2010 Maserati QP Sport GTS, 2010 Maserati GTS MC
Modifications for cls 63 amg

Hey guys,

I have just purchased an 09 cls 63 amg and had some questions regarding few modifications. When is the good time to start upgrading ecu, headers, air filters, and so on. I heard something like 1000 miles before doing anything. Also, I have done some research and called different manufactureres for available products on the cls63 and seemed like there aren't too many. Here are all the available products that I found.

1. Renn Tech: ECU(+30hp)-$3495, Shorttube Headers-$5000, Mufflers-$3495(involve cutting and welding), Catbypass Pipes(currently in development)

2. Kleeman: ECU(+15hp)-$1500, Longtube Headers(includes downpipes and cats which involve cutting and welding)-$3995

3. VRP: ECU(28hp)-$1990, Shorttube Headers(20~25hp)-$1500, Carbon Engine Cover Kit(includes enlarged carbon airboxes and vrp air filters~20hp)-$1850, VR530 Package(includes pulleys, heat spacers, IAT sensor relocation harness, and vrp air filters ~30hp)-$749, VRP Air Filters(10hp)-$189, and X Pipe(involves cutting and welding of stock silencers)-$499

4. MKB: ECU, Headers, and Carbon Air Boxes with Air Filters
5. Evo Sport: Currently developing products such as ecu, headers, air filters, and pulleys - I would assume that the set up would be pretty similar to VRP and MKB, but from what I hear the headers are longtube.

6. Brabus: ECU(20hp)-$6000, Sport Cats-$12000 ridiculous price!

7. Carlsson: Noting
8. Kleeman: Nothing
9. Lorinser: Nothing

In my opinion, VRP would be the best way to go just because there products are simple and does not require any sort of heavy modification such as cutting and welding. Also I have been hearing that there quality is top notch for the price! If there claims are correct, it seems like that there products have the most performance benefits while spending least. A quick question, are these mods really worth it? Because from what I know, the 63 engines are really tunes perfectly by AMG and some say that I might actually loose power for messing around with it. I am planning on doing just the air box modifications and vr530 package, but just was not sure if the headers and ecu are really worth the money. Anyways, please let me know what u guys think. Thanks~
Old 06-13-2008, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG; 2006 Infiniti FX45;
Originally Posted by PJOO85
Hey guys,

I have just purchased an 09 cls 63 amg and had some questions regarding few modifications. When is the good time to start upgrading ecu, headers, air filters, and so on. I heard something like 1000 miles before doing anything. Also, I have done some research and called different manufactureres for available products on the cls63 and seemed like there aren't too many. Here are all the available products that I found.

1. Renn Tech: ECU(+30hp)-$3495, Shorttube Headers-$5000, Mufflers-$3495(involve cutting and welding), Catbypass Pipes(currently in development)

2. Kleeman: ECU(+15hp)-$1500, Longtube Headers(includes downpipes and cats which involve cutting and welding)-$3995

3. VRP: ECU(28hp)-$1990, Shorttube Headers(20~25hp)-$1500, Carbon Engine Cover Kit(includes enlarged carbon airboxes and vrp air filters~20hp)-$1850, VR530 Package(includes pulleys, heat spacers, IAT sensor relocation harness, and vrp air filters ~30hp)-$749, VRP Air Filters(10hp)-$189, and X Pipe(involves cutting and welding of stock silencers)-$499

4. MKB: ECU, Headers, and Carbon Air Boxes with Air Filters
5. Evo Sport: Currently developing products such as ecu, headers, air filters, and pulleys - I would assume that the set up would be pretty similar to VRP and MKB, but from what I hear the headers are longtube.

6. Brabus: ECU(20hp)-$6000, Sport Cats-$12000 ridiculous price!

7. Carlsson: Noting
8. Kleeman: Nothing
9. Lorinser: Nothing

In my opinion, VRP would be the best way to go just because there products are simple and does not require any sort of heavy modification such as cutting and welding. Also I have been hearing that there quality is top notch for the price! If there claims are correct, it seems like that there products have the most performance benefits while spending least. A quick question, are these mods really worth it? Because from what I know, the 63 engines are really tunes perfectly by AMG and some say that I might actually loose power for messing around with it. I am planning on doing just the air box modifications and vr530 package, but just was not sure if the headers and ecu are really worth the money. Anyways, please let me know what u guys think. Thanks~
My opinion is to stay with Renntech. Better quality. Owner used to work run AMG North America, so he knows the engines. They have partnership setup with MB. It's a little pricier but you get what you pay for. MB backs Renntech, so you won't have warranty issues. I had researched all 4 MB tuners for 2months. Spoke to everyone under the sun. I'm going with a Pkg 2 for my cls 55amg.