C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Make an 06 CLS55 look like an 09 CLS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 03:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Make an 06 CLS55 look like an 09 CLS

Anyway my other title wasn't very descriptive, I basically want an 06 CLS55 to look like an 09 CLS550/63. So far I know that the taillights can be replaced with the LED's, does anyone know how much these would run? The other things I want to know is can we get the trapezoidal tailpipes, and rear bumper, and most importantly the COMMAND system. If anyone can provide rough prices this would be fantastic. Also think we could change the side mirrors too? Thanks!
Old 07-25-2008, 04:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 55
Yes it would cost a lot

This is all unchartered waters, we will learn from you
Old 07-25-2008, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 CLS500 with 55 AMG motor, 2008 Infiniti G35, 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager
I tried to buy the grille last week and it did not show up in the system. The parts guy told me to bring in the VIN #from an 09 and that should help.

Last edited by khelawanb; 07-25-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
07 CLS63 | 06 SLK350
best of luck ..... r u gujju ?
Old 07-26-2008, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cls 55 or FIAT Coupe T20v-6speed
Originally Posted by desi_style
Anyway my other title wasn't very descriptive, I basically want an 06 CLS55 to look like an 09 CLS550/63. So far I know that the taillights can be replaced with the LED's, does anyone know how much these would run? The other things I want to know is can we get the trapezoidal tailpipes, and rear bumper, and most importantly the COMMAND system. If anyone can provide rough prices this would be fantastic. Also think we could change the side mirrors too? Thanks!

I'm waiting for those tail LED lights : parts are A2198200664 / A2198200764

and price is not outrageous: about 210 eur each .. a little bit discounted (here in Italy).

LEd Mirrors ... too I'm waiting for them.
would have liked the carbon version but, not only price IS crazy but delivery time not available .. therefor ewent for standard but my service made a mistake, in any case I know you need to change 5parts ats each mirror.

bye!

ps: not interested in the grille, nor Comand because I plan to install a new audio system upgrade that's MOST compatible and will allow for slot expansion to satisfy most sophisticated needs

Last edited by dyno; 07-26-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:18 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by dyno
I'm waiting for those tail LED lights : parts are A2198200664 / A2198200764

and price is not outrageous: about 210 eur each .. a little bit discounted (here in Italy).

LEd Mirrors ... too I'm waiting for them.
would have liked the carbon version but, not only price IS crazy but delivery time not available .. therefor ewent for standard but my service made a mistake, in any case I know you need to change 5parts ats each mirror.

bye!

ps: not interested in the grille, nor Comand because I plan to install a new audio system upgrade that's MOST compatible and will allow for slot expansion to satisfy most sophisticated needs
dyno my friend I will be waiting to see pictures of this and how it works!
best of luck
also if oyu can, please see if the command can be swapped out or not please
Old 07-27-2008, 05:36 AM

I feel the bumper will make the biggest difference. The thing I have always hated about the CLS has been the back and with the new bumper and tailpipes they really really improved the look as it is dropped down more. It looks like all my shopping will have to be done at the dealership which is a real bummer, I was hoping to get it for cheap online somewhere. Also fitting in the new command system with DVD navigation is big on my list. It would be perfect if these 06 CLS55s could be transformed =) For the mirrors how much labor is required dyno? Thanks blackcls63, I am not Guju but I am dying in Chennai right now working for the World Bank, I am actually an UCLA student so pretty young and not trying to spend all the money I made off VISA on my car haha. Oh yeah so to explain I am south indian..
Old 07-27-2008, 05:57 AM

2007 CLS 550 and some other MBZ
I was over at the dealer and the parts guy said the new COMMAND is NOT compatible with older models.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thumbs up

ciao ragazzi !

- Bumper and tailpipes: .. really don't catch: I thought rear bumper didn't change in 63 vs 55 version. the same goes for tailpipes .
maybe I'm wrong?

- Comand: I tried to get info a pair of weeks ago
-card reader and disk: as far as I understand they don't allow you to view images or video on the screen. therefore, I'm NOT interested.
- DVD nav: .. too, I already have DVD nav, therefore I don't see any interest. maybe the software is a little bit different .. in any case the major mod I would be interested in is not performed. as we have a growing amount of cameras, tutors, Autovelox and that kind of fu..in things, the only think that would help would be a simple TomTom with online connnection. me seem this feature is NOT performed by new Comand.

In principle, I don't see a compatibility problem: our fiber optic MOST based system is like a ring where you can attach any MOST compatible device you want ( if you have it !|) and decide and tell the system if the new device should replace another existing device or not.
for example, my coming AUDIO device will enter the system and tell the existing audiogateway that she can retire and he will take upon himself the management of audio signal from the headunit. that's all.

- MIRROR: the good news I can tell you is that you don't need to replace the electric motor.
if you exclude the 1000 euro cost for 1 carbon cover, all remaining parts with standard cover will be a few hundreds.

btw ... do you want to know how much is that black plastic stripe among the tail pipes, in Carbon finish ?! ... about 1700 eur price list
I need to replace because I had it hand made by some "expert" guys ... but don't like .. too many defects

you know what me like .. the chrome tweeter ring with AMG logo you see below in the latest audio upgrade by the Performance Studio itself
.. damn .. they did it quicker than me .. only because they have unlimited resources .. but I'll show them my soon to come new grill for the rear deck

Old 07-28-2008, 05:59 AM

Bumper and Taillights: These are the two biggest things I want to do, the 09 Model has a bumper that comes down significantly further than the other pre-facelift models and I think it adds a lot to the car to get rid of its ugly backend. The taillights in the 09 Models are also LED's which I am a huge fan of. The tailpipes are trapezoidal in shape and look very beastly. They did not change initially between the 55 and the 63 but the new 63 09 models have the bumper, taillights, and different tailpipes.

Command
I was under the impression from reviews and pictures this was an updated command system capable of playing movies from the getgo. The other thing is clearly the software would have been upgraded to make for a more intuitive interface. Also I have been told they have (finally) switched from DVD Navigation to Hard Drive based navigation. I also agree being it is also based on Mercedes MOST system it should be interchangeable in principle.

Mirror:
The new mirrors are something like 30% bigger and have an aggressive bigger badder new c-class look to them which I really like so I want to swap out with the new mirrors.

AUdio System:
All I can say is wow, that thing looks amazing. There is always a but and in this case that system looks damn expensive but definitely raw. I myself and putting in just one 13.5 JL Audio W7 and a 1000/1 JL audio amp in my trunk. I turn the Sub all the way up in the back and then put the bass all the way down in my car with the treble and mid up and it sounds absolutely fantastic for what I hope is a fraction of the cost. In September / October I am going to begin trying to make the car look like an 09 model, hopefully I can get cheaper parts from somewhere...
Old 07-28-2008, 06:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by desi_style
Bumper and Taillights: These are the two biggest things I want to do, the 09 Model has a bumper that comes down significantly further than the other pre-facelift models and I think it adds a lot to the car to get rid of its ugly backend. The taillights in the 09 Models are also LED's which I am a huge fan of. The tailpipes are trapezoidal in shape and look very beastly. They did not change initially between the 55 and the 63 but the new 63 09 models have the bumper, taillights, and different tailpipes.

LEFT: CLS 63 09 my
RIGHT: previous version

sorry, don't get the differencies you are talking about other than tail lights

maybe you refer to the NEW NON-AMG version

Old 07-28-2008, 12:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
07 CLS63 | 06 SLK350
desi_style: lay off the bhaang .... .lol..

dyno... u may be right... i think he's refferring to the non amg version
Old 07-28-2008, 01:58 PM

Velvet Fleetwood
swaping the tail lights may not be as easy. you may have to re-wire LED's. this is something I'm interested in as well.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:45 PM

hahahha actually blackcls63 I tried looking everywhere for the "special lassi" but locals just looked at my weird escpecially because I only speak English. I had to settle for some charras, manali cream to be exact =)

That could explain why yes everyone is right I confused the AMG and non-AMG version. But I must say the rear of the non AMG version really does look much better as do the tailpipes, if they were quad exhaust that would be nasty, like an Acura TL type quad exhaust.

I was hpoing the tail lights would be easy, I mean it should be plug and play as the LED's are self-powered and all they take are a few cables to connect. I know the old BMW 3-series you could just swap in the new LED's when they came out.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

couldn't resist anymore took her home for the WE
even if next week will be in again for rear lights .. and something else

- LED mirrors painted and installed
.. told me they finally had to change also the electric motor
as far as I understood it's necessary to swap 2 cables for it to operate correctly.
sorry for bad pics

open

on

folded

and, here we have the Original CF rear

Old 08-01-2008, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK550
OMG ^ THAT CF diffuser looks SIIICK!!! If anyone wants to sell me their 55/63 NON CF diffuser ill buy it for my CLS500. Also...besides the LED's, and Mirrors, anything else on the outside diffrent? Front bumper? It looks as if the 63 bumpers are sharper...maybe it's just me!
Old 08-01-2008, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

maybe, as soon as new Cf mirror cover will become available I'll think again about it,

but, what I would really like is cabon front grill, 3 fins with Star
... anybody knows were to find it ??

also thinking about rear CF trunk Lip,

and also this original front CF apron ...but not sure

Old 08-06-2008, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

... new tail lights

Old 08-07-2008, 04:09 AM

2006 CLS55 AMG
I'd really like to know if the new 09 taillights will be 100% compatible.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:29 AM

CLS55 AMG, FX45, GS300, Acura TL, Galant, Diamante,
NON CF diffuser

You mean you want the orignal plastic diffuser piece?
I have one..cuz i am changing mine to a CF one.so let me know. But i am stricktly talking about that piece of plastic part that comes off..
Old 08-07-2008, 09:45 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs up dyno

what did come with the tail lights(wires,transformers....)is it plug &play.
thanks
Old 08-07-2008, 02:20 PM

E-550 Coupe 2010 SE
niceee! LEDS are so sweeeet...
Old 08-07-2008, 02:24 PM

E-550 Coupe 2010 SE
you have to post pics of the new leds on.....
Old 08-07-2008, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by christiaan
you have to post pics of the new leds on.....
would have like to have them installed today .. but the Service asked me to go tomorrow.
I asked the man there to check at the computer: seems the socket didn't change; also, didn't change the third center stop light, either... so hope will be ok.

Cant wait to see if the "adaptive stop light function" will work

ps: they will be very busy with me: all those cables are for fitting A dvb-Terrestrial module ...
Same quantity of cable is ready for retrofitting the TPMS that unfortunately is so unusual ..and expensive here

they tried to tell me it was so hard that to do and find all parts ... so I helped a bit and found by myself
Old 08-07-2008, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LED side mirrors

- appears that new mirrors do not have the additional light I had in my old mirrors. that light you can turn on/off for viewing to the floor even when cruising

- further, the light colour of the led is very Yellow .. much different from headlamp blinker that is orange in my car. what colour is in your car ? Seems that in 2009 my the front lamp didn't change, so can' t understand!
I want to find a colour match .. I heard of chrome lamps !?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 2.00 average.

Quick Reply: Make an 06 CLS55 look like an 09 CLS