C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Couldn't stay stock for very long... install new wheels today !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 01:31 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a MB
Originally Posted by bigben320e
So Vanessa, you like the Lexani's?
Oh, definitely.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:53 AM

:)
I wanted to stay under or at $5K. My buddy has a CLS55 Kleeman stage 4, and has Asanti's for a year almost. He loves them, no issues, ride is great. Sevral other that have them have not had any issues either. I am trying to figure out, what is the bad rep with Asanti/Lexani's?

On the quality, is HRE really that good? Vossen? Lexani, Asanti? I am doing research, but see or find no specs as to one is better than the other. Talk to me...
with 5k, you can have access to most of the wheels that you mention and 3 piece wheels. there's nothing wrong with Asanti/Lexani, I had a set of 22" asanti on my BMW 750 in the past, and it was great wheels with super deep lips, but it wasnt design for performance or tunning style. so depending on what look you going for on your CLS, that would define which wheels will suit you best.

If you are going for Murder out, all black with big rims, big lip and slam to the ground, "thugish" look... Asanti/Lexani would fit that appearance.

But you plan on going with the aggressive tunning look, you would go with a 3piece HRE, DEP, 360 Forged types of wheels... and the wheels will look custom.

or you can go with Vossen or TAD, 1 piece wheels with a stagger look at a afforable price.

all other 3-piece wheels will be a bit more, but within your range of 5k..

lastly look at craigslist, or classified here, there are great used deals out there if you want to spend the mininal....

good luck...

Last edited by newguycls55; 09-15-2008 at 02:01 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:59 AM

I wanted to stay under or at $5K. My buddy has a CLS55 Kleeman stage 4, and has Asanti's for a year almost. He loves them, no issues, ride is great. Sevral other that have them have not had any issues either. I am trying to figure out, what is the bad rep with Asanti/Lexani's?

On the quality, is HRE really that good? Vossen? Lexani, Asanti? I am doing research, but see or find no specs as to one is better than the other. Talk to me...
here's a great set of wheels at a very resonable pricing.. and Jordan at360 is a very trusted source... I would jump on these if i was looking for wheels...

https://mbworld.org/forums/c219/259283-cheap-20-klass-wheels-sale-cls-sl.html
Old 09-15-2008, 10:29 AM

Velvet Fleetwood

PM'ed you.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:06 AM

2006 CLS55 AMG; 2006 Infiniti FX45;

I did about three months worth of research and bounced around the pros and cons of every possible wheel. If you're looking for a great quality wheel, reasonably priced one piece wheel-Go with Vossen. If you are looking for more custom 3 piece- Go with HRE's. You won't go wrong with either or. Depends on how much you want to spend. IMHO
Old 09-15-2008, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Thanks guys, a lot of these rims brands mentioned I have not heard of on this site, (Breden, Vossen, Maya especially) so the info helps a lot.

I am looking for rims that have chrome/black in them. Brushed would be fine, thus when I saw the LSS-10 Lexani's they fit the bill. I did not want all chrome or all black.

1/3 piece is ok, I know 3 piece rims can be taken apart in the case of damage to replace one piece. The unique thing about the Lexani's was that the stainless steel lip can be taken off and replaced if damaged. I thought this was a good concept and design. Thoughts?
Old 09-15-2008, 03:21 PM

07 CLS 63, 87 L6,raised TITAN,62 custom beetle,72 monte carlo,2 civics
Originally Posted by newguycls55
Hey Slang... I like the article they did on you with Heavy Hitters magazine... Congrats...
Thanks yo here's some pics

Old 09-15-2008, 05:13 PM

Thanks guys, a lot of these rims brands mentioned I have not heard of on this site, (Breden, Vossen, Maya especially) so the info helps a lot.

I am looking for rims that have chrome/black in them. Brushed would be fine, thus when I saw the LSS-10 Lexani's they fit the bill. I did not want all chrome or all black.

1/3 piece is ok, I know 3 piece rims can be taken apart in the case of damage to replace one piece. The unique thing about the Lexani's was that the stainless steel lip can be taken off and replaced if damaged. I thought this was a good concept and design. Thoughts?
Check out the Vossen VVS083's. They have some black in it. They are one piece and you can either have a black lip or stainless steel chrome. Great price point and if anything happens, they're readily available and inexpensive enough to replace quickly.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
I spoke to Ben over at Vossen. Sounds and looks good.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:37 PM

I spoke to Ben over at Vossen. Sounds and looks good.
Vossen are nice, but if your budget is $5k. you can get good quality 3 piece custome fitted wheels.. I made a mistake buying 1 piece wheels when my budget was similiar to yours of 5k, but once I had the wheels on, I notice a difference in quality and appreance, therefore I immediately sold the wheels and re-purchased 3 piece wheels ...

nothing wrong with 1 piece wheels if your budget is 2k to 3k. but if your budget is 5k, you have many options...

especially from your other posting, you've done alot of additional mods on your car, just keep it clean and pimping... haha..

Last edited by newguycls55; 09-15-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:21 PM

08 CLS63, Honda Accord, 04 911
Vossen are nice, but if your budget is $5k. you can get some better quality 3 piece.. I originally went with the 1 piece route for wheels, than regret it every single day... so I sold it and re-purchase 3 piece wheels... especially from i recall, you've done a few additional mod on your car already also....

Good statement. 5k is a GREAT budget for a set of wheels. If it were more like 2-3k then a whole new setup would be looked at. Not in terms of size but in terms of vendors.

BTW- check out Vellano for that price.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by 150shot
Good statement. 5k is a GREAT budget for a set of wheels. If it were more like 2-3k then a whole new setup would be looked at. Not in terms of size but in terms of vendors.

BTW- check out Vellano for that price.
I don't agree with the statement. Just because you have a budget of 5k doesn't mean you spend the 5k on custom 3 piece wheels. May I remind you of the SEVAS wheels blowing up on the highway! The guy said he paid like 7k for those!

I had a budget of up to 7k but settled on a very good quality 1 piece wheel. They're more readily available in case I need to replace. I don't have to worry about vibration issues running 3 piece wheels. Don't have to worry about leaking problems. Don't have to worry about waiting 6-12 weeks for my wheels to be made. These are some of the many pros and cons I found 3 months of researching for wheels. Just because you have a budget of 5k doesn't mean you spend the 5k just to say you spent 5k on wheels. If you want quality 3 piece wheels, then go with a reputable HRE wheel lineup. My choice had more to do with safety more than anything. I couldn't imagine spending 7k on wheels, praying that the guy building my wheels is assembling them correctly. Also didn't want to leave open the possiblity of having them fall a part while driving down the highway. INMO

Last edited by von32897; 09-16-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by von32897
I don't agree with the statement. Just because you have a budget of 5k doesn't mean you spend the 5k on custom 3 piece wheels. May I remind you of the SEVAS wheels blowing up on the highway! The guy said he paid like 7k for those!

I had a budget of up to 7k but settled on a very good quality 1 piece wheel. They're more readily available in case I need to replace. I don't have to worry about vibration issues running 3 piece wheels. Don't have to worry about leaking problems. Don't have to worry about waiting 6-12 weeks for my wheels to be made. These are some of the many pros and cons I found 3 months of researching for wheels. Just because you have a budget of 5k doesn't mean you spend the 5k just to say you spent 5k on wheels. If you want quality 3 piece wheels, then go with a reputable HRE wheel lineup. My choice had more to do with safety more than anything. I couldn't imagine spending 7k on wheels, praying that the guy building my wheels is assembling them correctly. Also didn't want to leave open the possiblity of having them fall a part while driving down the highway. INMO
Interesting reply, but I am not going to agree or disagree to keep this a natural conversation. but if anyone have a huge concern regarding the reliablility of their wheels, I strongly suggest them to purchase a 5th wheel. vibration, leaking problems, and 6 to 12 weeks building time arent exactly everyday issues, the same problem occur if you mistreat any wheels and drive wrecklessly, but bottom line you get what you pay for in reguards to quality and design.

You are absolutely correct, you can always spend less than your budget, but when someone mention a certain amount, I typically discuss brands and quality that are within the price ranges that are set by the individual

I been through many different type of wheels, 1,2 & 3 piece wheels... so in my opinion (IMHO) I 100% prefer 3 piece wheels... but that's just me. they seem to sit correctly and proper brake clearance. but I'm very picky..

Typically when someone said their budget is 5k, they have done some minor research and understands the quality of different wheels and tires according to their budget...

Anyhow... I only started this thread to share my new wheels set up and prefer to stick to the original topic.

I hope anyone out there who are shopping for wheels, stop by your local wheel shop and check out different set up... google pics of the wheels you like on your exactly car than compare....

I dont mean to offend anyone, just wanted to give my prespective, and lessons that I've learn from previous rim purchase.

The truth is that if anyone has major concern regarding reliability, I strongly suggest them to stick with OEM wheels and don't lower your car.... Wear and Tear are horrible on the CLS once you lower it.... (IMHO)

Last edited by newguycls55; 09-16-2008 at 01:45 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That's the vantage point so to speak. I don't want to blow 5K if I don't have to. So far, the Vossens look good. The Lexani's I have seen in person and have been able to look at the quality and I thought were pretty cool, and under my budget. I really liked the Lexani LSS-10 look, but if they are not good quality, then so be it. The have a SS lip that can be replaced in the event of damage, much mroe cost effective on replacement.

The Vossen gives me the look I want as well, the chrome and black.

I did not want the whole center black, as my car is black. It's no contrast to bring out the rims. IMO.

In regards to 1 or 3 piece I know the difference, and Von you made some very good points. So did my buddy with his Asanti's AF140's on his CLS55:

There are 3 piece, but he said it is expensive and time wise to get a replacement. Much less with a one piece, and a lot less implications. IMO.

I am still looking and doing research, but overall the Lexani LSS-10 has the look I want, that Vossen VVS083 is very close. I am getting prices on it Tuesday. Ben informed me to make sure whatever rim I get that they are hubcentric, and fit the offset.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Interesting reply, but I am not going to agree or disagree to keep this a natural conversation. but if anyone have a huge concern regarding the reliablility of their wheels, I strongly suggest them to purchase a 5th wheel. vibration, leaking problems, and 6 to 12 weeks building time arent exactly everyday issues, the same problem occur if you mistreat any wheels and drive wrecklessly, but bottom line you get what you pay for in reguards to quality and design.

You are absolutely correct, you can always spend less than your budget, but when someone mention a certain amount, I typically discuss brands and quality that are within the price ranges that are set by the individual

I been through many different type of wheels, 1,2 & 3 piece wheels... so in my opinion (IMHO) I 100% prefer 3 piece wheels... but that's just me. they seem to sit correctly and proper brake clearance. but I'm very picky..

Typically when someone said their budget is 5k, they have done some minor research and understands the quality of different wheels and tires according to their budget...

Anyhow... I only started this thread to share my new wheels set up and prefer to stick to the original topic.

I hope anyone out there who are shopping for wheels, stop by your local wheel shop and check out different set up... google pics of the wheels you like on your exactly car than compare....

I dont mean to offend anyone, just wanted to give my prespective, and lessons that I've learn from previous rim purchase.

The truth is that if anyone has major concern regarding reliability, I strongly suggest them to stick with OEM wheels and don't lower your car.... Wear and Tear are horrible on the CLS once you lower it.... (IMHO)

No, this is a good post and very informative. I don't think you offended anyone, if anything helped to give me some more insight and put the Vossen's in my head, another choice which fits the look I want as well. It is not a dead on look like I saw with the Lexani LSS-10's but may be a better choice. That's what the forum is for to discuss and help inform...

BTW- I am even thinking about lowering my CLS. It's fine like it is.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:34 AM

CLS55 AMG, FX45, GS300, Acura TL, Galant, Diamante,
oh yah? Let me know

Originally Posted by slang500
Way too much, ill do it for 150.00 a wheel in 3 days.
Im in O.C. and we paint wheels every day so let me know...

H.M.S. SlanG500

Hey ..can u leave me ur digitiz and location? I am located DT LA...so yeah i can go down to OC...but the thing is ..umm..i dun have my stock wheels..so i have to find a set to run on while you guys do your thing.
the 150/wheel includes dismounting the 3piece and painting and putting it back? let me know
Ed
Old 09-16-2008, 08:34 AM

No, this is a good post and very informative. I don't think you offended anyone, if anything helped to give me some more insight and put the Vossen's in my head, another choice which fits the look I want as well. It is not a dead on look like I saw with the Lexani LSS-10's but may be a better choice. That's what the forum is for to discuss and help inform...

BTW- I am even thinking about lowering my CLS. It's fine like it is.
Purchasing wheels is always fun... haha.. actually take some time and look at used wheels for sale by forum member. someone here is selling their lowenhart lsr at a very reasonable price, similiar to the picture you just posted with 3 spoke triangle look. but at the end of the day, dont worry about what everyone here suggest. if the Lexani LSS 10 make you excited, i think you should go for it.... always go for your number 1 choice, if you settle for other opinion, it will bug you out everytime you look at your car.... trust me... and understand that is just rims.. buy it, use it, than sell it, and buy new ones again....
Old 09-16-2008, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by pungburb1981
Hey ..can u leave me ur digitiz and location? I am located DT LA...so yeah i can go down to OC...but the thing is ..umm..i dun have my stock wheels..so i have to find a set to run on while you guys do your thing.
the 150/wheel includes dismounting the 3piece and painting and putting it back? let me know
Ed

his contact is.

http://www.harbormotorsports.com/contact.html

Phone 714-379-7770

13751 Beach Blvd.
Westminster, CA 92683

off the 22 freeway, exit beach..
Old 03-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Banned

Sport HSE
The rims are 20x9 and 20x11
I went with 255/30/20 Front and 305/25/20 Rear.
Not sure of the weight, but feels pretty light...

Any rubbing issues and how much is your car lowered. Im going with the VF-061's in the same size.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:44 PM

I had to rolled my fender. and my car is pretty slam. not sure how much I lowered by. maybe 2". but the top of my tire sits flush with the fender. roll the fender and you wont have any problem.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 SL55 2022 GLE350
wow, looks hot
Old 04-07-2009, 04:04 PM

CLS63
Can someone tell me what the name brand and wheel type etc.. the wheels are on the beginning of this thread. The black 5 spoke... ? thanks
Old 04-07-2009, 08:20 PM

&swiss-1. made by &swiss.

andswisswheels.com
Old 04-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
looks nice
Old 04-09-2009, 01:02 AM

just wait till what HMS are doing with my wheels.. I think I am sold into a complete make over in my car...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Couldn't stay stock for very long... install new wheels today !!!