Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
06 CLS 55 AMG NAV Radio PDF?

HI,

I just bought my CLS AMG.

When I first joined the forum…I was close to closing a deal on a SL55 (hence the screen name), but if fell thru and I came across the CLS (which works out better for me in the long run, due to a back seat)

It came w/o the owner’s manual (or any manual)
The dealer is working to get me a replacement (don't know how long that will take) The salesman wasn't exactly tech friendly, and the service dept seems to want to be compensated for newbie questions.

I've acquired a PDF of the owner’s manual...now, I need additional info on the Nav/Sat/Radio. I have the NAV/SAT/Radio/single CD and 6-CD setup…along with an IPOD adapter.

I have a telephone adapter in the console, but no actual cell to plug into it (guess the original owner kept that too!) I’m curious what it would take to get it working again, or perhaps get a Bluetooth setup.

Specifically, quickly jumping to/keying in the Sirius stations
Setting up the NAV, ending route guidance…does the radio support the song names (if the station supplies the station ID, song name)? I’ve figured out the Message Center for MP3’s and IPOD adapter (or at least I’m fairly confident)

I don't know if there were other manuals originally, but it would be nice to know if there were.

06 Barolo Red, Cashmere

TIA
Old 10-28-2008, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
Lots of fun and enjoyment ahead. Lets see some pics.

As far as the NAV it sucks compared to other cars. It's easy to use if you like doing things the hard way. Still figuring out how it can recognize the city your in for address input without inputing the city info first. Not good for MB when the car is $100k+.

You should have negotiated all the manuals in the sales price or else they seem to forgot you after the check clears the bank. If you purchased from an MB dealer they should have some spares on hand. Hopefully you got a good deal in this economy.

Enjoy.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 CLS55 AMG President Edition
You can call MB of North America at 1-800-FOR-MERC (1800-367-6372) and there you can order the original manuals that came with the car and they are actually pretty cheap and they will even ship them to your house so you don't have to go the MB dealer. It's great..give it a shot.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:20 PM

CLS55 AMG
Yes, I have a written "IOU" for the manuals.

I tried to setup an "online" account with MB...but it fails, as I am not the "registered owner" in their database.

As for photos, I have a couple of cell phone shots, but if the weather holds out this week...I'll shoot some stills this we.

I found a generic FAQ on one of the other models...I will probably have it mostly figured out before <if> I get my manuals.

Thanks for the heads up and help.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:54 PM

CLS55 AMG
New Problems

Thx for your help and info...I did "finally" get my owners manuals from the dealer (but not all of them...I'll send off for them)

My new concern is I have less than 1k miles since I took the AMG into my local dealer and had it "checked over"...which was late last fall. Spring is here and it's time for a little spring cleaning.

The dealer told me I had a cracked RF rim...OK, I lost quite a bit of air over the winter in that tire.

Sooooooooo....off came the wheels and tires...honestly, this car came in off a lease, and I don't think it was anyone's here on MBWorld filthy. The barrels of the rims had a thick coat of <crud> and the calipers were actually a silver color when I finished. Oh, well...back to my new concerns.

The RF WAS cracked...and the LF tire is down just about past the wires on the inner side. HITH can a dealer miss that!

I assume it is an alignment concern...or the previous owner drove it with "no" air pressure in it. Already, plunked down the wad of cash for a new wheel and 2 new front tires.

Anyone's best guess what caused this...and what else should I let the tech know when the parts come in...besides perhaps a 4 wheel alignment and road force balanced tires???

...and the less than stellar cell phone shots of it all... Thx

I have a long way to go, to catch up with the rest of this crew...let the mods begin (keeping the stock rims and tires for now...I'm thinking <under the hood mods>)