C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Yet another Bluetooth Phone Book problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet another Bluetooth Phone Book problem

I just bought a new 2008 CLS63 and installed the MHI Bluetooth adapter in the armrest. My Blackberry 8100 Curve paired perfectly, but my phonebook will not load, no matter what. I even created a hotlist with only 10 entries and that won't load either. I know the phone is on the approved list, and is running the correct software. I've tried most of the tricks proposed by others, but nothing works.
I have two questions:
(1) is it possible that Blackberry has a block on phone book transfers, and if so, is there a work-around?
(2) If i just want to create a simple address book for the COMAND in my car (and not use my Blackberry's list), can I do so?
Old 11-15-2008, 10:23 PM

06 CLS55 AMG
I have a Sprint 8330 curve and my pb transfers no problem, i also previously had the pearl 8130 and that worked too. I know that blackberry has updates to the phone rom, give that a try first. current one in sprint (options/about)
V4.3.0.127 (platform 3.1.0.73)

Then after you pair it check the properties of the MB Phonesystem make sure it says yes for trusted device and that it has these three services

Hands free unit
Headset
OBEX Object push

let me know.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:55 AM

Thanks Jocampo,
I did check and it has all those properties--still nothing doing. BTW, the COMAND screen shows no phonebook, redial or received tabs, but I can dial out and receive calls....
Old 11-16-2008, 12:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
07 CLS63 | 06 SLK350
I had a pearl, tmobile 8320 and now a sprint 8330 and they've all paired perfectly with my cls63, phonebook et al...

hey joecampo, is there any phone that supports SMS via the screen ?

i see the SMS button on the screen but its faded out
Old 11-16-2008, 09:11 PM

06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by johng
Thanks Jocampo,
I did check and it has all those properties--still nothing doing. BTW, the COMAND screen shows no phonebook, redial or received tabs, but I can dial out and receive calls....
Hmm...

How about the upgrade rom? what cellular service do you have?
strange!

also check what "puck" you have i did hear they had 2 different versions of them. ( think the model number separated them apart) as for what was different about them i dont know. but check that out too...if all else fails id go to the dealerand see if they have any fixes or comand updates you can do ?!? see waht they say. it shouldnt cost you anything.

Last edited by Jocampo; 11-16-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:13 PM

06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by blackcls63
I had a pearl, tmobile 8320 and now a sprint 8330 and they've all paired perfectly with my cls63, phonebook et al...

hey joecampo, is there any phone that supports SMS via the screen ?

i see the SMS button on the screen but its faded out
Ive been trying to find out info on that too! wouldnt that be cool to read the sms messages in the cluster as a new message or on the comand screen... but no luck. i recall an old post about that, but with no specific results and/or info on it. if i find anything out ill let you know.