C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

What is the average cost to replace one of my inner barrel of my 3 piece wheels.. 20"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
:)
What is the average cost to replace one of my inner barrel of my 3 piece wheels.. 20"

There's been some serious road construction here in my area, and even the toll road (hwy) have some area where they stop the new pavement and have a bump on the old pavement, everytime I go by approx 65 MPH, i hear a bump.. and I notice my wheels making awkward noises... I realized that one of my front wheel inner barrel is bent....

I plan on taking to a local shop to get it replace or repair... what cost should I be expecting to pay? please advise....
Old 11-17-2008, 11:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
07 CLS63 | 06 SLK350
The inner barrel of my 20" rim was bad when I bought them, was fixed really bad by TWS, I was told.

I took it to F1 Motorsports in north hollywood. They sort of cheated me, by first telling me they were sending it to HRE, then later saying they "found" an HRE barrel lying around.

HRE HQ quoted 225 for a new barrel + 100 labor (total 325)

However, you have to take it to HRE or ship it. (potentially take 1-2 weeks turnaround)

F1 motorsports had an HRE barrel leftover from someone else' car and charged me $400 total. His explanation was that the short turnaround time was the extra $$.

At the end of the day, I didn't want to squabble over $75 , but they ain't never getting my business again.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:43 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
If the bend is fixable, then i would say to check paying around $150, if the inner needs to be replaced that will depend on the manufacture.

if you don't mind me asking, who made the wheels that are on your CLS? and where are you located. I'll see if I have a contact that can help you.

James
Old 11-18-2008, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
:)
Originally Posted by James@ACGSD
If the bend is fixable, then i would say to check paying around $150, if the inner needs to be replaced that will depend on the manufacture.

if you don't mind me asking, who made the wheels that are on your CLS? and where are you located. I'll see if I have a contact that can help you.

James
James.

My wheels were made by &swiss. 3 piece. I can see a bend in the outer inner lip, and at high speed, the car is vibrating... how do I determine if is fixable or not ?
I am located in So Cal. Irvine