C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

NEED HELP!! PLEASE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 05:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG, FX45, GS300, Acura TL, Galant, Diamante,
NEED HELP!! PLEASE

Hi people..need some help here...okay here's the problem...i left my lights on the other day, and the car went out of battery..after jumpstarting the car...it says "low battery, convenience or dynamic whatever wil not work for now" something like that...and yeah this happened b4 once already and everything goes back to normal after the battery is charged for a while...but yesterday, everythiing seeems to be fine except for the STEERING WHEEL functions..like the volume etc..just all the buttons on the steering wheel and the gear shift at the back of the steering wheel wuld not function...does anyone know why ? or is it because it's not fully charged yet so the function is still disabled? please help if anyone knows..
Old 11-24-2008, 09:45 AM

CLS55
drive it around and once its all charged, it may be fine.

when its not charged fully, there are several functions that will not work.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:30 AM

thanx~

thanx for the tip..i was wondering if that could be the problem...maybe this time the battery reallly drained cuz it took longer for it to actually start..well i'll wait and see....but thanx for the tip
Old 11-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Almost a Member!

2006 CLS55 AMG President Edition
As long as the car is still under warranty, Mercedes Roadside Assist. will come and replace the battery for free...Try it.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:58 PM

06 CLS55 AMG
From what i was told . there is 2 batteries in the car, one in the trunk (large battery)and one in the engine compartment (small) for the accessories stuff.

i garaged my car for a month and put it on a battery tender/maintainer which charged the battery thru the cigarette lighter. when i went to start the car it wouldnt start. so i had to jump it and had to get a different charger (with the clamps) for the benz. after another month i had the battery tested and it was about 975 cca. no problems ever since.

i didnt want to have the trunk open to charge the car, id rather use the cig lighter and leave the window open a bit. but whatever works.

Last edited by Jocampo; 11-24-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:06 PM

I heard from a pro ...or claims to be a pro to tell me to disconnect both batteries..and then reconnect them..once i do that..start the engine, turn the steering wheel all the way to left...then all the way to right...then back to middle.that should start up the steering wheel funtion or reset stuff again ..ever heard of that?