C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

NEED FEEDBACK ON 2 CLS 55! THINKING OF BUYING?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 12:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 CLS550 4MATIC MATTE WHITE / CLASSIC RED
NEED FEEDBACK ON which out of the 2 CLS 55 to buy!

HEY GUYS,
Since the auto market is down, found 2 CLS 55 in my price range.

1st cls 55 blk/blk 25,000 miles @ $40,900
fully loaded with keyless go, parktronic, lighting package, ipod kit and full factory warranty.

very clean car non smoker and carfax certified,
Distance is about 240 miles from my location.

2nd cls 55 white/ blk 45,000 miles @ $41,800
has same option above PLUS 030 AMG performance package.
Distance is about 1340 miles from my location.

So I heard so much about the AMG performance option on the forum,
just need your feed back on both cars.

regards
jey

Last edited by JEYVILLE; 12-15-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:15 AM

2003 cl55 (sold)
Originally Posted by redcls55
HEY GUYS,
Since the auto market is down, found 2 CLS 55 in my price range.

1st cls 55 blk/blk $25,000 miles @ $40,900
fully loaded with keyless go, parktronic, lighting package, ipod kit and full factory warranty.

very clean car non smoker and carfax certified,
Distance is about 240 miles from my location.

2nd cls 55 white/ blk 45,000 miles @ $41,800
has same option above PLUS 030 AMG performance package.
Distance is about 1340 miles from my location.

So I heard so much about the AMG performance option on the forum,
just need your feed back on both cars.

regards
jey
well the first car is a cls55 also so........ i don't know what your asking..... seems like both cars are AMG..... Any "CLS55" is an AMG unless you meant "CLS550" on the first car..... If they are both AMGs, of course, look at the lesser mile one first.... If you did mistype or I'm not understanding you're question..... the difference between AMG and non-AMG is night and day...... drive one if you don't believe me..... but the fact that you're asking what the difference is tells me that speed/performance may not be as necessary to you as it is to me...... personally I think AMGs are the s**t and now I'm completely spoiled and I love being spoiled. When I drive it is not just to get from point A to B..... I love and enjoy driving my car. When I first test drove mine, I instantly fell in love..... so after all that my advice is don't listen to anything I'm saying..... go test drive one at your local dealer..... if you love it, you'll get one.... and if you don't...... well, what's wrong with you? JK..... good luck and get the AMG
Old 12-14-2008, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by jicl55
well the first car is a cls55 also so........ i don't know what your asking..... seems like both cars are AMG..... Any "CLS55" is an AMG unless you meant "CLS550" on the first car..... If they are both AMGs, of course, look at the lesser mile one first.... If you did mistype or I'm not understanding you're question..... the difference between AMG and non-AMG is night and day...... drive one if you don't believe me..... but the fact that you're asking what the difference is tells me that speed/performance may not be as necessary to you as it is to me...... personally I think AMGs are the s**t and now I'm completely spoiled and I love being spoiled. When I drive it is not just to get from point A to B..... I love and enjoy driving my car. When I first test drove mine, I instantly fell in love..... so after all that my advice is don't listen to anything I'm saying..... go test drive one at your local dealer..... if you love it, you'll get one.... and if you don't...... well, what's wrong with you? JK..... good luck and get the AMG
both are CLS 55,
but one has the 030 performance package!
Old 12-14-2008, 01:24 AM

2003 cl55 (sold)
how does that differ from a regular AMG? Sorry.... am not knowing..... looks like additional limited slip differential and suspension upgrades? Different wheels/rims also? I think it would be worth getting just for the limited slip alone...... check this out... they sure seem to like it.... Wow, learn something new everyday..... wish I had a limited slip diff..... think it would improve the handling tremendously:
https://mbworld.org/forums/cls55-amg...ard-cls55.html

Last edited by jicl55; 12-14-2008 at 01:33 AM.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by jicl55
how does that differ from a regular AMG? Sorry.... am not knowing..... looks like additional limited slip differential and suspension upgrades? Different wheels/rims also? I think it would be worth getting just for the limited slip alone...... check this out... they sure seem to like it.... Wow, learn something new everyday..... wish I had a limited slip diff..... think it would improve the handling tremendously:
https://mbworld.org/forums/cls55-amg...ard-cls55.html
its a 20,000 mile different from the blk cls55 toward the white cls55 with AMG performance package!
Old 12-14-2008, 02:10 AM

2003 cl55 (sold)
Originally Posted by redcls55
its a 20,000 mile different from the blk cls55 toward the white cls55 with AMG performance package!
I'd get the one with 20k miles less.... and if you want a limited slip, I know for my car they offer them for about $2000..... and that's worth the difference in mileage to me at least.... I'd look at the one with 25k miles first definitely.... and you wouldn't have to travel across the country either looks like.... Would be an improvement, I'm sure, but unless you're taking the car to the track probably not worth it.... my 2 cents for what its worth.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:14 AM

Thanks man!