Did some Pocket Dyno (iPhone app) runs last night

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 02:16 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Might give it a shot my self actuly using this application on an ipod.

As we do not have 1/4 strips here. It will be on a normal road also hmmm

tasks to do:
  • find nice clean road
  • find mates ipod and borrow it
  • try not to die when giving it the old heev hoo in first

question how do you keep the ipod form moving if you, well burning rubber. actuly i have euro spec n no cup holder, so i can place it in the flip up try thing (where you cub holders are us modle) and use some soft materials to hold it in place

I always laughed when i heard people saying yes go from a dig you will rape so and so car....yeah right show me how you do it on normal roads with out really good tires + width and driver skill, not easy if you mash it at all)

Last edited by Zod; 01-26-2009 at 02:34 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Zod
Might give it a shot my self actuly using this application on an ipod.
Just make sure you calibrate the unit very carefully, such that it's not only level to the ground but also perfectly perpendicular to it (I used a counter that I checked for level).

[QUOTE=Zod;3298333]As we do not have 1/4 strips here. It will be on a normal road also hmmm

tasks to do:
  • find nice clean road
  • find mates ipod and borrow it
  • try not to die when giving it the old heev hoo in first

Originally Posted by Zod
question how do you keep the ipod form moving if you, well burning rubber. actuly i have euro spec n no cup holder, so i can place it in the flip up try thing (where you cub holders are us modle) and use some soft materials to hold it in place
Yeah, I used the cup holder: if you wedge it in there tightly (kind of off-angle), with the top of the phone leaning backwards towards the rear of the car, it seems to be difficult to move. If you don't have one, you may have to fashion some sort of mount.

Originally Posted by Zod
I always laughed when i heard people saying yes go from a dig you will rape so and so car....yeah right show me how you do it on normal roads with out really good tires + width and driver skill, not easy if you mash it at all)
Yeah, this thing is a bear to get out of the hole. It was 53 degrees when I did those runs, and so I didn't even bother turning the traction control off. Once it warms up, I'll try some more, but imo this thing would be stronger at rolling-start for most drivers (although some of our resident 60' gods can certainly get these things out of the hole with great skill!).
Old 01-27-2009, 02:58 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Yeah, this thing is a bear to get out of the hole. It was 53 degrees when I did those runs, and so I didn't even bother turning the traction control off. Once it warms up, I'll try some more, but imo this thing would be stronger at rolling-start for most drivers (although some of our resident 60' gods can certainly get these things out of the hole with great skill!).
true true, but its on the track with glue for roads and tires to boot, but some manage on stock tires

normal raods is a differrent ball game...and thats where & why i roll :P
Old 01-27-2009, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Zod
true true, but its on the track with glue for roads and tires to boot, but some manage on stock tires

normal raods is a differrent ball game...and thats where & why i roll :P
Definitely...althouth even there, cold weather is a killer...even with the 030's limited slip, if I nail it below 45-50, the rear end breaks loose before traction control catches it!
Old 01-28-2009, 05:44 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by Improviz
Definitely...althouth even there, cold weather is a killer...even with the 030's limited slip, if I nail it below 45-50, the rear end breaks loose before traction control catches it!
let me give you a little insight

little tinkering will make it jump lanes... its soo bad

1rst into 2nd you will go one way then it will throw you the other way and i mean throw (this is with full throttel of course)

Last edited by Zod; 01-28-2009 at 06:56 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Zod
let me give you a little insight

little tinkering will make it jump lanes... its soo bad

1rst into 2nd you will go one way then it will throw you the other way and i mean throw (this is with full throttel of course)
Yeah, I'm well aware of the mod potential, but normally I don't mod my vehicles...although I've gotta admit, it's tempting with this thing.