C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Please recommed Paint shop in SoCal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 01:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
:)
Please recommed Paint shop in SoCal

My CLS55 has been the same way for almost 2 years now.. and I plan on keep it since there's no payment for it... I plan on painting the entire car and redoing my interior... Can someone recommend me a reputable body shop in SoCal that can do a clean paint job.. also interior as well.

What price should i be looking at to paint my entire black CLS to White?
Old 01-25-2009, 08:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 black opal
also depends on how "white" you want the car. doing a full paint conversion is going to be a lot of work since they have to pull all panels to get all the door jams etc.

I go to F1 in north hollywood for everything. they've always done super high-end lambo's/ferraris, so i trust them to do anything for my car. the stereo guy is top notch. overall legit and straightforward
Old 01-25-2009, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by newguycls55
My CLS55 has been the same way for almost 2 years now.. and I plan on keep it since there's no payment for it... I plan on painting the entire car and redoing my interior... Can someone recommend me a reputable body shop in SoCal that can do a clean paint job.. also interior as well.

What price should i be looking at to paint my entire black CLS to White?
Honestly, it would probably cost you more than just trading it in (and would definitely cost you more than selling it outright at private party) and purchasing a white one in good condition, particularly when you factor in the resale hit from having it painted, particularly painted in a different color.

It's easy to detect paint work, and usually buyers shy away from painted cars if they know (and in this case a simple carfax check would tell them).

Ymmv, but I'd recommend a different course of action.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:30 AM

2006 CLS55 AMG
Sell your Black one and buy a White one. No question!!Or you will be sorry, no matter how good the shop.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by Improviz
Honestly, it would probably cost you more than just trading it in (and would definitely cost you more than selling it outright at private party) and purchasing a white one in good condition, particularly when you factor in the resale hit from having it painted, particularly painted in a different color.

It's easy to detect paint work, and usually buyers shy away from painted cars if they know (and in this case a simple carfax check would tell them).

Ymmv, but I'd recommend a different course of action.
Car fax wont tell you a thing. Painting a car does not = a issue for car fax. I have had cars painted in areas and some were hit in small rear end accidents and carfax never showed a thing. It hows theft, major bumps with frame damage, salvage title, and flood titles.

As for changing the color that is a terrible idea. It wont be correct ever and you will have decreased value since the car does not match the color with its vin.

How bad can your paint be? A real detail might be all you are looking for.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:44 PM

:)
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Car fax wont tell you a thing. Painting a car does not = a issue for car fax. I have had cars painted in areas and some were hit in small rear end accidents and carfax never showed a thing. It hows theft, major bumps with frame damage, salvage title, and flood titles.

As for changing the color that is a terrible idea. It wont be correct ever and you will have decreased value since the car does not match the color with its vin.

the paint is not bad at all.. just wanted a drastic change.. but from reading everything here, I am telling myself no now.. perhaps time for some Stage 1 and 2 upgrade.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Car fax wont tell you a thing.
As far as I recall, it will tell you the color of the car, which is what I'm talking about: if he paints the car a different color and someone looks at a carfax which says that the car is not that color, then it would tell you plenty.

Painting a car does not = a issue for car fax.
No, it will not show specifically that it's been painted, but again, I'm talking about it showing the color.

I have had cars painted in areas and some were hit in small rear end accidents and carfax never showed a thing. It hows theft, major bumps with frame damage, salvage title, and flood titles.
It also shows police accident reports, regardless of the size of the damage, and I've also seen cases where accidents were in a car's database without frame damage....it's really just dependent upon what they can unearth.

Yup.