C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Question for those with CF front lip spoiler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 01:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Question for those with CF front lip spoiler

I really want to get the Euroteck carbon fiber front lip spoiler, but I am concerned because I already scrape quite often on the bottom of my front bumper in steep driveways. For those that have front lip spoilers, do you scrape them often? If not, how do you avoid, by raising car using airmatic button? Finally, how thick is your lip at the middle of the bumper?

I had my CLS55 lowered at the dealer using links I think they said, but not sure.

Thanks for you help in advance
Old 02-06-2009, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just raise the ride height or better yet park a few inches away from the parking lot stop, you can use the reflection on the car next to you to judge distance. I have attached a few pics so you'll get a general idea of how low you will be.
Attached Thumbnails Question for those with CF front lip spoiler-sdc11096.jpg  
Old 02-06-2009, 10:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG w/PP030
Hi guys. Installed my EuroTeck CF Lip yesterday. Noticed 2 things that i want to share:

1) DO NOT install the piece in sub freezing temperature. Yesterday it was 25 Deg F here and all the stress on the part makes the clearcoat crack!
2) The part is a bit big from side to side. If you align it with one side, it is about an 1 1/2" wider than the bumper on the other. If you start screwing it in from the aligned side, by the time you end up atthe other you are left with about a 1/2 " inch gap. I would recommend you start from the middle (front of car) while having the gap divided to both sides. a 3/4 " gap on each side will be filled when you screw it in.

I wish someone had posted something about this before!
Old 02-06-2009, 09:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cls 55
So which one is better euroteck or eurorev?