CLS55 AMG air intake's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 07:07 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sport HSE
CLS55 AMG air intake's

Has anyone seen or tried this intake system here is a link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 04-05-2009, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cls 55 or FIAT Coupe T20v-6speed
Originally Posted by A Robinson
Has anyone seen or tried this intake system here is a link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...QQcmdZViewItem

I tell you what I replied when a quite identic style was offered to me one and a half years ago:

1 - our compressor engine is higly sensitive to IAT level and we don't need to suck hot air from inside the engine bay
2- what's the reason for giving up to the forced airflow allowed by our stock airbox design ?
Old 04-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Banned

Sport HSE
Originally Posted by dyno
2- what's the reason for giving up to the forced airflow allowed by our stock airbox design ?
Velocity and volume. I plan on doing a heat exchanger as well. Typically RAM air systems have no effect on forced induction applications. aftermarket carbon fiber air tubes are almost $700. If this system offer's similar gains for $200 its worth a look.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Velocity and volume. I plan on doing a heat exchanger as well. Typically RAM air systems have no effect on forced induction applications. aftermarket carbon fiber air tubes are almost $700. If this system offer's similar gains for $200 its worth a look.
if volume (capacity) is bigger , Velocity is less for sure ..

what would be interesting (to me ! ) is to have our stock front openings made wider
Old 04-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Banned

Sport HSE
Originally Posted by dyno
if volume (capacity) is bigger , Velocity is less for sure ..

what would be interesting (to me ! ) is to have our stock front openings made wider
My thoughts are with a pulley "added velocity" one would want larger diameter inlets that are the least restrictive as possible.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My thoughts are with a pulley "added velocity" one would want larger diameter inlets that are the least restrictive as possible.

yes, this is what I will maybe do one day ... at the front inlets
and I will try to make a bigger air filter box instead ... just to avoid any fatigue to our twin screws
Old 04-05-2009, 12:09 PM

:)
there are couple of different things people have try and it works. replace our plastic air tube with the ones on SL55 AMG. their opening seems to be bigger and is a perfect fit.
and also. for some reason, alot of the products i see out there advertise fitment for CLS55, but they never use our engine or body picture?
so I always wonder if this product fits a CLS55.. haha.. as you can see with link above, is not a CLS55 engine. so i would not recommended that.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by newguycls55
there are couple of different things people have try and it works. replace our plastic air tube with the ones on SL55 AMG. their opening seems to be bigger and is a perfect fit.
.. yes, I wanted to make that but I looked at it more in detail and found out it's no sense because the hole in the radiator where the tube fits into ... remains our smaller one

and also. for some reason, alot of the products i see out there advertise fitment for CLS55, but they never use our engine or body picture?
so I always wonder if this product fits a CLS55.. haha.. as you can see with link above, is not a CLS55 engine. so i would not recommended that.
no problem with fitting .. simply because its not intended for fitting on both ends but only into the filter box