C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Lynch Mob mentality and 360 forged...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL600
WTF!!!!????^^
Old 06-07-2009, 08:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cls55 AMG
dont do it !! I live in S Florida and have bought over time 3 sets of wheels from Jordan and only the first set for my CLS55 were ok the rest the quality is really bad. Now Jordan was a good friend of mine and we used to race our cars and get them Tunned together and he had no problem screwing with me. Unless he has paid the actual manufacture of the wheels off and has started with them new I would not mess with the wheels as the quality is really poor and I have nothing to gain from putting them down. Local or not even if you get your wheels they wont last.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by Andy0331
Here are some of my thoughts about this. I "encouraged" the lynch mob by posting PUBLIC RECORDS and added my comments to how businesses tend to get into these problems. The thing is, this "lynch mob" is able to see obvious financial problems on 360's part & then the actual victims of 360 have had to deal with attempting to get their money back or have the wrong/substandard/incorrect wheels replaced. If this "lynch mob" saves someone else from blindly dropping $5k on a set of wheels that they might not see in a reasonable time frame, I think it's a good thing. It's fair to let them see what's happening behind all the fancy photo shoots & videos that are selling the products.

Who sank 360 Forged? Ultimately, the business owner is responsible; this wasn't some malicious competitor out to make them look bad, as Jordan claims. I'm sure there are some competitors that are happy he's having problems, but they can't affect how quickly 360 can crank out a set of wheels, nor does a competitor have control over the quality (since they are supposedly all done in house now), .

As a business owner myself, I wonder why he didn't refund customers money and instead told them to dispute the charges? That's a real quick way to get your merchant account closed. The only answer that makes sense is that 360 Forged did not have the money to return to the customer. Where the money went is the subject of speculation, but if a large percentage of your orders are done via credit cards, it's probably a good idea to be able to accept them.

Of course you also have actual evidence of them changing the corporate name, as well as creating a DBA/fictitious name. Again, I'm only speculating at this point, but most likely that is happening to open a new merchant account with a different tax ID. Tell me why some customers paid a deposit to 360 Forged, then paid the balance to System Forged?

The other main reason is to "re-brand" the wheels & start over; it allows the product to reach a "new" customer who doesn't know anything about any problems with the last business. The customers who were burned in the past won't fall for it, but there are plenty of new ones out there who will like the product & purchase. What happens then is really up for grabs; who knows what type of business they will be in the future?
My feelings exactly, no need to add anymore.

What happened with all the customers that had problems with 360? I have not seen a status saying they were all taken care of.

What happened with Beatus? Did he ever get the rims?
Old 06-14-2009, 04:57 PM

CLS55 & CL CK60
I went down to their shop and saw Jordan and met Alain. I wont say everything was smooth sailing but in the end ultimately I got my wheels and all is well. They look amazing and the quality appears to be good. COR manufactured the wheels and I assume the contract is back in order between 360 and COR. Alain was a standup guy and definitely is cleaning up the mess. When I was there they had alot of wheels being shipped out and watched them do some of the finishing work and assembly of the rims.

Fortunately I live in South Fla and that might help. I also came in toward the end of their "issues" - I gave them money at the end of Feb and my wheels were completed in mid May so not exactly terrible as far as time goes. Alain seems to be an honorable guy and even after the transaction was finalized still returned my calls for a couple of question I had. They also made good on some basic compensation for problems I had.

All in all I will say they definitely had their issues and may continue to but seem to be trying to make good on what they got themselves into. The b.s. factor is commonplace here in south florida so I guess I am used to it. The wheel design is ridiculous and I had another company who I trust review their work and they gave me the thumbs up. I feel bad for the people who ultimately didnt have the same outcome but from what I can tell the intent is not malicious, maybe naive or inexperienced, but not malicious.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by beauphus
I went down to their shop and saw Jordan and met Alain. I wont say everything was smooth sailing but in the end ultimately I got my wheels and all is well. They look amazing and the quality appears to be good. COR manufactured the wheels and I assume the contract is back in order between 360 and COR. Alain was a standup guy and definitely is cleaning up the mess. When I was there they had alot of wheels being shipped out and watched them do some of the finishing work and assembly of the rims.

Fortunately I live in South Fla and that might help. I also came in toward the end of their "issues" - I gave them money at the end of Feb and my wheels were completed in mid May so not exactly terrible as far as time goes. Alain seems to be an honorable guy and even after the transaction was finalized still returned my calls for a couple of question I had. They also made good on some basic compensation for problems I had.

All in all I will say they definitely had their issues and may continue to but seem to be trying to make good on what they got themselves into. The b.s. factor is commonplace here in south florida so I guess I am used to it. The wheel design is ridiculous and I had another company who I trust review their work and they gave me the thumbs up. I feel bad for the people who ultimately didnt have the same outcome but from what I can tell the intent is not malicious, maybe naive or inexperienced, but not malicious.
Pics? We need pics of the rims, I am sure they look good.

On another note, these rims as you noted are made by COR. I wonder could you have got rims for less going direct to COR? Just a question...
Old 06-14-2009, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Originally Posted by bigben320e
Pics? We need pics of the rims, I am sure they look good.

On another note, these rims as you noted are made by COR. I wonder could you have got rims for less going direct to COR? Just a question...
I'd venture to say no. 360 contracts out COR to get their wheels done. If COR makes 360 wheels and sell them direct from under 360, that'd be some straight up legal drama.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by The Godfather
I'd venture to say no. 360 contracts out COR to get their wheels done. If COR makes 360 wheels and sell them direct from under 360, that'd be some straight up legal drama.
Not exactly the same rims but COR rims. Would they be cheaper than 360 rims? I should have made that clear earlier.

I still want to see pics of Beauphus car with the rims on it though.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:37 PM

CLS55 & CL CK60
i called COR and at one point they were willing to sell me the rims direct. seems like from what i remember they werent any cheaper. i was in love with the design so i had them as a backup if 360 didnt come through.

i called back a few weeks later to the same guy at COR and he said 360 was resolving their end of the contract so he could no longer sell them to me or anyone direct as it wouldve violated their contract. so as it turns out when the crap hit the fan and 360 defaulted on payments (i am assuming) they were willing to make 360 rims with COR center caps and once 360 (Alain) made good thy changed their tune on this. Alain also owns Modular Concept and i am assuming he mended the relationship between 360 and COR.

In any event the barrels and lugs ALL say COR. from what i can tell alot of these companies design and finish the wheels and sub out most if not all the manufacturing of the actuals parts - and even the paint work/powdercoating is subbed out as well...

i have learned more than i care to know about this process
Old 06-14-2009, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Just buy HRE instead. I live in Australia and they wheels were custom made to my requirements and ON MY CAR IN 3 WEEKS!!

They are the best
Old 06-15-2009, 07:12 PM

CLS55 plus a few Ducati's
Exactly .... why even take the risk of buying from 360 when there are so many other good options out there. You'd have to be nuts to knowingly risk $thousands
Old 06-15-2009, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Forget all that, where are the pics?
Old 06-15-2009, 10:53 PM

CLS55 & CL CK60
let me clean it first. here is all i have for now...taken with my iphone without being cleaned.
Attached Thumbnails Lynch Mob mentality and 360 forged...-img_0050.jpg   Lynch Mob mentality and 360 forged...-img_0051.jpg   Lynch Mob mentality and 360 forged...-img_0052.jpg  

Last edited by beauphus; 06-15-2009 at 10:56 PM. Reason: added more details
Old 12-23-2009, 11:11 AM

Prius; 2010 E350 Coupe P2, Appearance Package
If people choose to disregard the experiences of other members and still wish to throw money at 360.... they were warned and can't really say anything if their outcome is less than expected. We all work hard for our money and get to vote with our checkbooks. Caveat Emptor!