C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

1st time owner - renntech cls63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls63
1st time owner - renntech cls63

Just wanted to say that I have been thoroughly enjoying my new CLS63. Other than a convertable I bought for my wife, this is the 1st real experience I've had with AMG and Renntech.

I wanted to see if anyone had some performance suggestions for me. As far as I know, the car has the following renntech products: headers, mufflers, ecu, tcu, camber/toe links, and lowering module.

I learned of the carbon filter delete from your many fine posts. Thanks to any of you who may have any additional ideas, and also thanks for all of the reading material. I've had a wonderful time learning more about this car and the pride you owners take in your vehicles.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:38 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by cmergonoto
how fast is the car?0-60mph?

sorry have not heard that in a while
Old 05-05-2009, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by spookie22
Just wanted to say that I have been thoroughly enjoying my new CLS63. Other than a convertable I bought for my wife, this is the 1st real experience I've had with AMG and Renntech.

I wanted to see if anyone had some performance suggestions for me. As far as I know, the car has the following renntech products: headers, mufflers, ecu, tcu, camber/toe links, and lowering module.

I learned of the carbon filter delete from your many fine posts. Thanks to any of you who may have any additional ideas, and also thanks for all of the reading material. I've had a wonderful time learning more about this car and the pride you owners take in your vehicles.

Best bamg for the buck is a set of 20 lb rims.

The lighter the rimset the faster she will become and you will feel it. also , it may seem silly but the non amg sprint booster makes the cars throttle response quicker. Driving aggressive actually helps keep the vehicle performance high. Obviously follow the law, but do not keep it in Drive comfort for very long
Old 05-05-2009, 12:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 black opal
camber/toe links? I thought I read somewhere else someone mentioning that it wasn't possible? Anyone who knows the details know how they are? tires otherwise take a beating.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:42 AM

cls63
Thanks Juicy. I'm looking into rims as we speak. Any brand suggestions would be welcomed. I have a friend (below) who is going to let me borrow his 19" Renntech Monolites - truthfully, they are nice but not my favorite look.

As far as the 0-60, I haven't timed the car. But it's definitely quicker than my modified e46 M3. Likewise the tires can spin even at 30 mph when I floor it. Later this May, I'm meeting some friends to do some light racing and time measurements. One buddy is taking delivery of a Renntech SL600 tomorrow, while another buddy bought a used SL55 last month. For all 3 of us, this is our first real Mercedes experience.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
Originally Posted by azncarjunkie
camber/toe links? I thought I read somewhere else someone mentioning that it wasn't possible? Anyone who knows the details know how they are? tires otherwise take a beating.
The toe links are for the rear, to correct the wiggle during hard acceleration, and rear camber.

currently there is no solution to the camber issue up front
Old 05-06-2009, 10:50 AM

cls63
azncarjunkie - motorwerks of houston did my camber/toe links (although I was not the owner of the vehicle at the time). I can tell the wheels are staggered outward, and the seller told me to not expect as much tread life. Fortunately, I only drive this car for fun and the tire life is not critical (thank god as they are almost as expensive as the mortgage on my first home).

Also, although I feel like a jack___, I never paid much attention to the impact of the camber setup I have on my M3. Tires last almost 20k miles, but they always wear out on the inside. I knew about the camber setup but never put 2 and 2 together. The guy at the tire place didn't catch on either...
Old 05-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR

We have done the above to our project CLS as well, you'll find him here his name is RARfinancial.

Other things that you can add are;
1.) RENNtech sound pipes, we'll have a used set available for sale if you are interested, these will remove your secondary cats
2.) RENNtech airbox, those will be in stock in a week
3.) We can install the RENNTech block which will allow you to data log and check fault codes.
4.) Long tubes for the CLS63/E63 will be available in 1-3 weeks.

the Only other thing that is available currently for performance mods is a nice bottle of nitrous in the trunk let me know if you are interested in this setup as well, as our CLS has it installed.

Let me know which wheels you are looking at, or if there is a design that you like so that I can provide you with some suggestions.

James

Last edited by James@ACG; 05-06-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by James@ACGSD
We have done the above to our project CLS as well, you'll find him here his name is RARfinancial.

Other things that you can add are;
1.) RENNtech sound pipes, we'll have a used set available for sale if you are interested, these will remove your secondary cats
2.) RENNtech airbox, those will be in stock in a week
3.) We can install the RENNTech block which will allow you to data log and check fault codes.
4.) Long tubes for the CLS63/E63 will be available in 1-3 weeks.

the Only other thing that is available currently for performance mods is a nice bottle of nitrous in the trunk let me know if you are interested in this setup as well, as our CLS has it installed.

Let me know which wheels you are looking at, or if there is a design that you like so that I can provide you with some suggestions.

James
What can we do to get my car back on top? two bottles?
Old 05-13-2009, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
azncarjunkie - motorwerks of houston did my camber/toe links (although I was not the owner of the vehicle at the time). I can tell the wheels are staggered outward, and the seller told me to not expect as much tread life. Fortunately, I only drive this car for fun and the tire life is not critical (thank god as they are almost as expensive as the mortgage on my first home).

Also, although I feel like a jack___, I never paid much attention to the impact of the camber setup I have on my M3. Tires last almost 20k miles, but they always wear out on the inside. I knew about the camber setup but never put 2 and 2 together. The guy at the tire place didn't catch on either...
spookie,

i did all the work on that cls63. Awesome car. I also installed a lot of european options on it. I am sure you will be happy with it.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:19 PM

cls63
Hi Sunil

Right after I bought the car this March, I joined the forum and read almost every CLS post I could find. I discovered that it was the same car you mentioned back in 07 (the folding mirrors and the rear heated seats gave it away). Let me just say I have been totally thrilled with your work. Everything you did was top notch. The car still looks brand new, although it is approaching 10k miles.

Should I need aftermarket work on another Mercedes, I'll definitely be bringing it to you. Take care.