C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Hello everybody

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everybody

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm the proud new owner of a 2006 Black CLS55 with about 22,000 kilometers (vancouver, bc). The car's original warranty runs out this june and I wanted to make sure everything was in perfect order before I'm "on my own"

What sort of stuff should I look out for? The car is practically brand new and feels brand new. But is there anything that I should try to get taken care of now before it's too late? One thing I do notice is that the steering wheel doesn't stiffen up at highway speeds. Is this normal? My RS4 steering wheel gets pretty tight at higher speeds...

Anyway, I'm very excited and hope to keep her for a long time to come. Any advice is much appreciated!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by wankeldude
I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm the proud new owner of a 2006 Black CLS55 with about 22,000 kilometers (vancouver, bc). The car's original warranty runs out this june and I wanted to make sure everything was in perfect order before I'm "on my own"

What sort of stuff should I look out for? The car is practically brand new and feels brand new. But is there anything that I should try to get taken care of now before it's too late? One thing I do notice is that the steering wheel doesn't stiffen up at highway speeds. Is this normal? My RS4 steering wheel gets pretty tight at higher speeds...

Anyway, I'm very excited and hope to keep her for a long time to come. Any advice is much appreciated!

Check all your belts, pumps, listen for squeels , make certail all electronics are functioning, use the steering wheel to scroll through all the settings , features etc. Check your trunl , battery cables(voltage). Alignment, brakes, oil.

Most of the wear on youyr car is from the super charger engagement. Check the E55 forum for advice on the pump and maybe upgrading to a larger heat exchanger once your warranty is gone.

CONGRATS, pictures?
Old 05-05-2009, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
grats on the car! its nice to see another fellow cls55 owner in the vancouver, bc area!

i know that my steering wheel tightens up at hwy speeds. u might want to check on that for your car. also make sure the cooling pump is engaging and working right. those tend to fail.
other than that go over the things that juicee63 mentioned.

so what plans do u have for modding? hehe
Old 05-06-2009, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jikjak
grats on the car! its nice to see another fellow cls55 owner in the vancouver, bc area!

i know that my steering wheel tightens up at hwy speeds. u might want to check on that for your car. also make sure the cooling pump is engaging and working right. those tend to fail.
other than that go over the things that juicee63 mentioned.

so what plans do u have for modding? hehe
Hey, did I meet you at the car meet a few months ago? I was driving an RS4 was that you in the White CLS55?

Anyway, thanks for the advice guys, I'm planning on taking it down to the service department to get everything checked out. One thing I'm curious about - is there any way to re-code the keys I have? Just as a precautionary measure...

Also, should I be worried about the IC pump issue on this 2006 CLS just like the E55 owners have been having? Is there a new version of IC pump that I can maybe get the service department to do under warranty while I still can?

lastly, I notice the engine is just a little bit rough (not much, just a very little bit) at idle or when starting up cold in the morning. Is this normal?

As for modding, I think I just want to start with ECU and pulley. Is that how you started off?

So excited!!!!

here are some crappy pics for now. More later.
Attached Thumbnails Hello everybody-img00013-20090505-2025.jpg   Hello everybody-img00015-20090505-2026.jpg