CLS55 AMG Price

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by jta00r1
You need to know some one with a dealer license and then search for the car you want (sometimes the car you want will not be for sale the time you want, be patient; to die for deals do not come up every week. Also if I was marking up $15-20K I'd repaint and throw in some new tires too. And yes the mark up is that big. Another marketing myth which I believe is relevant to this thread, is CARFAX it is not the bible of car history, lots of unreported accidents and repairs will fail to show on Carfax. GL hope this helps you out on your search.
More truth

Also don't let people tell you auctions are bad. Here is a pic i took not to long ago when i was at Manheim

Old 09-08-2009, 09:39 PM

c300
Is that the biggest most popular auction in california?
Old 09-08-2009, 11:07 PM

c300
Originally Posted by jandak
I purchased mine at a wholesale auction last month, with all the fees I paid $44k for a nicely equipped car with 26k miles under full factory warranty. No prior paint, one owner, mint condition, 20" 3 piece Asanti wheels with tires in a very good condition.
WOW After researching I have to say thats the sickest deal! I would buy that in a heartbeat I love those rims by Asanti too.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by Full Throttle
+1 you know what they say fool and their money is soon parted. I have watched countless E55 and CLS55's move across the auction block and then find their home at MB dealers listed as CPO cars for top dollar
Full Throttle is preaching the truth. On many of his posts here, and they are on point. I discovered this myself, I would never buy a CPO car.

As stated, get the CARFAX, Autocheck, and inspected by a MB dealer. Both times, the MB dealer did a full inspection, and SDS hookup which the dealers paid for. That's what I did on both the CLS and the R, and saved many thousands.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
More truth

Also don't let people tell you auctions are bad. Here is a pic i took not to long ago when i was at Manheim
Correct again. When I went to Manheim, I saw well over 50 MB's with the MB Financial sticker on the front of the cars.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:52 AM

c300
Say you don't have a dealers license or you don't know anyone that has one... then what? COP?

Buying from an auction can't be that much of a price difference is it? I believe you can find a COP CLS55 for 45k...no? Thats about how much you would pay at the auction...no? The only difference is rims that are included, besides that you would have to buy extended warranty, new brake pads, etc which will add up to near 50k so its about the same isn't it?
Old 09-09-2009, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ocpun
Say you don't have a dealers license or you don't know anyone that has one... then what? COP?

Buying from an auction can't be that much of a price difference is it? I believe you can find a COP CLS55 for 45k...no? Thats about how much you would pay at the auction...no? The only difference is rims that are included, besides that you would have to buy extended warranty, new brake pads, etc which will add up to near 50k so its about the same isn't it?
CPO on a CLS55 for 45K? I did a nationwide search on MBUSA for CPO only, the lowest one had 40K miles on it, for $44K in Monterrey, CA. A lot of miles, but yes it is a CPO. The ones with 30K or so miles on them were $49-54K.

Also, bear in mind a CPO is only good for 12 months or 100K miles whichever comes first. The 12 months will come and go very quick.

My experience:

I bought my cars from high end non-MB dealers, at the time when I bought my CLS, had 28K miles, I saved over 10K, after delivery and MB extended warranty for 7YR/100K. Even at that, all the CLS's offered at MB dealers had less then half the equipment than the one I purchased.

On the R, I saved about 15K. Only had 11K miles on it, no need for a warranty.

Both were inspected by MB dealers before purchased.

Individuals results will vary as you may not need brakes, tires, etc. when buying the car.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:12 AM

c300
Originally Posted by bigben320e
CPO on a CLS55 for 45K? I did a nationwide search on MBUSA for CPO only, the lowest one had 40K miles on it, for $44K in Monterrey, CA. A lot of miles, but yes it is a CPO. The ones with 30K or so miles on them were $49-54K.

Also, bear in mind a CPO is only good for 12 months or 100K miles whichever comes first. The 12 months will come and go very quick.

My experience:

I bought my cars from high end non-MB dealers, at the time when I bought my CLS, had 28K miles, I saved over 10K, after delivery and MB extended warranty for 7YR/100K. Even at that, all the CLS's offered at MB dealers had less then half the equipment than the one I purchased.

On the R, I saved about 15K. Only had 11K miles on it, no need for a warranty.

Both were inspected by MB dealers before purchased.

Individuals results will vary as you may not need brakes, tires, etc. when buying the car.

Alright say I decided to go ahead and buy a COP CLS 55 anyways, when I arrive at the dealership it says about 50k. Couldn't I bargain with the dealer for 45k, as I expect the dealership to really want to get rid of a used MB. Plus if the COP CLS 55 came from auctions, why wouldn't the dealership allow you to bargain and purchase one near auction price? They'll still make their money and everyone goes home happy. I know for a fact because I've bought a brand new 2008 C300 from Newport Beach Fletcher Jones, that everyone bargains before purchasing regardless what car it is. So if it shows online that a COP CLS 55 is 50-55k couldn't you say its 45k if you know your going to bargain? If they say no, I'll just walk away and most likely they will give me a call back agreeing unless I ask for an ridiculously low amount. I want to walk out of the door with a CLS 55 for 45k. Correct me if I am wrong...

Unfortunately I do not know anyone with a dealers license... so are you saying I try and look on autotrader, cars.com, etc instead? How exactly would you get a MB dealer to come inspect before purchase?

Hopefully someone in this community could help me out on the dealers license for I am serious about getting a CLS 55. My mom might actually know a dealer at the MB Laguna Niguel dealership which is another reason why I believe I can get a COP CLS 55 for 45k or at least get a discount. Also a buddy of mine is the owner of VIP Modular Wheels so I'm going to try and get a hold of him. Does that mean I am allowed to go into the auctions with him or what? How exactly does knowing someone with a dealer license benefit me auction wise?

Also as the years go by isn't there price drops since cars only depreciate? So when its 2010 is there going to be a price drop for the 2006 CLS 55 AMG?

Last edited by ocpun; 09-09-2009 at 04:41 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:14 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Is that the biggest most popular auction in california?
Its the largest one in the country its located in PA.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:19 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Alright say I decided to go ahead and buy a COP CLS 55 anyways, when I arrive at the dealership it says about 50k. Couldn't I bargain with the dealer for 45k,
They typically don't, but you can give it a shot. Many times smaller dealers are willing to take you to Manheim and charge you a small commission on the transaction.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Alright say I decided to go ahead and buy a COP CLS 55 anyways, when I arrive at the dealership it says about 50k. Couldn't I bargain with the dealer for 45k, as I expect the dealership to really want to get rid of a used MB. Plus if the COP CLS 55 came from auctions, why wouldn't the dealership allow you to bargain and purchase one near auction price? They'll still make their money and everyone goes home happy. I know for a fact because I've bought a brand new 2008 C300 from Newport Beach Fletcher Jones, that everyone bargains before purchasing regardless what car it is. So if it shows online that a COP CLS 55 is 50-55k couldn't you say its 45k if you know your going to bargain? If they say no, I'll just walk away and most likely they will give me a call back agreeing unless I ask for an ridiculously low amount. I want to walk out of the door with a CLS 55 for 45k. Correct me if I am wrong...

Unfortunately I do not know anyone with a dealers license... so are you saying I try and look on autotrader, cars.com, etc instead? How exactly would you get a MB dealer to come inspect before purchase?

Hopefully someone in this community could help me out on the dealers license for I am serious about getting a CLS 55. My mom might actually know a dealer at the MB Laguna Niguel dealership which is another reason why I believe I can get a COP CLS 55 for 45k or at least get a discount. Also a buddy of mine is the owner of VIP Modular Wheels so I'm going to try and get a hold of him. Does that mean I am allowed to go into the auctions with him or what? How exactly does knowing someone with a dealer license benefit me auction wise?

Also as the years go by isn't there price drops since cars only depreciate? So when its 2010 is there going to be a price drop for the 2006 CLS 55 AMG?
Yes I definitely agree that you should always do a counter offer.

Now, on the CPO that's fine if it's what you want. You don't necessarily need to know someone with a dealers license, as you can go the dealer, go to the auction (with a licensed dealer), or go to a non-MB dealer which is the option I prefer. Ebay was how I got my cars, through dealers that had them listed. The two cars I bought, the dealer actually drove the cars over to the MB dealership and they were inspected. The CLS, it was inspected at Park Place MB, and a full report was faxed back to me and I went over it with the SM. I requested the inspection before purchase. Always ask for an inspection.

The R, I actually rode with the guy to the MB dealer in Addison, IL. While it was inspected, the dealer, Lucky Motors gave me a loaner to ride around Chicago in while I waited.

On depreciation on a 2006, that has already happened. When the 2nd year hits, so does the biggest drop. In 2007 my buddy bought his CLS55 which had 12K miles on it for $72K which at the time was considered a deal. Now, you can get CLS55's with less than 30K miles on them in the low 50's-high 40's. Huge difference in price.

Check this out from Buyingadvice.com:

"The AAA Study puts the average annual cost of depreciation on a new vehicle at $3,392 per year, but there are significant variations depending on the type and model.

One certainty is that the steepest period of depreciation is in the first year of ownership, indeed some would say in the first mile. That is the point at which your "new" vehicle becomes "used" and even if you were to head right back to the dealership, they would quote you the wholesale price to buy back the car that you just paid retail for. Also any fees or sales tax you paid on your vehicle will not be counted toward the value of the vehicle.

Most leading experts put the average first-year depreciation somewhere between 15 and 20 percent of the price of the car. After that a vehicle will lose around 10 percent of its value annually for the next four years though there can be very wide variations among models and everything is dependent on the mileage driven and condition."
Old 09-09-2009, 02:29 PM

c300
Originally Posted by bigben320e
Yes I definitely agree that you should always do a counter offer.

Now, on the CPO that's fine if it's what you want. You don't necessarily need to know someone with a dealers license, as you can go the dealer, go to the auction (with a licensed dealer), or go to a non-MB dealer which is the option I prefer. Ebay was how I got my cars, through dealers that had them listed. The two cars I bought, the dealer actually drove the cars over to the MB dealership and they were inspected. The CLS, it was inspected at Park Place MB, and a full report was faxed back to me and I went over it with the SM. I requested the inspection before purchase. Always ask for an inspection.

The R, I actually rode with the guy to the MB dealer in Addison, IL. While it was inspected, the dealer, Lucky Motors gave me a loaner to ride around Chicago in while I waited.

On depreciation on a 2006, that has already happened. When the 2nd year hits, so does the biggest drop. In 2007 my buddy bought his CLS55 which had 12K miles on it for $72K which at the time was considered a deal. Now, you can get CLS55's with less than 30K miles on them in the low 50's-high 40's. Huge difference in price.

Check this out from Buyingadvice.com:

"The AAA Study puts the average annual cost of depreciation on a new vehicle at $3,392 per year, but there are significant variations depending on the type and model.

One certainty is that the steepest period of depreciation is in the first year of ownership, indeed some would say in the first mile. That is the point at which your "new" vehicle becomes "used" and even if you were to head right back to the dealership, they would quote you the wholesale price to buy back the car that you just paid retail for. Also any fees or sales tax you paid on your vehicle will not be counted toward the value of the vehicle.

Most leading experts put the average first-year depreciation somewhere between 15 and 20 percent of the price of the car. After that a vehicle will lose around 10 percent of its value annually for the next four years though there can be very wide variations among models and everything is dependent on the mileage driven and condition."
How much would you have to pay the MB dealership to do an inspection if you decided to buy a MB off a private dealer?

So in about 3 more months it will be 2010, does that mean prices will drop for the 2006 CLS 55? About how much does it go down annually? If thats the case I might as well wait 3 more months then it will be easier to purchase one for around 45k.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:32 PM

c300
Its the largest one in the country its located in PA.
I checked online and it shows there are a few Manheim Auctions in California. The closest one to me is in Tustin Anaheim.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:34 PM

c300
They typically don't, but you can give it a shot. Many times smaller dealers are willing to take you to Manheim and charge you a small commission on the transaction.
So you just need to find someone with a dealers license to go with to get in Manheim or any car auction? Yeah I'm trying to find someone atm I live in Orange County, Costa Mesa if anyone could help.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
PORSCHE PANAMERA TURBO LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO SL600 E55 BRABUS*SOLD*
Asking price and selling price are 2 different animals when cars are sitting on dealer lots.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:40 PM

c300
Originally Posted by AZBENZ-CTSV
Asking price and selling price are 2 different animals when cars are sitting on dealer lots.
Uh did you just want another post? Way to state the obvious...
Old 09-21-2009, 04:06 AM

c300
I've been checking online and it looks like COP 07 CLS 550 is the same price as COP 06 CLS 55 AMG, correct me if I'm wrong. Both around $50k.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I've been checking online and it looks like COP 07 CLS 550 is the same price as COP 06 CLS 55 AMG, correct me if I'm wrong. Both around $50k.
You are not wrong, I am seeing some of the same results depending upon equipment and mileage. So, which one are you going for?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
enough talking and asking questions... just go buy the car and post some pics hurry.. LOL jk GL with the search..
Old 09-23-2009, 04:11 AM

c300
Hmmm if I decide to go for a luxury look, CLS 550. If I go for a racer look CLS 55. I'll probably go for whatever is cheaper.. I am looking to spend around $45k, do you guys think prices will drop and it will be cheaper March 2010 or mid 2010?

Last edited by ocpun; 09-23-2009 at 04:14 AM.