New dyno #s with stage 1.5 & LET tune .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 12:07 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
New dyno #s with stage 1.5 & LET tune .

I also drove down early to Kurt`s private mustang dyno in Victoria Tx. ; mainly to see Busa196 S65 get Jerry tuned but also get a pull or two on my car.

I have the same mods as last year but an updated shelf tune from LET. Custom tune will come later, as I am still adding Lt`s and a few other things.. Last fall with the same mods and ET time listed in signature, I was at 475-477 RWHP and 512-514 TQ@ 3800 rpm. Never got a peak TQ reading as sampling started at 3800 rpm.

I dyno for tuning , my own baseline numbers and do not ICE down motor or anything else that may enhance my paper numbers from day to day driving. My track ET times are also on street tires and the same way I drive the car everyday..

I drove 1.5 hours and engine temp was at 180 deg and IAT`s stayed about 17 over ambient (93 iat) the whole way. I arrived at the dyno, did not open the hood and let the car sit 30 minutes to talk and tie down the car. Hood was then opened, fans blowing on H/E and made two quick pulls. One to blow the cats out and the next for my posted numbers.. I was suprised to see 500.8 RWHP and 528 TQ @ 3800 rpm starting sampling rate

For those of you that are unsure about a shelf tune, the latest from Jerry is damn solid and great /safe power. Car drives smooth and 180mm pulley transition is smooth! My A/F ratio is leaner than stock but still very safe in the 11.4 range. I have about 15 RWHP more to gain from a custom tune but more than happy right now, until the new bolt on arrive.. Using the same bolt ons as last hear, I picked up 25 RWHP and 15TQ above the curve and from 3800 rpm on.

Oh yeah, my second pull IAT`s were at 120 deg on the start and I hit the dreaded 145 IAT @ 6000 rpm and timing pulled hard. You can see on the graph, as the line drops.. Will avoid that next time..
Attached Thumbnails New dyno #s with stage 1.5 & LET tune .-mvc-012s.jpg  

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd

Last edited by Exotic-metal55; 09-15-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
I also drove down early to Kurt`s private mustang dyno in Victoria Tx. ; mainly to see Busa196 S65 get Jerry tuned but also get a pull or two on my car.

I have the same mods as last year but an updated shelf tune from LET. Custom tune will come later, as I am still adding Lt`s and a few other things.. Last fall with the same mods and ET time listed in signature, I was at 475-477 RWHP and 512-514 TQ@ 3800 rpm. Never got a peak TQ reading as sampling started at 3800 rpm.

I dyno for tuning , my own baseline numbers and do not ICE down motor or anything else that may enhance my paper numbers from day to day driving. My track ET times are also on street tires and the same way I drive the car everyday..

I drove 1.5 hours and engine temp was at 180 deg and IAT`s stayed about 17 over ambient (93 iat) the whole way. I arrived at the dyno, did not open the hood and let the car sit 30 minutes to talk and tie down the car. Hood was then opened, fans blowing on H/E and made two quick pulls. One to blow the cats out and the next for my posted numbers.. I was suprised to see 500.8 RWHP and 528 TQ @ 3800 rpm starting sampling rate

For those of you that are unsure about a shelf tune, the latest from Jerry is damn solid and great /safe power. Car drives smooth and 180mm pulley transition is smooth! My A/F ratio is leaner than stock but still very safe in the 11.4 range. I have about 15 RWHP more to gain from a custom tune but more than happy right now, until the new bolt on arrive.. Using the same bolt ons as last hear, I picked up 25 RWHP and 15TQ above the curve and from 3800 rpm on.

Oh yeah, my second pull IAT`s were at 120 deg on the start and I hit the dreaded 145 IAT @ 6000 rpm and timing pulled hard. You can see on the graph, as the line drops.. Will avoid that next time..
That looks like a nice set up on your car. I didn't see that you had any extra cooling. Does your car have any cooling issues?
Old 09-15-2009, 10:05 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
That looks like a nice set up on your car. I didn't see that you had any extra cooling. Does your car have any cooling issues?

I have not noticed any issues on data logs. Recovery after a run is about 8-10 seconds but still can hit 145 IAT in 95 plus heat on a long run.. Now that I have extra coolant capacity, I plan to speed the pump up from 5.6 gpm to 20 gpm. This should circualte 100 % of the coolant every 12-15 seconds or so.

Even bone stock, the car never recovered near that quick. Now, I can give a M5 a quick throttle burst and be ready for the three horn honk start..

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd