I hate you die Full Thottle :-)
9.59%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Looks E55 vs CLS55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 07:00 AM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG Sold 2010 E550 Coupe totaled '13 SL550 current and loving it!
Originally Posted by beauphus
i had a e55 for 3 years and it was great. definitely impressive - until i got the cls55. now i get people walking up to me nearly every time i park and every valet in my town knows me by my car. i must agree the CLS is a lot more of an eye ctacher but i miss my e55 for some reason. i loved that car...

to be fair my CLS has some badass rims with sexy lips that tuck in the fenders so that might have something to do with the attention she gets
Post pics Beau
Old 12-02-2009, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 & CL CK60
i should. need to take some
Old 12-04-2009, 01:16 PM

CLS55 AMG
For looks the CLS is the one!
Attached Thumbnails Looks E55 vs CLS55-cls55-carlsson.jpg  
Old 12-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG
Of course!!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 03:13 PM

Looking for CLS55 AMG
cls is probably my favorite looking MB of the lineup. maybe the sl65bs but other than that its the winnar
Old 12-07-2009, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
The CLS was a head turner when the new body style was introduced. Unfortunately, the design hasn't aged well and now seems rather caricatural and bulbous appearing. The old BMW 8 series, or even the Porsche 928GTS are an examples of designs that have and will age much better than the CLS. YMMV.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by komp55
The CLS was a head turner when the new body style was introduced. Unfortunately, the design hasn't aged well and now seems rather caricatural and bulbous appearing. The old BMW 8 series, or even the Porsche 928GTS are an examples of designs that have and will age much better than the CLS. YMMV.

I disagree,

The CLS gets much more attention than most of the lineup. Most think it is super fast due to the shape.

The lines on the CLS are here to stay , the car looks fantastic from all angles.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Spoken like a true bitter E driver,your opinion is solidly in the minority.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML550
Originally Posted by Full Throttle
Spoken like a true bitter E driver,your opinion is solidly in the minority.
Bitter? I could easily pay cash for a CLS if I wanted one (which I considered and rejected for a variety of reasons before buying my E55), so I'm not sure how you came up with "bitter" from what I wrote. Rather than engage in any meaningful discussion about what might constitute timeless automotive design, you astutely note that my opinion is in the minority on a W219 board - like that's some sort of earth-shattering shocker of an expectation.

Brilliant insight, dude.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
you astutely note that my opinion is in the minority on a W219 board - like that's some sort of earth-shattering shocker of an expectation.

Brilliant insight, dude.
This has zero to do with the W219 board. This same poll has been posted on many internet automotive communities and the results were the *exact* same. Most agree that the CLS is one of the best looking sedans of all time. The E class is simply a snooze-mobile, Its design is bland, boring, and most agree. As stated your opinion is solidly in the minority. You could post this same poll in every sub forum on this board, and the results would be the same.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML550
You could post this same poll in every sub forum on this board, and the results would be the same.
Most men really don't need to post polls on a variety of message boards to affirm the appearance of the car they choose to drive. IMO, this makes the pollster appear insecure about his or her own selection.

That said, this type of poll is rather worthless. Those that chose a CLS55 over an E55 did so for whatever reasons they had, and vice versa. I don't think you will have many CLS55 drivers wishing they'd bought an E55, and it's equally unlikely that those that chose to purchase an E55 are pining for a CLS55. Some people love the CLS styling, others don't. These differences in opinion on car styling will always be a matter of personal taste.

Other than the CLS55, what other cars to you consider to have timeless styling?
Old 12-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Most men really don't need to post polls on a variety of message boards to affirm the appearance of the car they choose to drive. IMO, this makes the pollster appear insecure about his or her own selection.
So now you know what most men do??? Additionally this was posted based on a PM i received. I also never said *i* posted this on many boards. I simply said it has been posted on other boards with the same results. Now please explain how im insecure about not owning a cheaper uglier car?
Old 12-07-2009, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
So now you know what most men do??? Additionally this was posted based on a PM i received. I also never said *i* posted this on many boards. I simply said it has been posted on other boards with the same results. Now please explain how im insecure about not owning a cheaper uglier car?
How old are you?

Anyone who bought an E55/63 could afford the CLS55/63, there is very little difference. I prefer the look of less-showy conventional sedans like the W211 and would take one every time ahead of a CLS. CLS owners disagree and surely it's good to have the choice.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML550
Originally Posted by juicee63
Most think it is super fast due to the shape.
And they're wrong, aren't they? That's why the MB performance cognoscente bought the E55 instead.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:14 PM

'06 CLS55 AMG
Hey Full Throtte, I own a cls55.

Please for the love of God, STFU. Your single purpose seems to be going around this board to hate on others and build up your own obviously pathetic, insecure ego. You are a real embarrassment to the cls community. You don't see w211 owners starting "polls" (what a eff'in joke that is btw) about how much better looking the w211 is, do you? I can totally understand why a thread was started hoping to have you banned over on the w211 forum.

I guess your parents didn't teach you the sayings "if you don't have anything nice to say, shut your mouth" or "to each their own".....

You are a hater pure and simple. Enjoy your car, mod it, whatever.

Guess what? Noone gives a S-H-I-T.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by BlackKompressor
You don't see w211 owners starting "polls" about how much better looking the w211 is, do you? .
Well DUH!!
Old 12-07-2009, 09:48 PM

'06 CLS55 AMG
Well DUH!!

ok, i'll give you some props. that actually made me grin.

ok, look, to make it simple for you: w211 owners bought their cars because they found it more attractive for whatever reason(s) (looks, practicality, whatever). What is it with your undying quest to prove to others (perhaps yourself?) that the w219 is better looking? You have a 219. Great. Proud of you. You have the same stellar taste that I do! lol But i'm not gonna put down 211 owners by saying the w211 is "ugly" or say mine is "better". It's just a matter of taste/preference. That's it. Get over it. I'm also not gonna start some asinine, meaningless poll on a 219 forum. What do you think the result is gonna be???? Why don't you post this poll on the 211 board and see what brilliant deduction you can make of it?

If, as you yourself contend, the same poll "has been posted on other boards with the same results", why do you feel the need to rehash? To make a point? To rub it in the face of some "percieved enemy"?

Then you mention some "mystery PM" compelling you to create a poll.

So if I PM you to please jump off the nearest bridge, will you?

Last edited by BlackKompressor; 12-07-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG

ok, look, to make it simple for you: w211 owners bought their cars because they found it more attractive for whatever reason(s) (looks, practicality, whatever). What is it with your undying quest to prove to others (perhaps yourself?) that the w219 is better looking? You have a 219. Great. Proud of you. You have the same stellar taste that I do! lol But i'm not gonna put down 211 owners by saying the w211 is "ugly" or say mine is "better". It's just a matter of taste/preference. That's it. Get over it. I'm also not gonna start some asinine, meaningless poll on a 219 forum. What do you think the result is gonna be???? Why don't you post this poll on the 211 board and see what brilliant deduction you can make of it?

If, as you yourself contend, the same poll "has been posted on other boards with the same results", why do you feel the need to rehash? To make a point? To rub it in the face of some "percieved enemy"?

Dude *relax* its not that serious, my posting habits should not interest you this much. If you don't like my post then set my user name to *ignore*
Old 12-07-2009, 09:59 PM

cls 55 amg
While the momentum is there, let me also add that Full Throttle, your attitude is extremely condescending towards people here. Being sarcastic once in a while is one thing, being demeaning every freakin time is another.

You might be a gentleman in real life, but honestly (and i have nothing against you, man) in these foums you come off as someone extremely insecure and trying to find an avenue to boost his low ego. These forums used to be a nice friendly place when i used to lurk here a few yrs back. It has become pretty hostile and confrontational these days. and of course if u tell people what idiots they are to buy an E class or for paying 5 K more than what you paid for ur car, its bound to get hostile.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:04 PM

'06 CLS55 AMG
Dude *relax* its not that serious, my posting habits should not interest you this much. If you don't like my post then set my user name to *ignore*
Dude, trust me, your posting habits hardly "interest" me, they simply annoy me.

I guess your posts are like a bad car accident; you can't help but slow down and look. And you post A LOT.

Maybe you should take your own advice about "relaxing". Relax and get over your constant hating on others.

p.s. my car is lowered and has "bling bling" wheels. Oh the horror! (and
amazingly, reminds me a lot of your car, except that mine is silver!
)

Have a nice night Full throttle. Won't be responding anymore as I would rather have a more mature conversation with my 1 year old!
Old 12-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Dude, trust me, your posting habits hardly "interest" me, they simply annoy me.

I guess your posts are like a bad car accident; you can't help but slow down and look. And you post A LOT.

Maybe you should take your own advice about "relaxing". Relax and get over your constant hating on others.

p.s. my car is lowered and has "bling bling" wheels. Oh the horror! (and
amazingly, reminds me a lot of your car, except that mine is silver!
)

Have a nice night Full throttle. Won't be responding anymore as I would rather have a more mature conversation with my 1 year old!
thank god
Old 12-07-2009, 10:12 PM

'06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by anachronist
While the momentum is there, let me also add that Full Throttle, your attitude is extremely condescending towards people here. Being sarcastic once in a while is one thing, being demeaning every freakin time is another.

You might be a gentleman in real life, but honestly (and i have nothing against you, man) in these foums you come off as someone extremely insecure and trying to find an avenue to boost his low ego. These forums used to be a nice friendly place when i used to lurk here a few yrs back. It has become pretty hostile and confrontational these days. and of course if u tell people what idiots they are to buy an E class or for paying 5 K more than what you paid for ur car, its bound to get hostile.

+1. You are completely condescending and belittling. I am mainly a lurker on this board for the past 3 or 4 years but like to think that when I have something to say it is at least somewhat helpful/meaningful. I've also seen this board go downhill from the likes of you Fullthrottle and I'm not scared to voice my opinion of what a jerk you are and detrement to this online community of MB bretheren. Do you even understand what that means? It means we all have something in common. We are all car enthusiasts. Like i said, it is frankly embarassing that you are a 219 owner and have this shi*tty holier than thou attitude.

I feel bad for you mostly. You are obviously either very short, very lacking in the manhood dept, or picked on a lot as a kid. (i'd guess it's a combination of all the above).

"Boom, headshot". what a dork.

Last edited by BlackKompressor; 12-07-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by anachronist

Old 12-07-2009, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
And they're wrong, aren't they? That's why the MB performance cognoscente bought the E55 instead.
The CLS is way more exclusive
Old 12-08-2009, 12:11 AM

cls 55 amg
c'mon, dont cry now - i wasnt half as mean as u generally are .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looks E55 vs CLS55