Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 02:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS500 with 55 AMG motor, 2008 Infiniti G35, 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager
Originally Posted by Igor180
If you have a CLS500 maybe...
At least my CLS500 can make it down the street without breaking down!

Old 12-08-2009, 03:45 AM

Looking for CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by khelawanb
At least my CLS500 can make it down the street without breaking down!

HAHA!
Old 12-08-2009, 07:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
Originally Posted by juicee63
The CLS is way more exclusive
The original "poll" posted by Small Throttle was about the CLS55:

Originally Posted by Full Throttle
Which platform do you think looks better and would you pick the CLS55 or E55 if you had to do it again.
So to compare apples to apples, we much compare the North American sales of the CLS55 for 2006 (the only year the CLS55 was produced) to the sales of the E55 for 2006. This is done by going to the AMG Private Lounge and reviewing the sales data:

CLS 55 AMG

2006 2765

E 55 AMG

2006 1187

So comparing same year model sales, it's clear the E55 was the more "exclusive" choice for 2006 if you determine exclusivity by sales volume. If the CLS55 had been offered for sale for all of the same model years as the E55, who knows, perhaps the result would have been different.

Now when you move into the "63" era of both chassis', you do find the CLS not selling as well as its E stablemate:

CLS 63 AMG

2007 699
2008 634

E 63 AMG

2007 1353
2008 1063

It's far more likely that the fewer sales of the two models reflect buyer fatigue with both body styles, but particularly the W219 chassis since its sales dropped off far more precipitously. For the W219, that's not an indication of exclusivity, it's more likely a clear indication of my original post regarding the W219 design; that it simply hasn't aged well as a design.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 CLS500 with 55 AMG motor, 2008 Infiniti G35, 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager
I think allot of people that wanted a CLS couldn't buy it for different reasons.
Too tall for the short roofline, nagging wife wanting a full back seat, etc, etc......

I have a friend with a WRX, and he loves his car! He can clearly afford a CLS55, but he will never buy a Mercedes. I'm just trying to say that there is a special car out there for everyone.

Even if it's a CLS500!

Last edited by khelawanb; 12-08-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:43 AM

+1000000 lol
Originally Posted by BlackKompressor
Hey Full Throtte, I own a cls55.

Please for the love of God, STFU. Your single purpose seems to be going around this board to hate on others and build up your own obviously pathetic, insecure ego. You are a real embarrassment to the cls community. You don't see w211 owners starting "polls" (what a eff'in joke that is btw) about how much better looking the w211 is, do you? I can totally understand why a thread was started hoping to have you banned over on the w211 forum.

I guess your parents didn't teach you the sayings "if you don't have anything nice to say, shut your mouth" or "to each their own".....

You are a hater pure and simple. Enjoy your car, mod it, whatever.

Guess what? Noone gives a S-H-I-T.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:53 AM

LOL. Now you know you are configuring the stats to look good in your favor. That was first model year of the CLS55..of course it will sell a lot. Also the W211 E55 was on its 4th year at that point. So you would have to combine total sales from those 4 years and then compare. I have nothing against w211's(that was my first benz, pretty lil thing ) but the CLS is way more exclusive. I would even go as far as saying the CLS500 is more exclusive than the e55.

ANYWAY, cant we allllll jsut get along?? Were on the same team. What happened to the good ol' days when we only hated on our rivals the BMW team. lol

Originally Posted by komp55

So to compare apples to apples, we much compare the North American sales of the CLS55 for 2006 (the only year the CLS55 was produced) to the sales of the E55 for 2006. This is done by going to the AMG Private Lounge and reviewing the sales data:

CLS 55 AMG

2006 2765

E 55 AMG

2006 1187

So comparing same year model sales, it's clear the E55 was the more "exclusive" choice for 2006 if you determine exclusivity by sales volume. If the CLS55 had been offered for sale for all of the same model years as the E55, who knows, perhaps the result would have been different.

Now when you move into the "63" era of both chassis', you do find the CLS not selling as well as its E stablemate:

CLS 63 AMG

2007 699
2008 634

E 63 AMG

2007 1353
2008 1063

It's far more likely that the fewer sales of the two models reflect buyer fatigue with both body styles, but particularly the W219 chassis since its sales dropped off far more precipitously. For the W219, that's not an indication of exclusivity, it's more likely a clear indication of my original post regarding the W219 design; that it simply hasn't aged well as a design.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by komp55

CLS 55 AMG

2006 2765

E 55 AMG

2006 1187

So comparing same year model sales, it's clear the E55 was the more "exclusive" choice for 2006
worst counter point of all time.
Holy no spin zone batman. If thats not the worst counter point spin i have ever seen in my life i, then i dont know what is. If nothing else it reinforces my point. Thanks for the confirmation that once again proves that more buyers preferred the CLS55 over the E55 *bravo*
Old 12-08-2009, 05:13 PM

'06 CLS55 AMG
worst counter point of all time.
worst counter point spin i have ever seen in my life
Jeez, repeat yourself much? You do love to hear yourself talk, don't you Fullocrap? That is a trait usually predominent only in the females of our species.

Look, despite your incessant droning, you will likely never get an e55 owner to 1. fawn all over your cls or 2. regret their choice.

It will also not fix the length or girth of your man unit. I don't have any personal experience with this, but i believe if you stay up late at night and catch some of the info-mercials, and/or try googling "p*enis enlarger", you may have better luck.

Last edited by BlackKompressor; 12-08-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
you will likely never get an e55 owner to 1. fawn all over your cls.

I couldn't possibly care any less than i do at this exact moment what a bunch of dudes on the internet think about me, or my car. You're nothing more than time killing entertainment at best. What i do know is i absolutely love it, each and every person that has seen it in real life loves it. Now to add insult to injury, all the women that have ever seen it go freaking bananas over my car.

Current poll results.
CLS= 43 votes
E55= 10 votes

Last edited by Full Throttle; 12-08-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:33 PM

'06 CLS55 AMG
I couldnt possibly care any less than i do at this exact moment what a bunch of dudes on the inernet think about me, or my car.
Then why the lame poll and your constant hating on others? (i'm sure you'll avoid answering this direct question, as u always do)

nothing more than time killing entertainment at best.
Likewise.

i do know is i absolutely love it, each and every person that has seen it in real life loves it. Now to add insult to injury, all the women that have ever seen it go freaking bananas over my car.
Likewise. (The only difference is that I am married, so i miss out on the rewards of chick magnet factor. In fact, my wife hates my car because of how much i spent on it )
Old 12-08-2009, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Now to add insult to injury, all the women that have ever seen it go freaking bananas over my car.

:
Ah, so that explains it all...you're the type that needs a flashy car to get a woman. This sure doesn't surprise me or likely anyone else.

Thanks for making it clear for all to see...
Old 12-08-2009, 05:37 PM

'06 CLS55 AMG

Current poll results.
CLS= 43 votes
E55= 10 votes
you forgot to repeat your infamously dorky "Boom headshot" line

you also forgot to include the 7 votes for "die fullocrap" data, which IS statistically significant btw.

since you seem to be the expert pollster, could you please twist the rules a bit and allow me one more vote?

Last edited by BlackKompressor; 12-08-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:43 PM

'06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by transferred
Ah, so that explains it all...you're the type that needs a flashy car to get a woman. This sure doesn't surprise me or likely anyone else.

Thanks for making it clear for all to see...
yes, makes things very clear, although i would contend that no red-blooded man would particularly "mind" the chick magnet factor. But as you stated, fullohate obviously needs a flashy car to pick up chicks and the mere fact that he had to mention it speaks volumes. Most men secure with themselves would not.

fullobitterness, please refer to post 58 for recommendations on how to address this issue.

Last edited by BlackKompressor; 12-08-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
obviously needs a flashy car to pick up chicks and the mere fact that he had to mention it speaks volumes. Most men secure with themselves would not.

I have been with my wife 13 years genius, and i have owned one bad *** ride after the next since i was 19 years old. TRUST me i have never needed a car to bag chicks. My wife loves my car like she has loved all my cars, and her girl friends along with anyone who has ever seen it loves it as well..... next?
Old 12-08-2009, 05:59 PM

'06 CLS55 AMG

I have been with my wife 13 years genius, and i have owned one bad *** ride after the next since i was 19 years old. TRUST me i have never needed a car to bag chicks. My wife loves my car like she has loved all my cars, and her girl friends along with anyone who has ever seen it loves it as well..... next?
if you're so happily married, why mention all the chicks that "go bananas" over your car?

oh, that's right, i forgot.

and you're sooooooo cooooool for "owning one bad *** ride after the next".
what grown adult even talks this way??????
Old 12-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
if you're so happily married, why mention all the chicks that "go bananas" over your car?
My wife does not have my nuts in a jar like you i guess. Clearly Its an observation, and above that what does me being married have to do with women complimenting my car....... im done with, now go play.

lets get back on topic.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
what grown adult even talks this way??????
Ones that are not Benz driving computer geeks with a social life i would assume.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:25 PM

'06 CLS55 AMG
My wife does not have my nuts in a jar like you i guess. Clearly Its an observation, and above that what does me being married have to do with women complimenting my car....... im done with, now go play.

lets get back on topic.
Geez you're slow. Let me spell it out for you:

My wife does not need to have my "nuts in a jar" in order for me to have a modicum of respect towards her and not spout off all over the internet about how "cool" i am because i drive a car that drives women "friggen bananas". Please don't have kids (please tell me you don't already?!). Trust me, you're not ready. If my kid ever acts anything like you i will slap the crap outta him AND disown him!

You being married doesn't have anything to do with women complimenting your car, it is the fact that you feel the need to boost your ego by mentioning that girls go "friggen bananas over my car" that is telling.

Fullohate, i will leave your lame poll thread now, as it is painfully clear to everyone (yes, even those not expressing it) that you are a little (figuratively and/or physically) man full of hate and bitterness who needs to boost his own, insecure, pathetic ego by pounding his chest about how "cool he is".

Congrats! You are a case study on insecurity in the most basic of psychology textbooks.

Happy holidays!
Old 12-08-2009, 06:27 PM

'06 CLS55 AMG
Ones that are not Benz driving computer geeks with a social life i would assume.
Pot calling kettle.

Since you are a bit slow, lemme spell it out for you again:

1. Check your join date
2. Check my join date
3. Check how many posts you have
4. Check how many posts I have

now mr. expert statistician/pollster, tell me what brilliant deductions you can come up with?

"BOOM HEADSHOT" ahahahaahhaaa!

Last edited by BlackKompressor; 12-08-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Now please explain how im insecure about not owning a cheaper uglier car?
People with their own money don't need to boast about things because they are "expensive." This is a lucky thing for you as if you were ever in Socal you'd be in tears at the scorn you'd get from CL65 drivers ("prettier, much more expensive" would be two descriptions from your book) and the other new rides, were everyone so obsessed with proving themselves as you are...

Incidentally, in your sig is that your housing estate where the car is parked?

just grow up and don't be such a paper tiger like you were when you ran into a member in downtown DC...
Old 12-08-2009, 06:37 PM

'06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by transferred
just grow up and don't be such a paper tiger like you were when you ran into a member in downtown DC...
so typical of this type. all talk.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Geez you're slow. Let me spell it out for you:

My wife does not need to have my "nuts in a jar" in order for me to have a modicum of respect towards her and not spout off all over the internet about how "cool" i am because i drive a car that drives women "friggen bananas". Please don't have kids (please tell me you don't already?!). Trust me, you're not ready. If my kid ever acts anything like you i will slap the crap outta him AND disown him!

You being married doesn't have anything to do with women complimenting your car, it is the fact that you feel the need to boost your ego by mentioning that girls go "friggen bananas over my car" that is telling.

Fullohate, i will leave your lame poll thread now, as it is painfully clear to everyone (yes, even those not expressing it) that you are a little (figuratively and/or physically) man full of hate and bitterness who needs to boost his own, insecure, pathetic ego by pounding his chest about how "cool he is".

Congrats! You are a case study on insecurity in the most basic of psychology textbooks.

Happy holidays!

Is this your best??
Old 12-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Pot calling kettle.

Since you are a bit slow, lemme spell it out for you again:

1. Check your join date
2. Check my join date
3. Check how many posts you have
4. Check how many posts I have

now mr. expert statistician/pollster, tell me what brilliant deductions you can come up with?

"BOOM HEADSHOT" ahahahaahhaaa!
bwhhahaha whats next your Honda prelude makes more horse power per liter??
Old 12-08-2009, 06:47 PM

'06 CLS55 AMG
bwhhahaha whats next your Honda prelude makes more horse power per liter??
????? ummmmmm, ok. Not sure what this has anything to do with anything, but then again, you are expert at deflecting when getting caught putting your foot in your mouth.

Geez, you really are that dumb. You can't come up with a simple ratio (did you pass HS math?).

Let me spell it out for you again; your post average is astronomically higher than mine. Thus your assertion that I have no social life while you do, is pure BS, as is pretty much everything that you vomit from your keyboard.

Do you actually want me to do the math for you?

now, my other commuter car is a 2006 honda civic hybrid. A car that i'm sure someone of your low self-esteem wouldn't be caught dead in because women don't go "friggen bananas" over it.....
Old 12-08-2009, 06:49 PM

'06 CLS55 AMG

Is this your best??
you didn't answer my question. Please tell me you haven't reproduced yet?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looks E55 vs CLS55