C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Driver side rear sag?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CLS55 AMG
Driver side rear sag?

This morning I woke up to find my CLS55 covered in snow and the rear driver side tire tucked in all the way into the quarter panel. When I started the car up, it began to level itself right up and everything appears to be fine as of now (been about an hour).

Could it be that something is leaking? Not holding pressure properly? A sensor? The snow have something to do with it? I mean there was a lot of snow, but to see just one side sagging so much, I can't imagine it was a load issue.

Any ideas and or suggestions as to what it could be? Anyone experience anything similar, regardless of side, front or rear?

Thanks in advance to all that chime in...
Old 12-20-2009, 12:51 PM

CLS55 plus a few Ducati's
From my readings over the last year it seems that the airmatic suspension does some odd ball things at times. I am sure someone else will add more info but the airmatic is a weak point in these cars and very expensive to fix........ this was one of my main reasons for the extended warranty, along with the supercharger etc... Certainly if the problem repeats itself regularly then you may have an issue. I would keep a log and photograph the situation so that you can more fully inform a technician about an issue if you need to investigate further...... they cannot then say it is your imagination. Keep this in mind for other problems as well. Use a cameras' video function to capture strange noises etc....
Old 12-20-2009, 05:05 PM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG Sold 2010 E550 Coupe totaled '13 SL550 current and loving it!
Too bad there are no coil over solutions to get rid of the air suspension all together. Hopefully it was just a fluke and there are no issues.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:20 PM

Looking for CLS55 AMG
could be a leaky strut, if it continues to happen i would take it to the dealer and see what the deal is
Old 12-22-2009, 02:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 CLS63 AMG
Were you parked on an uneven road? When my car is parked on uneven roads my air suspension acts all goofy lol.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:48 AM

06 CLS55 AMG
No, the car was parked level on my driveway...

I dropped it off at MB yesterday. Diagnosis, bad (leaking) shock. New one was ordered, and will be installed this afternoon.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:49 AM

Yeah my car did something funky when I parked on an uneven road..the back left rear was really high..had to be about 8 inches while the rest of the car was sitting normally. Looked like my car was siding sideways.

Originally Posted by dacls63amg
Were you parked on an uneven road? When my car is parked on uneven roads my air suspension acts all goofy lol.