C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Need advise and answers please on 2007 CLS63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 07:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
Need advise and answers please on 2007 CLS63

Hi. I am thinking of getting rid of my 05 CL65 for an 07 CLS63 with P30 package. Here are my questions:

1.) Aside for the throttle blipping of the 2009 model, are there any other differences between 2007 -2009 CLS63's?

2.) Can the 2009 throttle blipping feature be added to years 2007 - 2008 CLs63? If not, why not? Isn't it just a software upgrade?

3. Does the 2007 CLS63 P30 package have a LSD included with the 2 piece AMG wheels and stiffer suspension? Actually, could someone just list what the exact P30 options are? Is the 2007 - 2008 basically the same care?

Thanks in advance.

Larry
Old 01-12-2010, 08:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL63
I had an 07 and now drive an 09 CLS63.

1. New steering wheel, new sound system with hard drive and DVD player. body changed & new front grill, new head lights and led tail lights, speedshift plus transmission ( f'ing throttle blips !), new outside mirrors, louder exhaust system with raspier tone, nicer stock rims.

2. We all asked on the private lounge including a band of CLK63 black series owners who tried as a group.
https://mbworld.org/forums/clk63-bla...n-upgrade.html

3. 030 has LSD and larger brakes (about an 1" all around) but im unsure about the wheel question so hopefuly another member will chime in.

The new transmission with rev matched down shiffting changes the whole driving experience. Another plus, it holds the right gear (sweet spot) on freeway sweepers without upshifting or driver intervention.

warrantys on 07 will expire next year - 4 year / 50,000 miles was standard.

https://mbworld.org/forums/members/t...63-photos.html

Old 01-12-2010, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by turbotom1
I had an 07 and now drive an 09 CLS63.

1. New steering wheel, new sound system with hard drive and DVD player. body changed & new front grill, new head lights and led tail lights, speedshift plus transmission ( f'ing throttle blips !), new outside mirrors, louder exhaust system with raspier tone, nicer stock rims.

2. We all asked on the private lounge including a band of CLK63 black series owners who tried as a group.
https://mbworld.org/forums/clk63-bla...n-upgrade.html

3. 030 has LSD and larger brakes (about an 1" all around) but im unsure about the wheel question so hopefuly another member will chime in.

The new transmission with rev matched down shiffting changes the whole driving experience. Another plus, it holds the right gear (sweet spot) on freeway sweepers without upshifting or driver intervention.

warrantys on 07 will expire next year - 4 year / 50,000 miles was standard.

https://mbworld.org/forums/members/t...63-photos.html

Thanks for reply Actually my mind is f'ed up as I knew the 2009 CLS63 had the changes you mentioned. I guess I meant between the 2007- 2008 model years.

I couldn't take reading the whole thread about the new transmission. Could you give me the readers digest version of why they can't add it to 2007 - 2008 cars? Can RENNtech or any other reputable AMG tuner make the software change by chance?

Regarding the sound system, is the 2009's that much better? How does the hard drive based command unit work? Is it easy to download music to it with either an SD card, DVD, or I-pod?

Your car is amazing looking by the way. I wish they added the 2010 E63 navi with the round control module to 2009 CLS. So you are happy from the switch to the 2009 from the 2007 I take it. Would it be a deal breaker for you to not get a 2007 - 2008 CLS63 if it can't get the speed shift plus? Thanks again for your reply.

Larry
Old 01-13-2010, 12:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL63
No, not a deal breaker on the transmission but a warranty is important to me.r

Not sure if any members upgraded the transmission but you can expect someone to post it if they did.

Sound system is prewired for Ipod and accepts SD cards, 4 gigs of memory.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
we trust that you will understand that due to the feedback on the Private Lounge, we thoroughly investigated the effort required to offer this solution. In this case, it is just not feasible.

AMG Private Lounge Team

14.2-inch front and 13-inch rear brake discs. However, knowing truly psychotic customers will want more speed, stopping power and cornering ability, AMG has developed an optional performance package which offers a top speed of 186 mph (stock is 155 mph), 15.4-inch diameter brake discs, Airmatic sport-tuned suspension and a limited-slip differential.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
a hard-drive based navigation system, 4GB of onboard music storage, an MP3-compatible CD and DVD stereo with SD card reader, Linguatronic voice control, an integrated Bluetooth hands-free mobile phone system

Old 01-13-2010, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by turbotom1
No, not a deal breaker on the transmission but a warranty is important to me.r

Not sure if any members upgraded the transmission but you can expect someone to post it if they did.

Sound system is prewired for Ipod and accepts SD cards, 4 gigs of memory.

we trust that you will understand that due to the feedback on the Private Lounge, we thoroughly investigated the effort required to offer this solution. In this case, it is just not feasible.

AMG Private Lounge Team

14.2-inch front and 13-inch rear brake discs. However, knowing truly psychotic customers will want more speed, stopping power and cornering ability, AMG has developed an optional performance package which offers a top speed of 186 mph (stock is 155 mph), 15.4-inch diameter brake discs, Airmatic sport-tuned suspension and a limited-slip differential.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
a hard-drive based navigation system, 4GB of onboard music storage, an MP3-compatible CD and DVD stereo with SD card reader, Linguatronic voice control, an integrated Bluetooth hands-free mobile phone system

Thank you for time. Much appreciated. Enjoy your car.

Larry