C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

In the market for an '07 CLS63... questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 05:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
In the market for an '07 CLS63... questions

Long time lurker first time poster. I currently have an '02 E430... Great car!I've been looking for the 63for about a month now. I have a few questions about this particular car. It'll be driven the majority of the time by my Wife. I'll get to use it on the weekends.

-I'm looking for something in 4.5+ condition with under 50K miles. What would be a reasonable price for a car in this condition/mileage. I know the economy has kinda made vehicle pricing a little more volitile, these days.

I've taken a good look at this particular car:

http://www.classicii.com/detail-2007...g-5043113.html

Really clean. No dents, scratches, nicks, abnormal wear and tear. The car drives great. Motor runs flawless and strong. I like the color combo. Only problem is it doesn't have the dynamic seats, which was a huge selling point for the Wife. How does that particular car stack up price wise? Fair deal/bad deal??

This particular dealership I linked was offering to headhunt a car for me. I live in Orlando and from what I'm told one of the largest auctions, Manheim, happens here on Tuesdays. I told them that if I was going to spend the money I wanted as close to the car I WANT as possible. So, are there any particular options I should put at the forefront?

I'd really appreciate input on this. I don't want to fall into a deal with a car that turns out to be not what I'm really wanting or looking for.

Last edited by WideLowandFast; 01-26-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CLS63 AMG 030; 1970 Ford Mustang Coupe
I'm pretty sure CLS63's don't have dynamic seats, because as far as I know, I have all options except for distronic cruise control and voice control and I don't have dynamic seats. I'm talking about the seats that inflate the side bolsters as you hit the turns. I have multi-contour seats, I'm not sure if that is what you meant.

Anyway, I got my 07 CLS63 last month, and I would call it bad ***. My friends and colleagues say the same thing, although maybe not that kind of language.

You could hunt for one with voice control, but there are probably very few out there until you get to '09's where it was more common. Its' easy to enter telephone numbers with that number pad on the comand system, so it's not entirely necessary. My wife has an acura, and it's a pain to enter a telephone number unless you use the voice control, but with the CLS it's easy enough.

I would suggest the performance package code P30, makes the car on 030, but it was an expensive option- don't know how many there are out there. People have varied opinions on this. Some people don't think you need to be able to go 186 mph. You don't need nuclear missles either, but it's nice to know you have them "just in case".

My Alcantara steering wheel is wearing out. I guess there's not much you can do about that.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:59 PM

OK, So the Dynamic Seats ended with the '06 55s then..?

Quoted from EDMUNDS:

Options for both CLS trims (550/63 AMG) include a navigation system, "Distronic" adaptive cruise control, front and rear park assist, "Drive Dynamic" seats (that automatically pump up the side bolsters for additional support during performance driving) and a pair of color-themed "designo" packages. An AMG Sport package is available for the CLS550; it includes 18-inch double-spoke wheels, lower body skirting and paddle shifters. For the AMG itself, there is a Performance package that adds Formula One-style compound brakes, a 186-mph speed limiter (versus the standard 155-mph limiter), a limited-slip differential and even firmer suspension tuning.

Is it just a rare option? I've scanned the net for 63's with tjhe P30 or 030 package. I'd guess the easiest way to tell if it has this package is the brake rotor size. The other way is to drive 186 LOL... Thanks for the input. It looks like the Dynamic Seating was more common on the 55's.

BTW, How does the price look on the car I linked? I was going to make an offer @ 45K and play from there.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:20 PM

Maybe they do have drive dynamic seats, I don't know. Voice control was more common on CLS55's for some reason, or at least they are all pre-wired for it, maybe dynamic seats were as well.

Usually people will list if the car has the P30 package because it's something to brag about. Yes, the brakes are bigger and the wheels 19 inch.

I know I paid more for mine than $49k, but I had less miles. $49K sounds like a decent price, but you have to compare with other sales in your area.

That car doesn't have distronic cruise or voice, I can tell by looking at it. Also, those don't look like 030 wheels, so I don't think it has the P30 package either.

As long as there are no major issues with it, $45K is probably pretty good, just compare.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:26 PM

2007 s600 2007 cls63
There's one on ebay (as of yesterday) with the 030 for $65k asking....$45k for this one but no warranty might be an issue though
Old 01-26-2010, 07:39 PM

Yeah, I paid low 60's, type 030, but half the miles of that one and certified so extra warranty. Still can't decide if I should extend that warranty. At this point, probably I won't.

Anyway, one could make the arguement that $45K is such a good price he could afford to buy an extended warranty.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:11 PM

Yes I was most definately going to get either an "in house" or extended M-B B2B warranty for atleast 3/36 Pricing for the 3/36 @ that dealership is $3,500.oo

As far as distronic goes... Not this time around. I know it's cool and all, but not a necessity for me, as I spend my time passing people and not so much following.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:57 PM

2008 AMG CLS63
looks pretty clean,but definitely go with the extended warranty with the miles...i got an '08 with 20K miles, p30, p2, no park/distronic and new 2010 p30 wheels/tires in low 60's...and i picked up an ext warranty as well
Old 01-27-2010, 12:11 AM

CLS63
It's an okay deal, but i'd seriously consider an extended warranty. I'd say look into the chrysler warranty everyone on the forum seems to like. I got my car for stupid cheap, needed some color sanding and a good detail, but it had low miles, mechanically fine, new tires, and 80% brake pads left, and recently serviced.

With this car, do not buy it and drive it off the lot till you have driven it several times and had it looked over by a mechanic thoroughly. Food for thought, people have been talking about being charged over $2k for front brakes and rotors. (even w/o p030 package.) Tires will run you at least $1500 if not $2k. Make sure the rims are true and don't vibrate. (sometimes you can't tell until you hit 40+ mph) . Getting wheels straightened will cost you $175-$200 a wheel. And play with every single function to make sure it works. I had some small electronics issues that seemed like a simple fix, but I uncovered some extensive work that needed to be done that wasn't covered by warranty on my car that the dealer agreed to take care off.

Once you drive it off the lot you lose almost all bargaining power. So i'd say come and visit the car a few times, pick out any problems and get them fixed or an agreement in writing for the dealer to get it fixed.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:02 AM

MB cls63 amg
can i fit 380mm brake rotor on my cls 63 amg without changing postons?
Old 11-22-2011, 11:51 AM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG Sold 2010 E550 Coupe totaled '13 SL550 current and loving it!
Dymanic seats arent a make or break option. I got my CLS55 a month ago, put the dynamic seats on and turned them off after like two days and never put them on again.