C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Passenger Window Squeals!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS 55, 2005 Infiniti QX56, 1994 Softail Springer
Passenger Window Squeals!

When opening the front passenger door the window squeals as it goes down. If I roll it down there is a god forsaken squeal the entire time. I have tried lubricating the window with a lube made for rubber window seals to no end. Any suggestions?
Old 06-09-2010, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 55 AMG
Its funny that you mention this... ive had a similar problem with my front drivers window with the same exact sounds

it made a sqeek when i opened the door (due to the fact the window lowers slightly so it does not get caught when closing the door)

it made a continous sqweek when lowering/raising the window

done this for a month... went to lower the window the other day and it went down about half way and all of a sudden i heard a loud clunck noise.... did not sound healthy at all!!!!!! so i slowly raised the window with the same noise reapeating itself - luckley its raised to about 3mm from total closure.... now the window does not open or close but can still hear the window motor running when i hold the window switch down...

gona get it seen to soon... appears that the window has come off whatever it sits on!!!!

getting to the point... i would recommend you get it seen to rather than waiting around like me.... you dont want a minor problem messing up your window rotars or worse!!!