C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

New parts available through RPM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New parts available through RPM

Now that we have our shop car we have been getting some driving time under our belts and we have been doing some testing. One of the things we have been testing is the brakes. We first did tests as the car was delivered to us. The second test we did was with brand new factory rotors, pads and exchanged the brake fluid. There was a marked improvement by replacing the parts on the car (had 60,000 miles) even though the pads and rotors still had good life on them. The biggest improvement came from exchanging the fluid because we have a much firmer pedal and the brakes react much better now.

My biggest problem with these brakes is the brake dust. I want to improve the braking performance without creating brake dust but, at the same time, I don't want to wear the rotors out quicker. I want a high quality brake pad that is quiet and I don't want to have to get the brakes hot for them to work better. There is one company out there that can deliver what I want from my experience and many of you may have never heard of them, Project Mu.

We have just placed an order to have Project Mu pads made for our cars and I should expect them in about a month. Once we get the pads I am going to install some brake lines and do some more testing and release all of our results. From my experience these brake pads have proven to be the most reliable aftermarket high performance brake pads I have ever used. Almost every NASCAR team is using Project Mu brake pads in there cars now.

We measure one thing when testing these brakes, 60-0 stopping distance. We do it with the ABS on and we measure it on both a smooth road and a bumpy road.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and, if I don't know the answer, I will try and find it out for you. Pricing on the front pads is $375.00 and the rear pads are $175.00. We are doing introductory pricing on the first ten sets and we will be selling them at $300.00 and $145.00. They will be available to ship at the end of August. The only thing that I ask is that anyone that purchases the pads at the introductory price to share the experience about how the pads work with the community whether the results are good or bad.