C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

RECOMENDED OIL MOBIL VS PENZOIL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 55 AMG
Smile RECOMENDED OIL MOBIL VS PENZOIL

According to Mercedes benz the recomended oil is Mobil syntetic Formula 0-40 european formula. i can see on the back of the bottle i endorsed by MB. I was wondering if you can use Mobil turbodiesel 5W-40 syntetic. You can purchased at Walmark and Kmart about $26 the 5 quarts.

I Contacted Penzoil for their new Ultra Hyper however the one you can buy easily on stores is 10w-30 or 5w-30. I was told if i need to buy their european formula 5w-40 need to buy from Distrubitors. Anyone has any experience with Penzoil versus the Mobil 1. I was also told that since Exxon got Mobil their syntetic formula is no longer the same.

I need the best oil to use since i change myself.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:15 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 E550 Cab & 2011 GL 550 & 09 VROD Muscle & 06 Seadoo Speedster LE .......
if u have the money...............AMS oil....the best...but pricey..
Old 01-02-2011, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 55 AMG
Originally Posted by UDWANIT2
if u have the money...............AMS oil....the best...but pricey..
Which AMS oil are you using? How long have you used it in the 55 engine? I have been using AMSoil for my Duramax diesel and absolutely love it. On the other hand I have been afraid to use anything but Mobil1 European formula in my car. I have always wondered if there is anything better available then Mobil1 for our engines...?
Old 01-05-2011, 04:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2007 SL55 AMG
I did my first oil change not long after i acquired my e55 and put amsoil in it (euro formula 5w-40). I have not experienced any difference in how the engine runs or anything, however someone on here mentioned that amsoil doesn't meet the mb spec for the lifters and ash content. I'm debating about switching back to m1 0w-40, but I'm not sure yet. Amsoil has never failed me. Oil still comes out with a hint of gold in it each time I do an oil change.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS 55 AMG
Originally Posted by desired_speeds
I did my first oil change not long after i acquired my e55 and put amsoil in it (euro formula 5w-40). I have not experienced any difference in how the engine runs or anything, however someone on here mentioned that amsoil doesn't meet the mb spec for the lifters and ash content. I'm debating about switching back to m1 0w-40, but I'm not sure yet. Amsoil has never failed me. Oil still comes out with a hint of gold in it each time I do an oil change.
I also use amsoil euro formula 5w-40. I have for the past two plus years. I use it in the transmission and differential too. I also use it in all my fleet. Love the stuff.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2007 SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by mercwhip
I also use amsoil euro formula 5w-40. I have for the past two plus years. I use it in the transmission and differential too. I also use it in all my fleet. Love the stuff.
wow you used it in the transmission too? I didn't feel comfortable using it in the trans and opted for the OEM fluid. About the diff, i haven't gotten to that yet. What oil weight did you use for it?
Old 01-05-2011, 10:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS 55 AMG
Originally Posted by desired_speeds
wow you used it in the transmission too? I didn't feel comfortable using it in the trans and opted for the OEM fluid. About the diff, i haven't gotten to that yet. What oil weight did you use for it?
Aside from engine oil, Amsoil offers synthetic transmission fluid, differential oil, antifreeze, break fluid and more. I completely trust the product.