C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Cleaning CLS Interior (dash, seats, etc.)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2011 | 03:41 PM

CLS550
Question Cleaning CLS Interior (dash, seats, etc.)

I have read up a lot of posts/articles about cleaning MB interiors. It seems that a lot of people like the 303 Aerospace Protectant for interior parts and quite a few different things (Mother's, Meguiars, etc.) for cleaning the leather perforated seats. But, I was really trying to find out what everyone uses to clean/protect the dash. Is the dash leather or some other type of material? I almost think that the dash would just need a dusting/wipe-down here and there. Everything looks great with the matte/non-gloss finish so I don't want to use something that will be shiny. What does everyone thinK?
Old 02-17-2011 | 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cls 55 or FIAT Coupe T20v-6speed
Originally Posted by mlb550
I have read up a lot of posts/articles about cleaning MB interiors. It seems that a lot of people like the 303 Aerospace Protectant for interior parts and quite a few different things (Mother's, Meguiars, etc.) for cleaning the leather perforated seats. But, I was really trying to find out what everyone uses to clean/protect the dash. Is the dash leather or some other type of material? I almost think that the dash would just need a dusting/wipe-down here and there. Everything looks great with the matte/non-gloss finish so I don't want to use something that will be shiny. What does everyone thinK?

are you kidding ? top of dash is natural leather, fine leather !!
(that's for CLS 55)

if you aren't going to use OEM products, try first on a hidden place and wait one day to see the result..
happened to me to use on another car some well advertised products that had a bad outcome some time later on another.
While i am not a fan of detailing, the best leather product I tried (out of maybe 3 different) to date is "Gliptone-UK" NOT to be confused with gliptone.com !

for the EXterior I use Menzerna (but not those Menzerna "jackets .." advertised in US which are NOT products originated by Menzerna Germany but are produced upon specific request of their us distributor)

Just for toying I also tried some kind of natural carnauba waxes as Collinite Marqued'E. but in the end maybe I prefer another english mix of bee&carnauba product ...

for Rubber parts I am happy with silicone spray

for Plastic I use a matte-finish product.

as for Alcantara parts, just use a wet towel, or see maintenance instruction on Alcantara.com.

.. just IMHO

Last edited by dyno; 02-18-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-17-2011 | 08:06 PM

CLS55
I use Lexol on all the leather area's about 1 once a month. (Conditioner and Cleaner)
Old 02-18-2011 | 09:25 AM

CLS55
Originally Posted by RRnelcheeze
I use Lexol on all the leather area's about 1 once a month. (Conditioner and Cleaner)
Lexol has left shine on leather in my experience.

leatherique does not if you follow the instructiuons.
Old 02-18-2011 | 09:41 AM

CLS550
I definitely don't want a shine and don't want any type of sticky or slick residue either. Does that 303 protectant leave a residue?
Old 02-18-2011 | 03:23 PM

a toy
Meguiar's leather conditioner. Leaves it soft, deepens the color and leaves no shine or residue.
Old 02-19-2011 | 07:23 AM

---
Originally Posted by Roupin
Meguiar's leather conditioner. Leaves it soft, deepens the color and leaves no shine or residue.
I use Meguiar's as well on all vehicles. Great results!

Quick interior detailing story...
On Wednesday this past week I was driving my CLS63 with the Designo interior. The dash is piano black with black leather, white seats and a black alcantra headliner. I was on the way to the gym with a 25 oz protein shake (with a lid) that was partially frozen, so I was lightly squeezing the sides of the thick plastic shaker cup trying to break up the ice as I normally do. As I'm shaking the container at a stoplight, the entire thing suddenly shatters into about a dozen pieces and sends the sticky vanilla protein shake all down the dash, windshield, all over the headliner (now dripping in my hair and running down my clothes too, all over the vents, NAV display, etc...).

I immediately headed straight home and did a quick detail of the car and everything came out a-okay so far. I used damp microfiber towels to clean off all the sticky residue and Meguiar's leather cleaner/conditioner to take care of the seats and dash. The shake came off the headliner pretty easy with a damp microfiber towel and I used Meguiar's Quick Detailer for some of the other misc parts.

What a nightmare!!