C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

MAF location on 2006 CLS55 AMG...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
MAF location on 2006 CLS55 AMG...

Does anyone know where the MAF is located on the CLS55 AMG (W219)? Mine is having problems starting and running. It began hard starting--when cold would crank until timeout, then after turning key off and back on it would start but run rough for a few seconds (sometimes die).

After a couple days it wouldn't start at all so I changed the Crankshaft Position Sensor. Then it started right up but died after a couple seconds, consistently. I ordered a Crankshaft Position Sensor and in the meantime pinged an online forum and was told the test the MAF.

The instruction was to disconnect the battery for several hours to lose the learned information, then disconnect the MAF, reconnect the battery, and see if she starts. If so then it is a bad MAF.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:24 PM

CLS55 AMG
MAF or MAP?

OK, looking all over the tightly nested beast I find where the MAF might be located but no-can-find. I'm thinking this might be a speed density motor and therefor have a MAP sensor instead.

Now we're on to the next search and I.D.

If anyone has a diagram or can point me to one I'd be very greatful. I've been trying to find it on ALLDATAdiy (I have a subscription) but can't seem to find it.

Anyone?

Old 04-11-2011, 08:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 Ran SRT-10,2007 S550,2016 E400c
Well you map or boost presure sensor in on the pass side of the s/c but it dosent sound like thats your problem... Any cel on ? what are the codes if any ? Sound like a fuel delivery problem in my opinion.. Before you go throwing parts do some checking . first the fuel presure and go from there
Old 04-23-2011, 01:52 PM

CLS55 AMG
Cool Cranking but no fire...

Originally Posted by hcetzneb
Well you map or boost presure sensor...the fuel presure and go from there
Yes, I think you make a good point. I got pulled onto a different path by another; but should have stepped back after the ASE-blah-blah-blah certified mechanic on justanswer.com argued the position sensors and claimed it was a MAF sensor. I guess if this car had a MAF there may have been a chance it was it, huh?

I'm going to try to make it to the base this afternoon and check the fuel pressure.

One thing to note, I can hear the pump running under the back right seat when I turn the key on. The question I have is, should the pump continue to run or run for a few and stop (not cranking, just turned key on and listening)?

Thank you for the response. I appreciate it!