C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

CLS 55AMG any good in the snow?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SRT8
CLS 55AMG any good in the snow?

I am looking at a used 55AMG and was wondering if it is good in the snow with a winter set up? I have read conflicting reports and was hoping to gain some info on this and any other items you can think off.

Thank you

Jules
Old 06-07-2011, 10:29 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
---
I have a CLS63 and I can definitively say that with a good set of winter tires you should be okay. I have 19" Blizzaks mounted on my other set of AMG wheels and it's rock solid in the snow...so far no problems through the last Milwaukee winter.

Don't even bother running summer tires as they'll be similar to hockey pucks once the temps drop below 30F. I **may** have been able to get away with all-seasons last winter, but I've always believed that confidence plays a huge part in your ability to get through the snow and nothing will get you there other than proper tires...or "tyres" for you guys further north and over seas...LOL

Last edited by wasupdu; 06-07-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SRT8
Originally Posted by wasupdu
I have a CLS63 and I can definitively say that with a good set of winter tires you should be okay. I have 19" Blizzaks mounted on my other set of AMG wheels and it's rock solid in the snow...so far no problems through the last Milwaukee winter.

Don't even bother running summer tires as they'll be similar to hockey pucks once the temps drop below 30F. I **may** have been able to get away with all-seasons last winter, but I've always believed that confidence plays a huge part in your ability to get through the snow and nothing will get you there other than proper tires...or "tyres" for you guys further north and over seas...LOL
Thx for the advice on the tires.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Great tyre advice. the new high speed Blizzaks and Hankooks are good choices.

Also, check your owners manual for proper winter setup of suspension, transmission and ABCfor snow and ice.

If it is truly lousy stay home!