HELP!! CLS55 Visit Workshop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
Exclamation HELP!! CLS55 Visit Workshop

Hi Guys

Iv noticed that every time i give my car a hard push or some hard breaking or even randomly e message keeps coming on the instrument cluster saying VISIT WORKSHOP and it displays a picture of the car with an arrow pointing up in the middle of it. The suspension becomes very stiff. After I rasi the car and lower it again and restart it, the message disappears. Im guessing it may have something to do with the suspension.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what it may be?

I'm really scared it may be a big job and i just paid £1612 for a service 3 weeks ago

Last edited by eridon; 07-08-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:47 AM

2005 BLK/BLK E-Double Nickel.
is it saying "car too low"
Old 07-09-2011, 06:11 PM

CLS55
Originally Posted by TopEndS62
is it saying "car too low"
thanks for the reply topend

no it does not say vehicle too low. just visit the workshop. today it hasn't done it under normal driving.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:00 AM

2009 CLS63 AMG + 2003.5 M3 e46
Originally Posted by eridon
thanks for the reply topend

no it does not say vehicle too low. just visit the workshop. today it hasn't done it under normal driving.
Is you car lowered?
Old 07-10-2011, 01:17 PM

CLS55
Originally Posted by curtisG
Is you car lowered?
no its not curtis. its standard factory suspension. the message only appears when i break hard or when im driving on a bumpy road or when i floor it.

when the message appears, the suspension becomes very stiff. i then stop the car switch it off. switch it back on and raise the vehicle with the raise button and the lower it back to normal whilst still and the message disappears and the suspension becomes normal again until next harsh breaking
Old 07-10-2011, 01:24 PM

cls55
I'm not sure where you live, but could you go to an auto parts store that has a free ob2 scanner? Maybe you could pull the code and then someone could help you out on here once you have the code.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:29 PM

CLS55
Originally Posted by keith954
I'm not sure where you live, but could you go to an auto parts store that has a free ob2 scanner? Maybe you could pull the code and then someone could help you out on here once you have the code.
i live the UK Kieth. What kind of code would that be?

i dont have time to go to the bloody dealer for the next couple of weeks because im working abroad as well
Old 07-10-2011, 01:37 PM

cls55
I'm not sure what code it would be but if it says visit workshop then it should tell you whats wrong with a scanner. Here our auto parts stores will scan your car for free so you don't need to go to the dealer.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:47 PM

CLS55
i see. when i get back in the country on wed i shall try that here. thanks for the advice
Old 07-10-2011, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Usually when a car says "Visit Workshop" that means...well...is any explanation from a MB forum required??

Sounds like an airmatic problem. Sensors or pumps, etc. Take the damn thing in and have it checked out.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:38 PM

06 CLS55, 03 BMW M3
I had the same problem, took it in and they said tank wasnt pressurizing fast enough. Had to replace pump and some relay. 700 bucks
Old 07-11-2011, 07:26 PM

CLS55
sounds like an airmatic problem. When I installed my ELM, i forgot to plug in one of the 2 plugs after the install and I got this error, one part Airmatic error and one part display error.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:37 PM

CLS55
Originally Posted by VCA_AMG
Usually when a car says "Visit Workshop" that means...well...is any explanation from a MB forum required??

Sounds like an airmatic problem. Sensors or pumps, etc. Take the damn thing in and have it checked out.
thanks VCA but i think i know what VISIT WORKSHOP means and i dont need you to tell me to go to the dealer ok. if you have some other helpful input tell me but dont was your fingers typing nonsese.

Originally Posted by RRnelcheeze
sounds like an airmatic problem. When I installed my ELM, i forgot to plug in one of the 2 plugs after the install and I got this error, one part Airmatic error and one part display error.
RRnelcheeze thanks for your reply, i get exactly the same picture and same message except it does not say DISPLAY MALFUNCTION but that could be a regional thing.

it could actually be from the MB dealer as they recently did a major service to it and maybe they forgot to connect something to
Old 07-13-2011, 03:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by eridon
thanks VCA but i think i know what VISIT WORKSHOP means and i dont need you to tell me to go to the dealer ok. if you have some other helpful input tell me but dont was your fingers typing nonsese.

Oh, judging from your original post, I thought you had reading comprehension problems. An arrow pointing up on the dash, combined with suspension issues that you can feel, combined with a message that reads "Visit Workshop" is usually self explanatory for most car guys. I intended my post to be very helpful, as I assumed you had been dropped on your head as a child and possibly couldn't compute what your car was trying to tell you. One time, my car displayed a message that said, "Oil Service Due," and I asked on this forum what it meant, like you did, because I didn't quite get it and was looking for "helpful input." Granted, I was extremely drunk that night and had an incredible contact-high from the concert I had attended earlier in the day, and was essentially brain dead. You maybe can relate.

So anyway, visit your dealer.