C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

CLS55 vs CLS63 (w219) reliability ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C36 AMG 1996 black on black
CLS55 vs CLS63 (w219) reliability ?

Hi, I'm considering changing my C36 in the next few years and I'm the type of person that ask a LOT of questions and a LONG time before changing, because I want to be sure of my choice.

right now, I'm looking at the CLS AMG (once you're in the AMG club you can't get back like they say)

and I was wondering the reliability of those 2 cars.

First of all, this is going to be my Daily drive on Summers.

also, I know it's not a winter car, but I'm in Montreal, Québec so I might be considering taking it out on winter. I'm not heavy on the gaz pedal, but I wonder even if I careful, will it kill me ?

next, like I said, it will be my daily, so in both cases, is one more reliable than the other ?

and in general, I heard that the 5.5 is a lot more rought than the 6.2 (in terms of acceleration, is it true ?) Because I might think about doing some modifications, like ECU, Exhaust, Pulley, ect. I noticed that you can get much more power on the 5.5L than the 6.2.

For modifications I was thinking of going for either the K8 package or to see Kleeman or Renntech. After thoses modifications does it make the car less reliable ?

also if you guys have any comments to make on both cars, feel free, I need as much information as I can get.

Thanks