C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Havoc's 3rd AMG - 2008 CLS63 P030

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
White S63 AMG W/Designo Interior
i bought a CLS 550 diamond white edition 6 months ago..boston foreign motors...im very happy with purchase....car was spotless...good luck.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
White S63 AMG W/Designo Interior
congrats
Old 10-29-2011, 06:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Originally Posted by backdoc7
LOL.. congrats on the CLS.. I didn't realize the P030 added all those features.. looks awesome man.. get home safe and enjoy!
Thanks backdoc7!

Yeah, I really like the additional Performance Packages and how they're a step above in performance. But I'm sold on just the AMG leather/Alcantara steering wheel and the 19" AMG dual-spoke multi-piece sterling silver wheels!

Thanks for the kind words!

Originally Posted by VCA_AMG
Lookin good!
Thanks bro!

Originally Posted by _AMG_
Very nice way to complete the collection.
Enjoy the new beast!!
Thanks AMG!

It is a very nice way to complete my collection and I most certainly will enjoy this new beast!
Old 10-29-2011, 06:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Originally Posted by S500 Man
i bought a CLS 550 diamond white edition 6 months ago..boston foreign motors...im very happy with purchase....car was spotless...good luck.
Originally Posted by S500 Man
congrats
Thanks S500 Man!

Glad to hear that you're happy with your purchase from them. I'm lucky that they're willing to work with me and hold it for me until I return stateside. I doubt it would still be available by the time I return in January. And congrats on the diamond white edition CLS 500, she's a beauty!

Last edited by Havoc; 10-29-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:04 AM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
Havoc"s New CLS

Havoc . Great Car & I'm envious !! , But More than That , I want to thank you for you service to this great nation of, The United States Of America. Your unparalleled dedication and willingness to put your life on the line to preserve what our fore fathers worked & fought for , STANDS tall with the True Americans and helps us get through rough times. I stand In The Shadow of a truly LARGE MAN. May You and your Family be Blessed with all good things in life.
Patrick T. _PTEngineering

Man I hate debriefings. . The last frontal Lobotomy / Should have been a Bottle in Front of me

Last edited by PTE; 10-29-2011 at 09:08 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by PTE
Havoc . Great Car & I'm envious !! , But More than That , I want to thank you for you service to this great nation of, The United States Of America. Your unparalleled dedication and willingness to put your life on the line to preserve what our fore fathers worked & fought for , STANDS tall with the True Americans and helps us get through rough times. I stand In The Shadow of a truly LARGE MAN. May You and your Family be Blessed with all good things in life.
Patrick T. _PTEngineering

Man I hate debriefings. . The last frontal Lobotomy / Should have been a Bottle in Front of me
Hey Pat, thanks for the kind words and your support. I appreciate that buddy!

I'm just blessed to be in the position I'm currently in and have the opportunity to serve. My job is demanding, but it's the interesting and challenging aspect of it that keeps me going. Of course I don't think of the what if's, but I definitely get motivated when thinking of what our fore fathers worked & fought so hard for, that's for damn sure! And when I think of the 4,481 US Soldiers Killed and 32,195 Seriously Wounded here in the Main AO, well lets just say that I'm appreciative that I'll still be deploying here years from now!

btw.. Thanks for making the 55 cams for us! Perhaps you can work your magic on some 63 cams??
Old 11-21-2011, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Engine Heat Shields missing??

Boston Foreign Motors sent the car out for a full inspection by their local mechanic and he found that all the heat shields around the engine are missing. This has me concerned especially since it's not a Mercedes-Benz Certified vehicle. They are taking my suggestion and bringing it to a MB dealership to have a MB tech inspect it. The service history states that a Cylinder Head gasket was replaced by Mercedes of Miami. I'm just not sure why the heat shields were removed to begin with. I'm waiting on the MB tech's findings.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This deal is off!

Boston Foreign Motor did not hold the car for me and in a way I’m glad, but the way they went around doing it was very sketchy. They not only sold the car after I sent them a check for it, but they kept lying to me for over a month saying that they were trying to fix issues with it knowing that they had already sold it. WTF!!

I noticed a few days ago that this exact car (2008 CLS63 AMG VIN# WDDDJ77X98A123687) is now listed for sale in Rockville, MD. I contacted this dealer and they confirmed the VIN# and that they actually have the car, it is still for sale, and it is not at Boston Foreign Motor in MA or at a MB dealership being inspected.

Upon looking at their updated CARFAX history report, I realize that Boston Foreign Motor actually sold it to an auction the very next day after they received my check for the car. I also noticed on the updated CARFAX that the service record on 12/03/2009 at 22,628 miles changed from having a Cylinder Head Gasket replaced to it now saying that it had an Intake Manifold Gasket replaced. This finding has me very concerned as this dealer is hiding known service work. Very sketchy!

I emailed my sales rep at Boston Foreign Motor asking why he is saying that the car is being inspected at an MB dealership for missing heat shields when in fact they sold it over a month ago. I also requested a refund. It’s been 2 weeks and he has yet to reply to me, though he has replied speedily before. Shocking! I wonder how long he would have kept up with this game if I never found the car for sale.

I then contacted the General Manager and he finally admitted that the car was sold “as is” due to extensive mechanical work needed and the concern of a lot of safety items like missing heat shields in the engine compartment and a long list of electrical issues. I’m glad to hear that they take their customers safety very seriously and did not want to cause me any trouble in future and are sorry for all the inconvenience they have caused me during this time. However, a little bit of honesty would have went a long way and therefore I will never do business with this dealer again. He also stated that they are ready to refund my money. Yeah, No $hiz!

I would stay clear from this vehicle (2008 CLS63 AMG VIN# WDDDJ77X98A123687)!

My search continues, but this time only Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned..