Pump noise in trunk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS 55 AMG
Pump noise in trunk

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this site and in need of some help. I own a 2006 Mercedes CLS 55 AMG and shortly after some unrelated repairs at the dealership I noticed an electric pump noise in the left side of my trunk area, after some research I found out it is the pneumatic pump that controls the dynamic seats and possibly other features. With the ignition on or engine running every 20-30 seconds you can hear a clicking noise in each of the front seats followed by the pneumatic pump being activated. My question is if anyone ran into this issue or know of a common problem that causes this issue and can help me figure this out.
Thanks in advance
Eylon
Old 12-12-2011, 11:47 PM

cls 55
Exclamation pump noise

hey i Have the same problem it started to come four months after i bought the car then i noticed that my dynamic seats dont work any more and the dealer is likely to take too much money trying to find local shop
Old 12-13-2011, 12:00 AM

2006 CLS 55 AMG
Originally Posted by cls55AMG 916
hey i Have the same problem it started to come four months after i bought the car then i noticed that my dynamic seats dont work any more and the dealer is likely to take too much money trying to find local shop
Fortunately the guy I bought the car from had bought extended warranty so I had the dealer fix it for me. It ended up being a bad leaky pump, there is an updated version of the pump now and I think it's around $700 from the dealer but I'm sure you can find it cheaper on eBay or online somewhere. It's easy to replace but needs to be reprogrammed!