C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Vibration on my 63....help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes 2007 CLS 63 AMG, 2000 Southern Comfort Expedition, 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8, 09 BMW 650I
Vibration on my 63....help

Ok.....so I hit a pothole and crack one of my wheels. I put air in the tire and drove it to the tire place. The car drove fine going there even on the crack rim. I gave them 4 new rims to put on. They call me right before the shop was about to close to tell me they couldn't put the back rims on cause wire was showing. Well, there was no wire showing but it's to late cause the tire place is closed. So I have two wheels that are new along with my old wheels on the back(thank god they are identical). But now the car vibrates at 80 mph or greater....and the turns feel tight. Can anyone tell me why my baby is doing this now? Is it balancing or what?
Thanks in advance guys!!!
Old 02-12-2012, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLS55 AMG
If it wasn't doing it before you had the fronts changed it sounds like a balancing problem to me. I'd get back down there and get them to check it out.
I don't understand why the turns feel tight though. Possibly if your front tyres were just about on the limit and you've got new rubber maybe you're getting more grip!