C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

My CLS build continues.......body kit, wheels, and more power!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS 55 AMG, FX45, F-350, Top Secret Widebody Supra (Sold) and other vehicles on another Planet
Originally Posted by Kelvin07
wow!, ur dads wheels are sick!, who makes them?, size, model?
Kelvin, my dad's wheels are Vellano VSO with a brushed aluminum face and color matched black accents on the inner spokes and ring. Lips are also chrome. Sizes are 20x11 rear and 20x9.5 fronts. Gorgeous wheels that's for sure!

Originally Posted by E-SICKTY3
Yes, it is very rare. But it looks great, especially on a highly modded car
Can't wait to see your wheels on.

Btw, your dad's CLS55 is clean too.

NICE NICE
Thanks bro. I appreciate the kind words! = ) It took me a while to find this color. I had to fly all the way to Biloxi just to get it.

Originally Posted by TopEndS62
Interested to see the kit on your dads black cls55..

Nice build
Thanks man! He is definitely excited to get this kit on. He's been counting the days of when the transporter arrives and drops it off LOL.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:05 PM

CLS 55 AMG, FX45, F-350, Top Secret Widebody Supra (Sold) and other vehicles on another Planet
Alrighty, a quick update. I've been hush about the wheels I'm getting and wanted to wait until I was closer to receiving them before I gave any details. I got my tracking number for my wheels on Tuesday! Here is what I am going with. It's the iForged Equip V3 Concave wheels. The wheel face will be brushed aluminum with a tint on it. When the light hits it directly, it doesn't show much of a tint and just looks almost like a brushed aluminum color. When there's less light, the wheel will look like a medium grey brushed aluminum. The wheel will also have a chrome lip. Here's a preview of the front wheel that my friend Vincent from iForged sent me. Waiting sucks!!!! Hurry up Friday!

Here is an iForged Equip V3 with regular brushed aluminum and chrome.

Here's a preview of mine in its final finish. This is the front wheel.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
Those wheels are dead sexy...the CLS offsets are incredible! I'm really looking forward to seeing your finished product. It's going to be amazing, for sure.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:28 PM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG Sold 2010 E550 Coupe totaled '13 SL550 current and loving it!
Car looks insane! awesome choice of mods from power to body just curious why you choose a chrome lip on the wheels since you took all the chrome off the rest of the car? great build cant wait to see more pics!
Old 05-10-2012, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 CLS63 PP, '16 Huracan , '11 RR Ghost
Nice wheels man! Love it. How long did you wait for those wheels?
Old 06-04-2012, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by BK63amg
Those wheels are dead sexy...the CLS offsets are incredible! I'm really looking forward to seeing your finished product. It's going to be amazing, for sure.
Thanks for all your support brotha!

Originally Posted by griza
Car looks insane! awesome choice of mods from power to body just curious why you choose a chrome lip on the wheels since you took all the chrome off the rest of the car? great build cant wait to see more pics!
Thanks bro! That's actually a very good question. I chose a chrome lip because I wanted only one big contrast and when I see deep lips on wheels it just looks awesome if done right. With the concavity covering parts of the lip, I figured the reflection would look cool if it's in park and even more unique when it's rolling. I really wanted the wheels to stand out and showcase the concave cuts, wheel finish, the angles and grooves whether looking directly at it or in the reflection of the lip. I've always been a fan of polished and chrome lips. = )

Originally Posted by E-SICKTY3
Nice wheels man! Love it. How long did you wait for those wheels?
Thanks man! The wheels took approximately 7 weeks give or take. I never realized just how much more of a lengthy process it was to machine Concave faces. I definitely have a better understanding to why they are a bit more in terms of cost for all wheel brands that make forged Concave style wheels. It's quite a procedure.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:05 PM

Instead of having another thread just for my wheels, I went ahead and just copied and pasted the other photos in here to just keep it to one thread for the build.

After weeks and weeks of patiently waiting, my new wheels finally arrived! A special thanks to my long time industry friend Vincent Wong, owner of iForged Wheels/Forgestar Wheels for hooking me up with a killer set of wheels! I went with a deep concave set up. I'm a fan of fat lips on wheels and I'm also a fan of concave wheels so I opted for a combination of the two. Fat lip + Concave spokes = Happy Chris!

The spokes finish is a brushed aluminum with a few shades of tint on it. I love the tint on the spokes because in bright daylight, the spokes look like a medium grey shade of brushed aluminum and in dark light/evening, the spokes look almost like gunmetal. The spokes are accompanied by a chrome lip. My car color changes during certain times of the day and now my wheels do too! I can't wait to put these on my CLS! Enough of my rambling. Here are the pictures!

HUB rings were thrown in the box by accident and arent needed. I took this pic out of excitement and forgot to toss the rings out before I snapped the photo.

A few photos of them on the car. Lighting was bad in these photos so I'll re-do the pics. I was in such a rush that I even forgot the center cap on the front wheel LOL. I'm working on setting up a real photoshoot as well. Thanks!

BTW, the wheels are iForged Equip V3 - 20x9 & 20x11. Tires are Hankooks 255/30/20 & 305/25/20.

Last edited by cmusngi; 06-04-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:32 PM

Designo Brilliant Black Paint W219
SICK
Old 06-04-2012, 05:39 PM

Haven't had a chance to post updates. I've just been so busy. I did a few more exterior mods/additions that I haven't posted yet but I will once I get a chance to snap the photos. Here's a tiny update.

New looped fuel rail arrived courtesy of Steve of Fabtech Performance!

Carbon Fiber Engine cover from Chris at CK Carbon Imports! I can't for my carbon fiber python intake tubes to arrive from him!

Got the Dash head unit faceplate and bracket painted gloss black instead of matte plastic look.

My dad wanted a screen in his car so he asked for mine. I just removed my current Kenwood DNX9960 and just installed it in his CLS55. I am replacing mine with this Kenwood DNX9990HD.

I'm not taking any risks in ruining my new front bumper so I'm installing a front cam so my mind will be at ease. The rear cam has helped a lot. A front one is a must especially with a fiberglass front.

I blew my center channel speaker and just replaced it with this tiny one . My little 3-year old boy watches movies in the car so retaining the center channel was a must.

BONUS! My dad just picked up his CLS55 from the body shop this past weekend. He had the full Prior Design Kit installed as well. I'll post more in another thread once I get the chance to head to his house and snap some photos. Here's a sneak peak of it in the middle of it being finished last week!

Last edited by cmusngi; 06-04-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:52 PM

Designo Brilliant Black Paint W219
I am replacing mine with this Kenwood DNX9990HD.
[/QUOTE]

You might as well upgrade to comand NTG 2.5 HDD. It will harmonise more with the concept of the car than any after market unit.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB; 55KCL AMG, SL550 SLS AMG G500 Cabrio 280SL ML350 CLS550 ML500 E55 AMG CL500 S600 SLK32 AMG
Not crazy about the Granite Grey color, but good job on all the mods
Old 06-04-2012, 09:48 PM

a bunch of fast $h!t
Nice job ! It looks absolutely gorgeous !!
Old 06-28-2012, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by mcobinad
You might as well upgrade to comand NTG 2.5 HDD. It will harmonise more with the concept of the car than any after market unit.
Comand here in the U.S. for the W219 is subpar at best. The new screen I bought has some awesome features that I'll list in a post below. I would have loved to keep the factory Comand or even go with Euro Comand, but I didn't want to lose SiriusXM radio and Comand head units in general just lack the things that I want in a head unit.

Originally Posted by HPJunkie
Nice job ! It looks absolutely gorgeous !!
Thanks man! I appreciate it!

Originally Posted by zneB-sedecreM
Not crazy about the Granite Grey color, but good job on all the mods
Thanks bro! This is definitely a unique color. It literally has a mind of it's own. Depending on what time of the day, my car color changes 2 different colors. It changes from greyish blue to a dolphin grey. In broad daylight you see more of the greyish blue tone. The sun really brings out the pearls in the paint. In the evening or in the shade it looks like a dolphin grey. This is a pic of my car in a parking garage in dolphin grey mode lol.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:41 PM

It's been a while since I posted any updates. Been busy with so many things lately. Here are a few small updates! My interior is quite dusty and dirty in these photos since I took the photos after the install so please ignore the dust and other junk in the background

Installed the new screen with the paint matched dash kit (faceplate)

Hello Rear back up camera!

Hello newly installed hidden Front bumper camera! (still need to make some adjustments on the positioning)

This new screen and the technology it packs is simply amazing! Video and Music streaming anywhere we go! (when connected to the iPhone)

A little something that's in the works. The fit and finish on these LED DRLs is spot on and will look OEM.

Can't wait to install this new UPD Supercharger Pulley!

Last edited by cmusngi; 06-28-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
More more!!!!
Old 06-30-2012, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 CLS500 with 55 AMG motor, 2008 Infiniti G35, 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager
Nice build ! Keep up the good work
Old 07-06-2012, 02:16 PM

2005 BLK/BLK E-Double Nickel.
very nice!!!! anymore pics of your Dad's black one??
Old 07-06-2012, 02:27 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
CLS550 AMG Pkg.
new dash is lookin great with the Kenwood HU...tuned to see engine bay pics when all the CF is in
Old 07-26-2012, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Alexbenz
More more!!!!
More is definitely coming!

Originally Posted by khelawanb
Nice build ! Keep up the good work
Thanks bro! I take that as a huge compliment coming from you. You've set a lot of trends for our platform. How's the motor running? Any new plans for your ride?

Originally Posted by TopEndS62
very nice!!!! anymore pics of your Dad's black one??
Thanks man! I'll post some pics of his in just a bit.

Originally Posted by M1RAG3
new dash is lookin great with the Kenwood HU...tuned to see engine bay pics when all the CF is in
Thanks brotha! I just got some more CF stuff in and putting it in this weekend. I'll post pics soon.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:26 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,416 Likes on 2,855 Posts
2012 CLS63
more info on where you get your CF parts done?
Old 07-27-2012, 07:44 AM

2006 Lexus GS300, 2007 Lexus GS350
A true modifier through and through. You're my hero.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 CLS500 with 55 AMG motor, 2008 Infiniti G35, 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager
Originally Posted by cmusngi

Thanks bro! I take that as a huge compliment coming from you. You've set a lot of trends for our platform. How's the motor running? Any new plans for your ride?

Thank you . The motor is doing well, and really changed the car . Working on a new stereo set up right now, and I might change my front bumper to the new Wald black bison. Loving your new front bumper as well. Just need a change to make the car feel new again. Thanks again for the compliment
Old 07-29-2012, 01:54 AM

Chevy Cavalier(206,000 miles)
Any updates on the LED?
Old 07-30-2012, 10:10 AM

SL63
Very clean upgrades !
Old 10-04-2012, 04:06 PM

CLS55
I'm close to pulling the trigger on an aftermarket screen. Possibly a Kenwood like yours. Were you able to retain steering wheel control? Thx!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My CLS build continues.......body kit, wheels, and more power!