Where can we get them?
Which ones look the best? (country's)
How much are they going to cost?
And is it going to look tacky?

Anyone interested? Or is it just me?
Old 06-24-2012, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 CLS63 AMG
Well Dubai is always good. Dubai is like the Vegas of the middle east. Kuwait is okay. Qatar is also nice. Saudi and Egypt have too much going on right now politically and they aren't really known for their westernization and you may get some weird looks. Honestly, I'd go w/ Dubai (United Arab Emirates). Definitely spending a few days in Dubai the next time I'm in the area but I can't ever recall stumbing upon a 'license plate shop', haha. You can find anything on ebay. Oh - and the plate we saw in that picture had 100 or something on it. Also FYI, anything 500 (plate #) and under is usually royalty and above the law out there. Crazy..
Old 06-24-2012, 07:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W219 CLS63
Originally Posted by phemerlein
Well Dubai is always good. Dubai is like the Vegas of the middle east. Kuwait is okay. Qatar is also nice. Saudi and Egypt have too much going on right now politically and they aren't really known for their westernization and you may get some weird looks. Honestly, I'd go w/ Dubai (United Arab Emirates). Definitely spending a few days in Dubai the next time I'm in the area but I can't ever recall stumbing upon a 'license plate shop', haha. You can find anything on ebay. Oh - and the plate we saw in that picture had 100 or something on it. Also FYI, anything 500 (plate #) and under is usually royalty and above the law out there. Crazy..
Hahaha, Thank you for putting out the information!.....but, I kinda already knew this

Oh, and about the numbers thing- definitely, anyone in those numbers are untouchable.

Ive been to Dubai a few times and it is quite nice, but the place just doesnt really have a soul if you know what I mean. Like when I go to London or Amsterdam, or Paris, or New York , theres always something "special" about the place. Not that Dubai or the U.A.E. isnt special. It sure as hell is with having the tallest building in the world and some of the richest people in the world. But it just doesnt "feel special." The vibe you get from other areas is much more special than when you go to Dubai. I feel as if though its just another city.

But, putting all that aside, which one do you think "looks" best. The only one I can see in my head right now is the Dubai one.. And that looks pretty decent.

But obviously theres not a market for Middle Eastern plates.. so itll be tough to get em'.... and I obviously want a cool number...
Old 06-24-2012, 07:39 PM

08 CLS63 AMG
Yeah I'd definitely say Dubai. Besides I doubt anyone will question you about it. I'll be there in 3 or so months. I should be there for a couple days and i'll do some research and try to track something down before I get to town. I'll see what I can do.

The soul thing - WELL SAID. I couldn't agree more. Everywhere you go there's something special/unique. I think dubai is just so new and built to accommodate the world's wealthier travelers (even tho 80% of the country are laborers) so it lacks that uniqueness or specific style. Anyway - long story short, I'll see what I can find.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:49 PM

W219 CLS63
Yeah I'd definitely say Dubai. Besides I doubt anyone will question you about it. I'll be there in 3 or so months. I should be there for a couple days and i'll do some research and try to track something down before I get to town. I'll see what I can do.

The soul thing - WELL SAID. I couldn't agree more. Everywhere you go there's something special/unique. I think dubai is just so new and built to accommodate the world's wealthier travelers (even tho 80% of the country are laborers) so it lacks that uniqueness or specific style. Anyway - long story short, I'll see what I can find.
Mmmk, sweet! Im not in a rush to get these..... so Ill wait until you get first hand details on these.

And about the laborers thing- Yes. its sad to see how there are such huge extremes to poverty in the country and then the rich in the country. It just doesnt make sense. But the place itself is definitely not a boring place. Its just as fun as any other major city, just without the "soul" or "specialty" thing we were talking about....

So are you just gonna go there for a visit or something business related? Sounds like you are doing other things as well.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
Ebay
Old 06-24-2012, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'13 CLS63 PP
Here you go

http://www.licenseplates.tv/united-a...se-plates.html
Old 06-24-2012, 08:07 PM

08 CLS63 AMG
Holy crap! Thank you Faris63.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:00 AM

W219 CLS63
Originally Posted by Faris63
WOOOH! Thanks Faris!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:18 PM

08 CLS63 AMG
NOW for the question - what steps are needed to actually use that plate in the rear?? I know you can use euro plates if the vehicle is a 'temporary import' but haven't researched it further.. Anyone know someone who's done it? Cost estimate?
Old 06-25-2012, 02:15 PM

W219 CLS63
NOW for the question - what steps are needed to actually use that plate in the rear?? I know you can use euro plates if the vehicle is a 'temporary import' but haven't researched it further.. Anyone know someone who's done it? Cost estimate?
I hadnt really thought about that until now, seems interesting. I have a feeling that you cant do this though. I was just thinking about putting this in the front.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:29 PM

08 CLS63 AMG
This is common w/ a lot of the Bull Run and Gumball Rally guys. They will have their car shipped in from where ever w/ their plates from back home. They need to fill out 'temp import' paperwork or something and their back home plate just carries over. The article I read says folks get pulled over all the time because the popo think it's illegal until they have hands on the paperwork. Hmmm.. Actually a gumball rally forum may be a good place to find some answers.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:15 PM

W219 CLS63
But then again.... we would be using custom plates, and neither of our cars are imported....
Old 06-25-2012, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Good for the front for those of us in states that don't require a front plate. But again, I don't want a front plate.