C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

CLS55 "seat air-con" aviable in the AMG? Other tips needed too

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fast
CLS55 "seat air-con" aviable in the AMG? Other tips needed too

Time for my very first AMG and it seems its going to be a CLS55, mostly since the new bi-turbo model goes for 170k€ and the n/a 63 at 90-100k€ due to our country's taxation while the 55 sits nicely at 60 or so...

Anyways, some questions:
Seat air-con: Most come with black leather so its hot and i'l be parking it directly under the sun most of the time. Does the 55AMG have seat air-con aviable? I have the new W204 C180cdi facelift with seat air-con and i'm totaly loving it.

ESP off: the E55 and my 06 E-class have an ESP you cant turn off COMPLETELY, it still cuts the power and hits the front breaks. There is "Dyno-mode" but that kills the ABS on my E-class too. Does the CLS55 have this issue too? Is there any way to modify the ESP?

Winter: i'l be driving the car in the winter too. Anyone have any experience on the matter? My E-class is just horrid, mostly due to the ESP an example
Corner with lights, half iced, up-hill, ESP-off: ESP cuts power regardless, my side front tire in the dry, other on ice. Front locks up when wheelspin kicks in, car spins around the on-dry-road-corner and a Q7 hits both my drivers side doors...
ESP on its just stuck, in dyno-mode it slowly crawls up with a bit off wheelspin.
Mine is E420 so wheelspin in the icy winter roads will not stop just by lifting your foot off the pedal.

A good year?: if im not mistaken, CLS55 goes from 05 to 07 or so... Any particular difference in these? Facelift turned it into 63 or am i mistaken?

Optionals: im going for the 030 performance package but is there any other optionals i should go for? Kinda dislike sat-navs.
I'l be giving it proper AMG-treatmen as in trackdays so the P30 pack's LSD comes in handy.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
(SOLD) 05 E55 Estate. 11 Golf TDi
Yes, they have the seat cooler option, they don't work very well.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:34 PM

Fast
Umm... How so?
Salesman in the local dealer had ac-seats in hes non-amg and said they were great. Didnt know about amg-version since the seats are different, cant be worse atleast.

Anyone ever seen any mods to the ESP? Looking back a sertain mb-meeting with a surpricing number of Carlson, Kleeman and even Brabuss tuned mercs, most had issues with the ESP.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
(SOLD) 05 E55 Estate. 11 Golf TDi
Well, they're not really "AC", they're fans that blow air through the perforated leather, and not very well.

The salesman told you they work really well because he wants you to buy a car from him.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
Yeah you can barely feel it....you can surely hear it but ehhh hardly use it unless its a hot *** day, where it helps a little.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:08 PM

Fast
That salesman wasnt giving me a "sales-speech" as hes was worth over 100k€ at the time so WAY out of my league.

There is noticable age-difference between the CLS55 and my current company-car-C180 but the C-class has a noticable "tube" going into the seat and pumping cold air into to It. Once the AC is not on, as in cut the ignition, i can hear the fans fire up.

I'd be happy with the fans alone tho...

But back to the ESP. My own E-class is similar age and shares more similarities too so im even willing to use it as a quinea-pig if there is any ESP-mods out there.