C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Transmission won't go into gear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 03:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
1994 S420 RIP (2/8/13), 06 CLS55, 02 ML55, 94 TT Supra, 89 Maserati 228, 911 Porsche Carerra
Transmission won't go into gear

I recently purchased a 2006 CLS 55 AMG with approximately 64k. The trans (722.6) was acting a little strangely and after the admission by MB that the fluid needed to be changed every thirty thousand miles I decided to change the fluid and filter. Purchased Shell ATF 134 a fresh filter and of course new gasket. Dropped the pan and the oil looked ok. Not discolored but not red. Obviously OEM. I saw no issues within in the pan nothing gray in the bottom and no broken pieces or parts. Reassembled the pan and then added three quarts and started the car. Not much more than that came out when I dropped the pan because the converter has no plug and can't be drained. Checked it cold and added a half a quart then checked it at 80 degrees Celsius and finished it up right to the line on my transmission stick. Car will not go into gear. NO reverse no forward. Could the stick be inaccurate? I put 3 quarts back in does the car require more? Most american trans require 10 or more quarts. Help!! I don't know what could have happened I've done this a million times before on other cars with no issues. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks