C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Headlight burned out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CLS55
Headlight burned out

My passenger headlight just burned out. What is a good source to get a quality replacement? I don't want some cheap ebay knockoff but don't want to pay dealer prices. Can I just replace the one headlight or will it not match up with the other aged headlight?

Finally is there a DIY for the bulb replacement?

If it matters my car has 8k headlights....

Thanks

Tom
Old 11-13-2013, 05:54 PM

CLS55 AMG
Here you go brotha !
http://www.amazon.com/Kensun-Xenon-Replacement-Bulbs-Colors/dp/B004ZUS6CK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384383151&sr=8-1&keywords=Kensun+HID+Xenon+Replacement+Bulbs+%22All+Sizes+and+Colors%22+-+D2S http://www.amazon.com/Kensun-Xenon-Replacement-Bulbs-Colors/dp/B004ZUS6CK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384383151&sr=8-1&keywords=Kensun+HID+Xenon+Replacement+Bulbs+%22All+Sizes+and+Colors%22+-+D2S
+-

There is a drop down box to choose size and color. had mine in now for over 8 months and there great ! used the same company on my ZO6 lights.

And as far as the how to this is the best i could put togther.
Im 6'5 and 260lbs with giant monkey paws and i can get in there ... granted its TIGHT but it works.

Ok so for the drivers side you need to unscrew your coolant tank and swing her to the side. First remove the air intake ducting. After that there are water/ dust covers over the hole that turn counter clock wise. Twist those off. Once open you can clearly see the igniter attached to the HID DS2 bulb. Remove that. ****NOTE*** Once removed a little yellowish tan tab pops up inside the igniter where the wires run from the ballast to it. You have to move it to the left side and push back( i really tiny flat head does the trick) when reinstalling the cable / wire. Once off, there are what appears to be a metal prong like device that holds the HID bulb in place. squueze them together and up NOT TO HARD but just enough to feel them move and up. Once done your good to go !

The Passenger side is the same way just minus the coolant tank ! Good luck man !! Its a pain in the *** but well worth the 200$ labor chargers youll rack up ! A few beers and some music and you should do fine !!
Old 11-13-2013, 11:12 PM

06 CLS55
Originally Posted by whyask
Here you go brotha !
http://www.amazon.com/Kensun-Xenon-R...olors%22+-+D2S+-

There is a drop down box to choose size and color. had mine in now for over 8 months and there great ! used the same company on my ZO6 lights.

And as far as the how to this is the best i could put togther.
Im 6'5 and 260lbs with giant monkey paws and i can get in there ... granted its TIGHT but it works.

Ok so for the drivers side you need to unscrew your coolant tank and swing her to the side. First remove the air intake ducting. After that there are water/ dust covers over the hole that turn counter clock wise. Twist those off. Once open you can clearly see the igniter attached to the HID DS2 bulb. Remove that. ****NOTE*** Once removed a little yellowish tan tab pops up inside the igniter where the wires run from the ballast to it. You have to move it to the left side and push back( i really tiny flat head does the trick) when reinstalling the cable / wire. Once off, there are what appears to be a metal prong like device that holds the HID bulb in place. squueze them together and up NOT TO HARD but just enough to feel them move and up. Once done your good to go !

The Passenger side is the same way just minus the coolant tank ! Good luck man !! Its a pain in the *** but well worth the 200$ labor chargers youll rack up ! A few beers and some music and you should do fine !!
Thanks for the help. Do these bulbs age at all? In other words will the 2 bulbs not match in color or intensity if I just replace the burnt out bulb?

Thanks,

Tom
Old 11-14-2013, 11:35 PM
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
C63 Coupe
Definitely get both! You should look into a goo quality bulb like Philips vs a cheapo amazon/eBay bulb though. I have run the Philips Ultinons 6k in 3 diff cars & love the crap out of them, pricey but worth it.