ONGOING MAINTENANCE?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 CLS63s AMG
Post ONGOING MAINTENANCE?

Hey guys,
I've been driving my 2010 CLS63 AMG for less than a month now, and I couldn't love it more!

It was serviced by the MB dealer I bought it from prior to delivery (including transmission service and realignment), and the next appointment is in another 14k km.
However, I would like to know what ongoing maintenance I should perform (Daily, Weekly or monthly??) to keep the car in a great shape.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. the car has almost 60k km on it now.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
keep a couple grand in your bank account or buy an extended warranty. There is lurking a possible tranny issue.
Old 08-08-2015, 01:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
1994 S420 RIP (2/8/13), 06 CLS55, 02 ML55, 94 TT Supra, 89 Maserati 228, 911 Porsche Carerra
The tranny issue is generally the result of poor/no maintenance and for the most part it's a conductor plate that is made of plastic that warps/cracks from heat causing a limp mode although sometimes the 13 pin socket has two O rings inside and the main one will leak over time causing it to wick up to the TCM. If one goes bad both are generally replaced. If you do not have accurate service records then you need to start with the tranny and do a fluid/filter change. Notice I did not say a flush! Drop the pan, change the filter, clean out the bottom of the pan, put in the new gasket inspect the 13 pin socket for leakage and if no leaks button it up. Those 5 speeds can take on significant power and torque and are bulletproof if properly maintained. That's why if you order an 06 CLS you get a 7 speed but if you order an 06 CLS55 AMG you get a 5 speed. Lots of new OEM parts on EBay. Then change all the fluids (radiator, brake, rear) so that you Know the last maintenance because you did it. Then have the car scanned and if you get any codes post them and we will check them out. These cars are not scary but are sophisticated and a high grade scanner along with an Alldata DIY and or a WIS is a must. Maintenance is the key unless you can afford to buy an extended warranty or repair the breakdown and collateral damage coming from the failure. Good luck