C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

New member introduction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS 55 AMG
New member introduction

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself to you all. I am a fan of Mercedes AMG cars and I have owned 2 in my life. I previously owned a 2005 C55 AMG which as a result of the tranny slipping and the rear diff going, I very sadly had to get ride of when she had around 200,000 miles on her. I purchased a 2006 CLS 55 AMG, Silver with black, all factory options except for the P30 package, Distronic, Sat radio, and bluetooth. I purchased the car around a year ago from an MB dealer in Chicago. Car is pristine. One owner vehicle and had around 34k miles on it when I bought her, she now has 53k miles and has not missed a beat! Car runs beautifully and while she is MUCH faster than my previous C55, she has so far been just as reliable! I love the M113/M113K AMG 55 motor. I truly believe it is one of the finest engines MB and AMG have ever produced. From my previous experience of putting 180k miles on the C55 (bought it used with 20k miles on it) I cannot speak highly enough about the quality and reliability of these cars, the key as I am sure you all know is to treat the car with respect in the form of adhering to a proper maintenance ritual. Anyway enough of my rambling, I am truly grateful in my life to have been able to afford these cars and I have great respect for the engineering and quality they posses (not as a status symbol, that is one thing I hate). I look forward to being a member of the forum and I hope that I can not only learn from the knowledge of the members of this forum but also contribute some of what I know from maintaining my previous C55 and current CLS 55. Thanks for reading and I look forward to being a member on here!
Old 07-03-2015, 12:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 55, Audi A7, Range Rover Sport
Congrats and welcome! I too have the silver/black combo - love it. Any mods to date? Post pics when u get a chance.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:59 PM

2006 CLS 55 AMG
Thank you for the welcome Flo1989! I have not done any mods to the car besides putting in the AMG door pins. I have a USAA warranty on my car so I am unable to modify it at all. I have a few pics from a month ago of her in the garage. So here you go, I absolutely love this car I hope to have her for at least 200,000 miles! Thanks again for the welcome, I will take some better pics tonight when I get home.
Attached Thumbnails New member introduction-cls-garage-1.jpg   New member introduction-cls-garage-2.jpg  
Old 07-03-2015, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Welcome Nice ride
Old 07-03-2015, 01:27 PM

2016 CLS63s AMG
Welcome to the forum!
nice one
Old 07-03-2015, 09:17 PM

2006 CLS 55 AMG
Thanks guys for the the welcomes and for the compliments! She is a beautiful machine and I am very lucky to be able to own her! I took a few quick photos, (car is filthy right now...), so here you go. I have a question for you guys, I have searched the forum and I haven't really found any post's that describe the same thing as what is occurring in my CLS. So, basically I am getting a rough idle, prior to changing plugs I was showing a slight misfire on all cylinders which the plugs corrected. I now pretty much feel a rough idle when in park, drive and reverse, it is slightly less in neutral however this is only a barely noticeable amount. The RPM's do not fluctuate nor does the vehicle hesitate when it is revved or during normal driving operations. The rough idle feels like what it must be like to be in your 80's and have that slight shaking in your hands that comes with age. Anyway , here is what has been done to correct it without success.

1. replaced stock idler pulley with another stock idler pulley as I noticed a slight oscillation in it. (Not to the extent that it would cause damage, oscillation amount was within acceptable range as per MB, however I read too many horror stories and replaced it)

2. Motor mounts were replaced. (was done at dealer, amazingly covered under warranty...)

3. Replaced spark plugs. (gauged properly and torqued correctly and used OEM plugs)

4. Replaced engine intake air filters. (everything was properly resealed and seated into position)

5. Ran some fuel injector cleaner through her. (once about 3 months ago and prior 6 months ago)

6. Checked vacuum lines and found no obvious leaks, which was reaffirmed by the lack of a CEL.

What I think it may be?

1. Dirty MAF and/or throttle body?

2. Tranny mount shot?

3. O2 sensor?

4. Inadequate fuel supply due to fuel pump not operating correctly?

5. Fuel filter is dirty?

6. Other more serious things such as crank case position sensor, ECU not operating correctly, Faulty engine mounts (the ones I had put in), I am not really sure.

The idle issue is not causing any decrease in performance, the vehicle starts on the first try, I use only premium gas 93 octane, car is driven daily and is parked inside so no water from fuel or environment, Oil done every 3500 miles, recently flushed all fluids including the tranny fluid and filter. So I am really at a loss, if I could get some guidance from any of you guys who have experienced a similar issue I would appreciate it so I do not correct things which do not need to be. Thanks for the help everyone!
Attached Thumbnails New member introduction-cls5.jpg   New member introduction-cls1.jpg   New member introduction-cls2.jpg   New member introduction-cls4.jpg   New member introduction-cls3.jpg  

New member introduction-cls7.jpg