C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

CLS 55 AMG 1/4 mile times

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 12:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 CLS55 AMG
CLS 55 AMG 1/4 mile times

Just wondering what some of you guys are running in the 1/4 with your cls 55's and the modifications on your cars. Also any dyno numbers for those that have had the car on one.

I went 12.78 @ 113.66 with no prep and a crappy 2.2 60'. I will be ordering a pulley/tune combo, likely from eurocharged, within a month or so and trying to get a good idea on what to expect on mph. I know these cars pick up greatly from LT headers but they won't fit in the budget for a while and it is my daily. My buddy has a strong running bolt on coyote I want to gap as well

Also, any recommended exhaust setups/vids? I want something cheap and simple for now, but that sounds clean and crisp. I think I would like to at least delete the primary resonators and possibly the secondary cats but would like some input on these setups beforehand.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:13 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by Whippled
Just wondering what some of you guys are running in the 1/4 with your cls 55's and the modifications on your cars. Also any dyno numbers for those that have had the car on one.

I went 12.78 @ 113.66 with no prep and a crappy 2.2 60'. I will be ordering a pulley/tune combo, likely from eurocharged, within a month or so and trying to get a good idea on what to expect on mph. I know these cars pick up greatly from LT headers but they won't fit in the budget for a while and it is my daily. My buddy has a strong running bolt on coyote I want to gap as well

Also, any recommended exhaust setups/vids? I want something cheap and simple for now, but that sounds clean and crisp. I think I would like to at least delete the primary resonators and possibly the secondary cats but would like some input on these setups beforehand.
Since its a daily and this is my opinion don't do a large under drive pulley as it will just heat soak faster in the long run (anythting 180+ = more heat)

As for headers go MBH, LT options that are available will not fit great and have issues in the long run, leaking, too loud ,rubbing etc

U want to installe their headers, delete primary cats ,install race cats, xpipe or H pipe, delet 2ndry and keep resonator. This has produced the best daily drivable sound for me and I have gone through a lot of them to find it.

Do split cooling

Do AMG 80mm tb for peace of mind, everythibg fots like stock, just hsve to rewire, or 82 but requires more work to be done

With pulley tb and header and tune ,u should be in the 500whp+ range

Gl
Old 12-22-2015, 01:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Zod
Since its a daily and this is my opinion don't do a large under drive pulley as it will just heat soak faster in the long run (anythting 180+ = more heat)

As for headers go MBH, LT options that are available will not fit great and have issues in the long run, leaking, too loud ,rubbing etc

U want to installe their headers, delete primary cats ,install race cats, xpipe or H pipe, delet 2ndry and keep resonator. This has produced the best daily drivable sound for me and I have gone through a lot of them to find it.

Do split cooling

Do AMG 80mm tb for peace of mind, everythibg fots like stock, just hsve to rewire, or 82 but requires more work to be done

With pulley tb and header and tune ,u should be in the 500whp+ range

Gl
Thank you for the feedback, I planned on doing the 83mm fixed SC pulley with a tune. Would this give me any problems with heat soak?

Do you think ONLY res delete would sound good on an otherwise stock exhaust car? Headers won't be in the budget for a while so I wanted something temporary that will give me a nice, throaty sound under throttle. However, I don't want it to sound like crap down the road when I swap headers and already have the res delete.

Do you mind elaborating on the split cooling? Or you can send me to another thread as I am sure it's been covered.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLS55
Kleemann headers and Eurocharged ECU tune got me a best of 11.9 @ 119 mph with a 1.9 60'

I tried an upper pulley but it didn't improve my times or mph.
Old 12-23-2015, 01:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 cls 55 amg
It all depends on elevation and air quality as well as location.

I did a 12.0 Here in canada on a hot summer day, that was with eurocharged headers, supercharger pulley, tune and full straight pipe with x pipe.

My tires were quite worn as well with heavy bling rims.

Hope to do mid 11s here with my mods now.
Old 12-25-2015, 09:31 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by Whippled
Thank you for the feedback, I planned on doing the 83mm fixed SC pulley with a tune. Would this give me any problems with heat soak?

Do you think ONLY res delete would sound good on an otherwise stock exhaust car? Headers won't be in the budget for a while so I wanted something temporary that will give me a nice, throaty sound under throttle. However, I don't want it to sound like crap down the road when I swap headers and already have the res delete.

Do you mind elaborating on the split cooling? Or you can send me to another thread as I am sure it's been covered.
I have not tried the fix pulley. Just the crank one, but be warned bad parts or crappy instillation can lead to big issues if not done right.

There is some math on the w211 form where it shows u what is = to what in terms of size between fix and crank pulley. Anything 180mm + (crank) will generate a lot of heat in the long run, especially if your cooling is not split. When i say split it means splitting the engine cooling from the supercharger cooling and adding an additional heat exchanger/reservoir. To get an idea just look at renntech solution, should have instructions on their site i belive.

As an other member mentioned the Kleemann mid leangths have also produced good results and their price isnt too high. As for the resonator, I would keep it. Our cars are very quite on the inside, but loud on the outside. Let some one gun it past you and you will be surprised when you hear it

If your plan is to go headers in the long run, i would mbh/ kleemann headers ,race cats , H or X pipe and delete 2ndry keep res and it will be more then loud enough. Just some info the SL, G and CLS are the loudest 55's stock and sound the best in general. The exhaust is different.