C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

rough idle and hiccup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2017 | 10:56 AM

2006 CLS 55 AMG
rough idle and hiccup

Hi there,
i have this problem for quite a while (14months) with ups and downs on my 2006 CLS 55AMG

Idling a bit rough. RPM needle movement when stationary.
And when driving slowly, and touching the gaspedal it often started (starts) hiccupping.
But when reading it out there are NO error codes showing up.

I always fill up with 98octane. Now for several weeks i changed from fuel brand (advise from a mechanic). Actually from NO brand TO a brand. (Shell,BP).
In Holland we have gasstations that are unbranded. LOT cheaper. But it seems they get the weaker/dirtier fuel from the big branded companies.(?)

Now for running this "good" fuel for about 3 weeks, something strange happens. (I HOPE SOMEONE TECHNICAL AMONG YOU KNOWS WHY?)
In the morning when i drive my car (after a night rest for like 14hours roughly?) it drives as new. No problems. Much faster and responsive and no hiccups. Marvelous!
But then during the rest of the day the problems return. Even after sitting for 6 or 8hours. It still has the trouble.

So it looks like if it really rested,sat down,cooled off then the problems are fixed.

So my big mistery problem. (for me i must say and MB dealer here). What exactly causes this?

Hoping there is someone here who has an idea to fix this annoying problem?

Happy Holidays!

best
John
Old 12-10-2017 | 06:14 PM

1994 S420 RIP (2/8/13), 06 CLS55, 02 ML55, 94 TT Supra, 89 Maserati 228, 911 Porsche Carerra
You need a dealer with a Star system and a tech that knows how to use the software. The system can diagnose a squished bug on your windshield. If you don't have one and are mechanically inclined get one. If not get your indie one for christmas with the understanding that any time you need a code scan he gives you one for free. It's obviously the difference between cold and hot running but cheap gas vs premium gas does have input. If it was dirty it could have blocked or partially obstructed a fuel injector or other fuel system component. Either way you need a scan. The cars are too technical and too expensive to just throw parts at it and hope. Good luck.