Please Help Issue with Seat Adjustment and/ or Frame

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W219
Exclamation Please Help Issue with Seat Adjustment and/ or Frame

Hello,

On the weekend I borrowed my car to my brother. Unfortunately, he somehow managed to get a perfume bottle stuck under the driver's seat frame/motor area. Only realising myself once, I tried to adjust the seat forward (It was adjusted all the way back). The seat was not adjusting forward and shifting left/right, I looked under the seat thinking, it was a water bottle, but instead found stuck perfume bottle. After removing the two front seat bolts and loosen the frame and remove the perfume bottle located near the seat motor/cable that connects to the seat frame to metal wiring around the cable itself. Initially, I thought it was loose wiring stuck but after trying to remove it seems part of the seat motor/frame/cable mechanism.

I'm quite short and struggling to drive the car safely in the current driving position to get mechanics opinion and will have to probably wait until the weekend for my brother to drive it. Please see the images and videos to help me any ideas you have to determine what issues or specific part will need replacing.

Thanks.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
CLS 55 AMG E500 99 ML320
Mine stuck all the way back once when I was cleaning it. Pushed on the seat and hit the button and it started working again after a key cycle.