C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

HELP DEALER TOOK IN MY RENNTECH TUNED CLS55 4 FUEL TANK REPLACEMENT, BURNED MY ECU

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls55
Question HELP DEALER TOOK IN MY RENNTECH TUNED CLS55 4 FUEL TANK REPLACEMENT, BURNED MY ECU

Hey everybody any help would be appreciated.

Renntech parts list: (verified by vin through renntech customer service)
Mods: This has our tune, airbox, lowering module, crank pulley, rear diffuser, intercooler pump, and 82mm tb.

I have interesting situation, wanted to ask if anybody would have any knowledge in this matter. I have the 2006 CLS55 which has a few renntech parts installed including a tune. I took in the cls last week for a faulty fuel tank (leaking fuel). They had replaced it under the warranty recall. After they had the car running for like 20 min to check for leaks, they claimed and the car stalled. Then the car started stalling every 45 seconds they claim now. Now the guy calls me from MB dealer and claims they found out the ecu is bad. I drove the car daily before no issues with the ecu. I would like to go after them now to fix that issue which never happened before them. Does this tune void warranty by any chance? Also the car did not have warranty, this was some extended warranty recall for the fuel tank. Could they have fried my ecu while replacing the fuel tank? Can they argue with me the ecu went bad because of the tune it had? Any help would be appreciated. Below I have attached some information on the car.

Thank you
Old 05-18-2020, 10:48 PM

cls55
Thank you for the input from anybody, never dealt with dealer for repairs so not really sure what todo now.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:32 PM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
CLS55AMG
Is the dealer claiming that the hardware in the ECU is bad or are they claiming a corrupt software? The logic or software has no bearing on the hardware performance. I know with my RaceIQ tune I can go back to stock if need be. Can renntech send you the stock software or can dealer reflash for you?
Old 05-19-2020, 10:19 AM

cls55
Originally Posted by CDC55AMG
Is the dealer claiming that the hardware in the ECU is bad or are they claiming a corrupt software? The logic or software has no bearing on the hardware performance. I know with my RaceIQ tune I can go back to stock if need be. Can renntech send you the stock software or can dealer reflash for you?
yes claiming something is wrong with the main control module it keeps cutting out. Other guy on this forum is saying they could have updated the ecu and put it to stock. Do you think that's possible? Can I make them pay for that? I reached out to renntech yesterday so waiting on them to see what they say. Thanks
Old 05-20-2020, 10:50 PM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
CLS55AMG
Hello, any word back from Renntech? Did the dealer try a new ECM? I would find out for sure if the dealer did reflash your original ECM and wipe your Renntech tune and if that alone did not fix the problem then you could make the argument that they need to make you whole for the performance tune costs. Renntech and Mercedes are very synonymous with each other and is definitely not a fly by night tuning company.
Old 05-21-2020, 03:59 PM

cls55
So a week later after dropping off the car at the Von Housen Mercedes, I get it back fixed. I am very upset with them and their service. Never again. They claimed 1 day replace the fuel. Everyday it was pushed another day for a whole week. Everyday they had an excuse. 7 days later they figured out the issue. the issue they claimed " was the plug to the pump was bad" They replaced it and it fixed the car. I dont understand how these trained dodos work connecting a fuel tank to bad melted plugs in the first place. I believe I am being lied to. The last day I was so pissed at them, when the service person called I told him I was recorded the call and he said that was fine, he tells me the car is ready go and told me about the plug issue. I asked him some questions about the ecu if they did any updates or anything he would do a long pause and then answer me. Then I asked him did they replace the fuel pump and sending unit and this time he says yes. Last week he told me they only replaced the tank NOT the fuel pump or sending unit which was weird to me why not? Week later hes telling me a different story..... Who knows what they were doing to my car. The car had 2 extra miles when I picked it up. Later that day I found out they jacked up my carbon fiber lip in the front. So now I am going after them to replace it. So far they are not happy or denying that they damaged it. I will update the outcome for the lip replacement.