Lowering module and alignment questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 03:48 PM

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
W140, CLS55, SL65
Question Lowering module and alignment questions

Hi fellas,

I have CLS55 and H&R lowering module 29241-2. I haven't done an alignment when I got the car and currently I'm replacing 20" wheels with new 19" ones. I'm thinking to do an alignment for a peace of mind.

Here is what H&R brochure says regarding alignment:

Wheel alignment is not necessary. If wheel alignment is required it must be done at OE ride height and not lowered with the ETS.
Also just in case here's what RENNtech website says regarding alignment when V3 is used:

https://www.renntechmercedes.com/ind...owering-module

The unit also supports speed-dependant lowering that allows the vehicle to return to its factory ride-height at a pre-set speed. This removes the need for the vehicle to be aligned after lowering. The user can maintain the factory longevity and still have the lowered look at low speeds!
I got few questions:
1) I'm not sure why the alignment is not needed if vehicle is being lowered. You changing angles when you lower your car with lowering module so why alignment is not needed? Please could you give your opinions here.
2) In H&R case it says I need to do an alignment at OE ride height which can't be done wirelessly. I'm going to take my car to Mercedes dealer for alignment. I'm pretty sure Mercedes won't mess with an aftermarket lowering module. I wonder if they can bypass the lowering module and select the needed height with SDS?
3) If you guys have lowering module in your cars how you do an alignment?

Thanks!