Irridium Silver?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 12:59 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 Pewter E55
Irridium Silver?

I ordered a CLS 55 through my dealer today and was disappointed that flint gray was not a color option. He said brilliant silver was also not on his computer but "irridium" silver was. Anyone know what this will look like?
Old 09-30-2004, 09:55 AM

2012 Diavel
Option pricing?

Was the dealer able to give you pricing? When I discussed spec'ing out the new "beast", they didn't have anything to give me yet except what the available options and colors. It was funny how they were trying to push black. I was thinking like you that Flint gray would be my choice giving the car a real techno look. Also I would like to see examples of the different wood option.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:49 PM

E500
Originally Posted by stickyc
I ordered a CLS 55 through my dealer today and was disappointed that flint gray was not a color option. He said brilliant silver was also not on his computer but "irridium" silver was. Anyone know what this will look like?

Why don't you go for "Indiumgrau" or "Perlitgrau"(I don't know what they're called in english)??? They are closer to flint grey; irridium silver is similar to brilliant silver. Here are some pics of "Perlitgrau":

Old 09-30-2004, 04:34 PM
Almost a Member!

03 Pewter E55
Unfortunately, no pricing info. I have heard it will be anywhere from low 90's to possibly 120's Quite an unhelpful range, I know. I placed a call to my salesperson to ask about perlitgrau. That's a nice color. Thnaks for the heads up.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:59 PM

"perlitgrau" is German for pearl gray.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:04 PM
bhr
Almost a Member!

Unhappy

hi there

i have the english CLS brochure with me and there are two grey paints which are perlite grey and indium grey. but i cant confirm which of these two is the one in the pic.

i like the paint in that pic and i am thinking of ordering one in that color but we still dont know what its called
Old 09-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Almost a Member!

03 Pewter E55
my salesguy called me back and said according to his system, pearl gray will not be available in the US. he said mb often has different colors in europe when compared to the US.

bhr, do you know if that brochure is for the US models?
Old 09-30-2004, 10:33 PM
Almost a Member!

colors for 06 CLS

Iridium is similar to Brillinat Silver but is more of a "pure" silver. You can see in on the new SLK - your dealer should have a demo model and many of them have one in Iridium silver.

Here are the colors that are available for the 06 CLS (available in early 2005):

Black (040)
Black Opal (189)
Obsidian Black (197)
Capri Blue (359)
Bordeaux Red (567)
Desert Silver (693)
Pewter (723)
Granite Grey (747)
Iridium Silver (775)
Everest Greeen (816)
Alabaster White (960)

For the CLS 500 you can choose from Charcoal, Cashmere Beige, Sunset Red or Ash interior.

For the CLS 55 AMG you can choose from Charcoal (with charcoal alcantara headliner), Cashmere Beige (with stone alcantara headliner) or Ash (with ash alcantara headliner) interior.

Both models offer a choice of Matte Burl Walnut or High Gloss Laurel woods. With the large size of the wood on the dash, the high gloss Laurel could present some problems with glare.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:47 PM

E500
If there's no Perlite grey then I guess Granite grey is the closest you can get to Flint Grey. I think Granite grey is an awesome colour:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...t=Granite+grey

Last edited by slytoksy; 10-01-2004 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:04 AM
bhr
Almost a Member!

the brochure i have is i think a european one however i am not sure i got it from the dealer

But it doesnt have a Pearl Grey in it. It only has the two greys i mentioned.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:15 PM
Almost a Member!

Forgot to add that my data are for the U.S. only.

I beleive Granite Grey is Perlite Grey.

My guess is that Iridium Grey is Flint grey which is not available here in the U.S for the CLS.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:52 PM

E55
Originally Posted by hotmalma
Forgot to add that my data are for the U.S. only.

I beleive Granite Grey is Perlite Grey.

My guess is that Iridium Grey is Flint grey which is not available here in the U.S for the CLS.

I just came back from the dealer.. They had Iridium Grey listed in the Netstar system. I asked what it looked like and they werent sure. I ended up with Pewter.. I also went with Cashmere Beige.. If anyone can get me a sample of that along with the Laurel wood i would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks!!
Old 10-01-2004, 08:45 PM
Almost a Member!

Cool.

With the CLS one would think MB would introduce some neat new exclusive color - maybe Iridium Grey will be it.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
Im pretty sure irridium is very similar to brilliant silver just a bit lighter from what i hear. Flint is not available on the CLS even though im sure plenty would order it since its such a nice color.
Old 10-03-2004, 02:10 AM

2006 CLS 55
According to the MBUSA website, Iridium Silver is available on the SLK350. I suggest that anyone interested in ordering that color go to a dealer and ask if they have an SLK in Iridium Silver on their lot.

I also went to my dealer today. I was disappointed that the color choice was so limited, as was the list of options. For example, I adore using my automatic trunk close. Does anyone know whether that will be available on the new CLS55?

Anyhow, on Monday I am going to call AMG. To spend what will be after sales taxes over $110K and be somewhat clueless about what I can get and what it might look like is crazy!
Old 10-03-2004, 09:30 AM

2006 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by jmeyers
According to the MBUSA website, Iridium Silver is available on the SLK350. I suggest that anyone interested in ordering that color go to a dealer and ask if they have an SLK in Iridium Silver on their lot.

I also went to my dealer today. I was disappointed that the color choice was so limited, as was the list of options. For example, I adore using my automatic trunk close. Does anyone know whether that will be available on the new CLS55?

Anyhow, on Monday I am going to call AMG. To spend what will be after sales taxes over $110K and be somewhat clueless about what I can get and what it might look like is crazy!
The CLS55 AMG (MY2006) optional equipment list is
051 Integrated Motorola Digital Telephone with voice control, 219 Distronic, 220 Parktronic, 530 DVD navigation, 819 CD changer, 873 Heated front seats, 881 Electronic trunk closer, 889 Keyless Go, Packages- Comfort package= 317 Active venttilated seats (401)/Multi-Contour Front seats (406)/Rear window sunshade (540). Lighting Package 319= Bi-Xenon Headlamps with active Curve Illumination (615) and headlamp washer (600). Premium Package 326= Active Ventilated Front seats with heating feature (401), Multi-Contour Front seats (406), CD changer (819), Rear window Sunshade (540), DVD Navigation (530), Harman/Kardon LOGIC7 Surround Sound (810)
Old 10-03-2004, 12:49 PM

2006 CLS 55
Woods available on the CLS55

Does anyone know which wood options will be available on the CLS55 and what they look like?
Old 10-03-2004, 03:26 PM
Almost a Member!

Wood choices right now for the US are Matte Burl and High Gloss Laurel. I think the laurel is just a bit lighter than the burl, but not totally sure. Also I think that the laurel is/was offered in the C class so you may be able to see it on one of those models.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:49 PM
Almost a Member!

03 Pewter E55
saw a pic of the cls with birdseye on some website. very disappointed it will not be offered here.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:55 PM
Almost a Member!

E500 2003
When you say you ordered your CLS 55, Did you mean you gave your dealer a deposit and he is awaiting the moment that he can actually place the order through the computer system?

I will be getting the first CLS 55 at my dealer and he tells me that the computer is accepting orders for CLS 350's and CLS 500's but not CLS 55's. Question is, is your dealer telling you that they have placed the order through the system when they really haven't or is my guy telling me it can't be placed yet when it really can and doesnt want me to know it (as maybe I'm not the first one to get it :o )
Old 10-11-2004, 10:14 PM
Almost a Member!

03 Pewter E55
Sorry about the confusion. I paid my deposit and he listed the options available and recorded them into his computer. He said he would call me when the car was about to made in case I wanted to change anything. So no, that was not the actual order.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:49 PM
Almost a Member!

E500 2003
Sorry about the confusion. I paid my deposit and he listed the options available and recorded them into his computer. He said he would call me when the car was about to made in case I wanted to change anything. So no, that was not the actual order.
Glad to hear that they were not fluffing me. I am torn as to whether to wait for the designo option. This time round they plan to offer a lot more variations of the Designo on this model. It wont be available until April. See below.

Exclusive designo metallic paintwork, leather upholstery and trim

An exclusive designo range will be available for the new CLS 55 AMG from April 2005. Customers will be able to configure their own personal vehicle from a range of 13 different metallic paint finishes and single-tone designo leather upholstery in a choice of ten colour tones. The designo seats are in a distinctive design with six-fold longitudinal piping, double-topstitched seams and a matt chrome designo emblem. As an exclusive additional feature, the Alcantara roof lining is available in a choice of anthracite, pebble beige or alpaca grey. The range of decorative trim comprises designo matt natural oak, cinnamora designo matt red brown or designo black piano lacquer.

Got this from the link below:
http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cf...ercedes/1.html
Old 10-12-2004, 01:38 AM

2006 CLS 55
Designo in the US

From what I understand, due to the NTSB (the federal agency that would like to governor speed limits to 55 mph and impose the wearing of crash helmets while in a moving car), we in the United States are very limited in our choices of designo paints and leathers. That bureaucratic agency's fear is that an untested paint or leather (testing is VERY expensive) might give off dangerous fumes if ignited; therefore, MB has to have each color individually tested. Given how few people spend the extra bucks to have a Designo variant, MB has reduced dramatically the number of such offerings and has imposed pre-determined packages for us.

All that being said, does anyone have an idea when the CLS 55 will be available with a Designo configuration?
Old 10-12-2004, 10:43 AM
Almost a Member!

E500 2003
Designo

They said it will be available as of April.