C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Weird seat issue.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2023, 06:39 AM

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
Looking to buy a CLS55/63
Weird seat issue.

I'm having this weird power seat issue I need assistance checking. One day out of now where my driver's, passengers and telescoping wheel just stopped working from the switches. The only thing I can think of is my driver memory switch got stuck in the M position and after that nothing worked.
I can accsess the seat controls via a scan tool and actuate them in all directions so it's definitely not a motor or power issue. I checked all the fuses relating to them and confirmed I'm getting power to the seat controller under the seat. My car was recently in Mercedes for a CGW coding issue and the tech was able to normalize my seats but the switches just don't work.
I got a replacement switch , nothing...I disconnected the batteries for 30 mins, nothing...I pulled the seat up and inspected the wiring and all looks good.
I'm at a loss here for where to look next..I do get some messages about hall sensors when trying to normalize the seats myself, but do not get any actual codes when I scan for codes.

Old 07-26-2023, 05:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 470 Likes on 408 Posts
2005 CLS55 AMG W219 C219
Hmm weird indeed, I think you need to look more into the direction of the system or component, which "sits above this" (no pun intended). Like the central gateway of SAM, as you already looked at both endpoints (the switch and the actuators in the seat)
Old 07-26-2023, 08:19 AM

Received 243 Likes on 203 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG, 2005 SLK 350 AMG
Originally Posted by Jerseyjules
I'm having this weird power seat issue I need assistance checking. One day out of now where my driver's, passengers and telescoping wheel just stopped working from the switches. The only thing I can think of is my driver memory switch got stuck in the M position and after that nothing worked.
I can accsess the seat controls via a scan tool and actuate them in all directions so it's definitely not a motor or power issue. I checked all the fuses relating to them and confirmed I'm getting power to the seat controller under the seat. My car was recently in Mercedes for a CGW coding issue and the tech was able to normalize my seats but the switches just don't work.
I got a replacement switch , nothing...I disconnected the batteries for 30 mins, nothing...I pulled the seat up and inspected the wiring and all looks good.
I'm at a loss here for where to look next..I do get some messages about hall sensors when trying to normalize the seats myself, but do not get any actual codes when I scan for codes.
You may have a CAN communication issue as most functions are directed through the CAN network. Power and ground to each component also needs to be confirmed. Figure out which modules are up and running on the network and those that are not. You will likely find a common issue that is effecting all of the issues. Here are all of the components that are part of the window and other switches. Any one of those can stop the vital communications.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Door Switch Connections.pdf (380.1 KB, 25 views)