C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

New Owner - CLS 63 (2007) - Some Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2023, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 63 AMG (2007)
Question New Owner - CLS 63 (2007) - Some Questions

Hey Guys, Happy that I have stumbled on this forums and recently acquired a car which I would love to learn a bit more about.

Old 09-05-2023, 06:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 63 AMG (2007)
Question

These are my first few questions;
(I have embedded some Photos below)

1. How do I find out the exact body model ? Is it W219 or C219 ? Or something else? (this is for ordering accessories off AliExpress and Other similar Sites)

2. When cold starting in the morning - the A/C starts with blowing hot air, and gradually after 1 minute it turns cold. Also, while driving sometimes the A/C loses the cooling ability and just blows air. Needs a few mins to keep it off and then turning it on again to get cold air again.

3. Any owners who has mounted Mobile Phone holders for Navigation - How have you done it? Since the glass gets too hot (Dubai Weather) the suctions cups wont stay sticked on the windshield. The top layer is leather and I feel bad to stick anything on it.

4. Her previous owner had changed the headunit to a certain DynaVin Unit. Is there anyway I can get a guide to upgrade the firmware of it? I was even unable to find it's model - as it says only Dynavin Platform.

5. Does anyone have experience with using LiquiMolly Instead of Mobil1 ? It's a bit hard to get Mobil1 here.

6. The car was idle for a while, but owned by a single owner for the last 15 years. As basic due diligence, I changed Engine Oil and Filter, Swapped the Coolant, Changed Spark Plugs, and changed two worn out tyres. Gonna change the Engine Drive belt as well, since I noticed a few cracks. Anything else you'll suggest ?

Thank you and much appreciated for your time.

The Oil FIlter I've Used

Spark Plugs

Coolant I've used

LiquiMolly Engine Oil

The Headunit I have

The only details the Headunit had
Old 09-05-2023, 08:23 AM

Received 235 Likes on 196 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG, 2005 SLK 350 AMG
Welcome to the forum. Your base modle is 219.377. Since the 219 is based on the E Class 211 platform (pretty much all crosses over but the sheet metal) most CLS 63 AMG owners spend most of their time and ask their questions over on the E Class forum here: https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/