C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

CLS 55 AMG -Airmatic/ADS modes Comfort, Sport 1,Sport 2 not change the height anymore

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C219 CLS 55 AMG / C203 C 200 K Sportcoupe / S212 E 350 CDI 4-Matic
Angry CLS 55 AMG -Airmatic/ADS modes Comfort, Sport 1,Sport 2 not change the height anymore

Hi!

My EU model 2005 C219 CLS 55 AMG right front side airmatic strut lowered completely in the morning because of a hole. It was its own factory OEM air spring with yellow amg label and with ADS.
I ordered a new aftermarket air spring (https://www.ebay.com/itm/225894950176) whose oem number (2113208413) is the same as the old one, especially for AMG models.
I replaced the air strut without any problem. After doing a calibration with xentry/das. Everything is perfect, the height of all sides is correct. When I press the 'lift' button the car is increasing the height. When i press again went to normal height. When I press the middle button, what I can set the modes (comfort, sport 1 or sport 2), I get the visual message on the dashboard to set the chosen mode. The red led also shows the correct chosen mode (comfort without led, sport 1 mode 1 red led, sport 2 mode 2 red led). I feel the differences (suspension hardening) between these modes when I go with the car and in a ride set to another mode.
The only problem is the ride height. Earlier when I set the suspension mode sport 1 or sport 2 I remember the car height is lowered a little bit visibly. Now the height does not change when I choose comfort, sport 1 or sport 2 mode. In all modes the height is the same (except raised mode, when i set this the car is perfectly raising) I only feel the suspension hardening, not visible the height changing
I calibrated the airmatic system many times (ride height and ride angles), without any difference. The DAS not showing errors or problems. I checked every value and did the tests (compressor unit, speed sensors, height sensors, airbags charge full with air , activate suspension 1. and 2. in the full list of conducted inspections and I read the the values ​​correctly changes . Every values ​​and parameters are perfect, the test results also, every parameter is working normally. I don't feel anything bad, the car is running normally.
I checked the values ​​​​in the ZGW unit, airmatic function is enabled. After I checked the country region in DAS. I know in the USA country models (CODE 494) have another program that is the same what I experience now yet, but my settings are in DAS in 'the rest of the world). Should I set to for example Switzerland (code) 823?? Is the airmatic strut or the electric shock absorber (ADS) the fault? Or the airmatic control module?
I tried to disconnect the big and the little battery for one day, without any changes.
After trying to check the connectors (in down the ADS connector and height sensor connector and above the speed sensor connector and the air valve connector), disconnect and then reconnect again without any changes. In the XENTRY/DAS i should check any other values specially for country region coding?
What could have happened with my CLS?
Before replacing

The old OEM strut.

The old OEM strut

The new aftermarket strut

Country modes on the ZGW unit

The values in calibartion